Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

View Poll Results: Are you a sceptic of a critic or a Believer
Sceptic 4 30.77%
Critic 1 7.69%
Believer 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2021, 07:37 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I'm not concerned which method of communication is used. It's mediumship when it meets the simple criteria I've outlined in the past.
I don't know what the technical definition of mediumship is but the reason I'm asking for clarification is because in a previous thread it was agreed that in general, mediumship and psychic awareness was both connecting to spirit but I wasn't given a proper differentiation between the two (is there a specific thread with the agreed upon criteria?).
EDIT: Just read your other post (but still direct me to an appropriate thread if there is one).
Quote:
As the old saying goes, all mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums. Psychic sensitivity is essential for mediumship but psychic sensitiveity/awareness in itself is not mediumship.

An individual may ask if she is 'becoming a medium' when it's simply psychic awareness/sensitivity that has been noticed. There appears to be constant confusion between psychic and medium.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:21 AM
Deactivated Account
There is no "technical description" of what mediumship and often there's no agreement!
Old 11-07-2021, 09:27 AM
Knower

Quote:
There is no "technical description" of what mediumship and often there's no agreement!

Ha! It seems one refers to mediumship then, as delivering/passing on actual messages; and psychic sensitivity/awareness is referred to in the context of intuitive awareness (from what I understand).
Old 11-07-2021, 12:42 PM
Deactivated Account
A recurrent issue is that of the term 'medium' being used - often in America but increasingly in the UK - when what's meant is 'psychic' (noun). The term 'psychic medium' is tautological - mediums have to be 'psychic' (adjective).

The other term - 'spiritual medium' - is often used to denote an evidential medium, someone I would refer to simply as a medium...... But then both get shortened to just 'medium' so you don't know which is which.

But outside of certain settings there's no agreement what the single word 'medium' means and I repeatedly write countless lines saying much the same thing!

hey, ho, onward and upward
Old 11-07-2021, 12:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Things change - we're in 2021 now.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:34 PM
Deactivated Account
not about Spiritualism

I've repeatedly used words to the effect that Modern Spiritualism is a movement and now a formally-recognised religion that has its roots in the USA, the upstate region of New York, an area once known as Hydesville. I haven't ever confused it with Lily Dale yet I'm no historian.....

But even though I AM a Modern Spiritualist of 30 odd years - and few here are Spirituallists or admit to being one - I'm not much interested in Spiritualism's history because it has little relevance to this time we call the present.

At the risk now of being accused of moderating this thread - which I'M NOT - may I refer contributors to the thread's subject, that of mediumship? Modern Spiritualism has no monopoly on mediumship even though its teachings are predicated on the message of survival and the demonstration of that principle via mediumship.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:31 PM
Ok, enough on Modern Spiritualists, getting off the op's question.
Thanks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-07-2021, 01:18 PM
Administrator
The title of this thread is do you believe or are you a sceptic, spiritulism or modern spiritulism is not the thread topic.
so please keep to topic

Namaste
Old 12-07-2021, 06:23 PM
Master
Yesterday when I got back from church I saw a black feather stuck at My Window
I know it's off spirit because I'm not a ship I am trying to get back into my mediumship I'm not going to put it on for about my mind like a date in the past
I need to get into it very big and stick to it it's proof there is an afterlife and give us gifts from heaven above

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 13-07-2021, 10:53 AM
Knower

Yes I've heard those terms being used interchangeably which is confusing, thank you for that, bobjob.

To answer dream_jo's op, yes I'm a believer but it depends on who you resonate with :)

That's a cool sign, dream_jo, what do you think is the meaning of the black feather?