Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 10-06-2021, 06:02 AM
Master
That insulation just might work for the bunks on the pop up. The cold coming from the bottom is a huge issue for those. I have to do something different with the bunks anyway to keep the camper from litterly ripping itself apart.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:09 AM
Master
It's actually easy to use charcoal and cast iron. You just have to know how much charcoal to use for the top and bottom. All you need is a Dutch oven with legs and a cover with raised sides. You can make anything from roast chicken, or stews, and even cakes. You just have to get the coals and time right. It's a trial and error thing. Best part is, no electricity needed. If you know how to make your own charcoal, even better.
I got a hot plate too thinking it was a good idea. The hot plate I have just doesn't get hot enough to be very affective for cooking. It takes almost an hour for water to boil. I ended up useing my single burner camp stove. Again.... No power needed to drain your batteries. A 20# LP tank will last forever if you use it just for that.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
That insulation just might work for the bunks on the pop up. The cold coming from the bottom is a huge issue for those. I have to do something different with the bunks anyway to keep the camper from litterly ripping itself apart.

Thinsulate is even used in some clothing so a person can stay nice and warm.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
It's actually easy to use charcoal and cast iron. You just have to know how much charcoal to use for the top and bottom. All you need is a Dutch oven with legs and a cover with raised sides. You can make anything from roast chicken, or stews, and even cakes. You just have to get the coals and time right. It's a trial and error thing. Best part is, no electricity needed. If you know how to make your own charcoal, even better.

I have a neighbor that loves cooking with a cast iron Dutch oven.

If I got one, I would love to master how to make pastry with fillings inside.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-06-2021, 04:07 AM
Master
I found a good guide for heat control. https://www.campingforfoodies.com/du...erature-chart/
Old 14-06-2021, 04:23 AM
Master
Nice article.

Thanks.

Got the single passenger seat switched out with a dual seat.
Hopefully tomorrow, might tackle the partition/bulkhead between the cab and cargo area.

My insulation and floor pads arrived. That is going to be another job. Probably will run the wiring after the insulation is installed.

Old 14-06-2021, 04:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Thinsulate is even used in some clothing so a person can stay nice and warm.
a pop up camper is horrible for cold weather camping. They simply don't hold any heat. Last spring I went early. The night temp got to 28°f the factory heater ran pretty much non stop. I also bring along a radiator style electric heater to help the main heater. That's not all that cold for here. Pop ups canvas and windows also get really brittle when it gets cold. I've cracked a few plastic windows just opening and closing it in cold temps.
That's why a camper van is really becoming an option for me. So I can camp in winter.
Old 14-06-2021, 04:48 AM
Master
More on dutch ovens..... I use a Dutch oven table as well, there priceless for keeping wind from affecting your temperature and so you don't have to cook on the ground. I was just looking for Dutch oven tables to show you but I found this instead. https://www.foodstoragemoms.com/make...n-stand-cheap/. I wish I would have seen this before I bought my table. If you can weld you can easily make one.
Old 14-06-2021, 06:00 AM
Master
I have watched men bake filled pastry, using your method, in Southeast Asia. I never have seen them burn a pastry!

I wish I could bake like that..... Maybe I can if I practice.

Old 14-06-2021, 06:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have watched men bake filled pastry, using your method, in Southeast Asia. I never have seen them burn a pastry!

I wish I could bake like that..... Maybe I can if I practice.
I am sure they had a lifetime of experience cooking that way.
I like to think, if we had no electricity or other types of energy what would life be like. After all if you think about it, that time wasn't all that long ago. Camping is a great way to put things in practice.