Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 28-05-2021, 12:06 PM
BunnyJen90

I never really thought that I'm going with the crowd by saying that you can't be a productive member of society if you have to depend on others.
Maybe like everyone else in my country I value independence too much. Though I got to say being independent does have its benefits.
After living on my own for almost 9 months I've learned that I no longer have to worry about others judgements when I'm home alone.
When I lived with my parents I would constantly have to worry about them judging me for wanting to be sad all the time.
Now if I want I can be sad in my apartment all alone and not have to worry about anyone judging me. Also it's nice to not have to fight with my parents over the living room TV.
My parents are part of the generation that grew up on TV and would have the TV on all the time which would really annoy me as I mostly use my TV these days to play video games as I'm part of the first generation to grow up on video games and computers. I use to watch more TV as a kid but quickly outgrew that phase by the time I was a teenager. Also I feel more free to be able to believe what I want. Still I don't go opening up to co workers or even my friends about my religious beliefs. I learned the hard way when I started to get more into religion as a teen not to be so open about my beliefs.
As a teenager I was so excited when I first discovered my ability to foresee the future in dreams sometimes that I went and told everyone at school only to be bullied and looked at as stupid.
Honestly now that I think about it what's so great about having to depend on others because of disability.
Sure there is being able to socialize with those who you depend on but back when I depended more on my parents we would sometimes get into arguments.
There can be such a thing as spending too much time with others.
Not that I don't love my parents but sometimes our personalities can clash especially me and my mom since we are both very stubborn.
Of course living on one's own can also get lonely but that's when I've learned to get out and spend time with friends and get involved with the community.
Only problem is my time is limited because I'm usually busy with work.
Old 28-05-2021, 09:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I'm like you in some ways. It can be difficult to function in a job or learning environment and listen attentively to others. But i do find personal fulfillment in my own unique ways.

I don't place much importance as to whether me or others are useful or useless as i don't see why it should even matter.
Useful and useless are words which are not very useful for myself at this point in my life. To me, it is a matter on what value I place on such words, all words which contain an element of personal belief I guess.

I have some lego figurines which are pretty much "useless" though they bring me some joy so in that way they are quite "useful".

I think that there are many ways to measure and define value and also independence too.
Old 29-05-2021, 04:28 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyJen90
*Entire post deleted*

This could be why you feel ashamed when you speak your mind.