Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-06-2021, 06:42 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi.

I've been feeling a bit better these last few weeks. Still feeling very anxious about some things.

I think my version of the afterlife is still the best.

I look at it like this. There is an infinite number of universes. Out there some species must have found a way to control their universe. According to even atheists like Carl Sagan that is possible.

Soooo with this in mind one of these species may have created a pocket dimension that wraps itself around their own and takes the minds of everyone who dies out of their body at the moment of death and traps them there.

They get to reunite with their families, enjoy a version of heaven for a while and then they get to relive their old life, but in a better way. Free of any tragedies, they get to choose their lives etc, alongside their loved ones and others. This process then repeats forever.

These aliens however find a way for this dimension to replicate and it produces an infinite number of copies that then attach themselves to every universe.

That to me would be the best afterlife and I suppose it is possible. Who knows maybe these aliens went back and created the first universe that spawned all the others.

I guess you would call these aliens god. When you think about it god is an alien anyway. He is a creature that exists from outside our earth, reality, so technically that is an alien.

Since according the sliding scale of civilisations the highest level of civilisations would be indistinguishable from gods and dieties, maybe science and religion can be reconciled.

I'm also sorry about calling Eben Alexander a charlatan. I heard Sam Harris and his relative say bad things about him, but it seems they were being a bit too harsh on him. At the very least I think he believes what he is saying. That of course sadly isn't proof it is real.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:25 PM
Pathfinder
I believe reincarnation happens but I don't see it as a mechanistic process or one in which we are forced to incarnate against our will or it being "the only game in town."

I see all consciousness as being on a path of growth/expansion towards greater levels of love and awareness. Incarnating into physical bodies is one path available for growth.

I believe there are many possibilities for incarnating physically in other civilizations on other planets. Some places we can incarnate are easier than others due to various levels of consciousness of the civilizations we can be born into and the level of development of the physical bodies we incarnate into.

I believe we have chosen to incarnate and were not forced to. From the perspective of an eternal soul, a lifetime might be comparable to the blink of an eye or a brief dream after dozing off for a few seconds, any suffering might be perceived as insignificant, and pain/difficulty might be seen as a catalyst and opportunity for growth of consciousness.

When I think about the difficulty of my childhood and the pain along the way, I definitely think, "There's no way I want to go through that again."

But I also believe that I planned the broad strokes of this life and chose to incarnate knowing what was ahead. So while I might not want to return now, I can't say that I'll feel the same way after this lifetime is over and I can once again see the bigger picture.

Again, though, I don't believe we are forced to be here, so think we can choose to not return and opt for other paths. Or choose to incarnate into an easier setting (whether that's on Earth or somewhere else).
Old 03-06-2021, 08:26 PM
Master
What about the incarnation of guts and organs and the brain are they apart of the ‘true nature’ true desire of an incarnation? That means We are somewhat stuck in the past.... definitely, there could be a true choice due to the “death” keys ;but is it a true plan or essence??

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 04-06-2021, 02:48 PM
Master
QUOTE 66 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadguy347
Hi.
I've been feeling a bit better these last few weeks. Still feeling very anxious about some things.
I think my version of the afterlife is still the best.
I feel glad and am relieved to hear that you've "been feeling a bit better these last few weeks" and that, at this point in your life, you have discovered a "version of the afterlife (that) is still the best" for you.

I hope that you keep getting better and better as well as less and less anxious.
Old 20-02-2022, 01:49 AM

[quote=sadguy347]I don't want to go through the horror of childhood, or to lose my identity, or worse be reincarnated as an evil person or someone suffering in a horrible part of the world.

I hate this idea that we are sent here to learn.

I completely understand how you feel. The notion of forgetting who I am again, losing all my current loved ones, and starting all over again is horrible. That's why I do ALL I can to try to ensure I won't need to come back. Self-development, releasing karmic ties/contracts, etc.

Last edited by Native spirit : 20-02-2022 at 10:06 AM.
Old 20-02-2022, 10:09 AM
Administrator
Please remember the quote rule no more than two or three sentences allowed

Namaste
Old 20-02-2022, 10:09 AM
hazada guess

Not everyone's here to learn Psyhx.
Old 20-02-2022, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physx
I hate this idea that we are sent here to learn.

That's why I do ALL I can to try to ensure I won't need to come back. Self-development, releasing karmic ties/contracts, etc.

As Hazada Guess wisely pointed out, "Not everyone's here to learn Psyhx."

In Tibetan Buddhism and some other wisdom traditions as well, it is said that one's inner pressures (desires, cravings, "goals", etc.) can obscure the clear vision and drive one to rebirth in circumstances that might be significantly different than one anticipated because one did not see clearly the "Big Picture". Through purification, one's vision can become clear and one can CHOOSE a rebirth situation that one considers optimal....or choose NOT to undergo rebirth.

You seem to be heading in a positive direction with the last part of your post which is quoted above. Keep it up.

I once had a lengthy one-on-one dialogue with a Tibetan Buddhist monk who personally watched his master raise a monk from the dead in order to guide him through the "Bardos" (Physical Death transitions). The Tibetan Buddhists seem to have an understanding of the process of dying as well as the process of rebirth.

NOTE: Having said that, the great sage Ramana Maharshi explicitly stated that "the reincarnating ego is of the lower planes". Hence, there is more to this than is being discussed here.
Old 21-02-2022, 09:33 PM
B. Civyl

I couldn’t agree more that we are here to learn – as individuals, as societies, as a species as a whole. I, too, am afraid of reincarnation. I’ve had a blessed life and I still want nothing to do with this world. There’s just so much hate and pain out there, it makes my soul sick. That should mean (and someone else drew this conclusion but I can’t find it again) that I would want to learn as much as possible about God, spirituality, the afterlife, etc. etc. etc.

Yet for as much as I am all about the quest for truth, a BIG part of me is also of the mind that ignorance is bliss. To see all the good in this world, to see God’s influence, to see just how much our society could accomplish if we could just unite behind a common purpose…I truly believe that humanity is capable of anything. We can end world hunger. We can reverse climate change. We can divert incoming comets. We can develop renewable fuels that can power every inch of this planet. We are God’s children, after all, and we’re a hell of a lot smarter than we give ourselves credit for. But then to see all this potential get ******* on by the evil and hate in peoples’ hearts. To see God’s creation disgrace itself with wars and genocide and slavery and human trafficking, rape, murder, rioting, or even just the random slandering of other peoples and their beliefs on the internet – I feel like these last 12 years since my awakening, I’ve been watching the gradual decline of society into chaos and anarchy. And 12 years from when this all started for me, I feel like we are right on schedule.

My soul hurts so bad watching us go down this path. I see all the pain in this world, and yeah, I too am afraid of reincarnation. But I’ll tell you what helps me deal with that fear – faith.

In the end, even if the worst horrors of Revelation unfold, everything will happen as God intends it. (God, after all, did create both good and evil.) And if God deems it necessary, then that’s good enough for me. That’s one of the most important tenets of faith, to trust that God knows far better what is right or wrong for us than we do, otherwise the monarchy that is Heaven wouldn’t work. So I trust that if God is a far better judge of what is best for me, then when the time for my judgment comes, He will be fair, merciful and just, and I will abide by His decision to accept me into a better world or send me back for another go-around in this world, as much as it sickens my soul. This trust, though, this faith is what I believe goes a LONG way toward determining if we are deserving, or I dare say strong enough for a life outside this world. Because without this trust in God, the inhabitants of Heaven would wage war in their desire for freedom, democracy and the “right” to decide for themselves what right and wrong should be.

I don’t believe, though, that people are reincarnated into evil people. Well, some maybe. God did create evil, after all – to give us a choice between right and wrong – to test us. I’m sure some souls are born specifically for the purpose of presenting us with that test. In fact, many people believe that Hitler was the second incarnation of Satan, and look at how many people he put to the test. But the everyday person like you and me, we’re not born evil. We’re merely tested by it.

But have faith because God doesn’t send us to test alone. We all have a guide. Call it your subconscious. Call it your guardian angel. Regardless, we all have a piece of God inside us, guiding us, instructing us on what is right and what is wrong. It makes us feel good about ourselves when we do right by others, and it makes us feel shameful when we act without regard for our brothers and sisters. If you don’t want to come back to this world, then listen to this voice inside you. Let it guide you. It won’t always be easy. Sometimes the message is convoluted. So in those times, remember this. The right thing to do is almost always the hardest thing to do. If it wasn’t, then right and wrong wouldn’t be a choice.

So choose the right path and have faith. Do these two things and your soul will end up exactly where it wants to be. I truly believe this. Blessings…
Old 21-02-2022, 09:40 PM
B. Civyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Civyl
But then to see all this potential get ******* on by the evil and hate in peoples’ hearts.

I really thought I was being mindful of my language but I guess the bots didn't think so. If I used the word I wanted to but chose against it, there would be only four asterisks in the above statement. Just saying.