Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Reincarnation scares me

I don't want to go through the horror of childhood, or to lose my identity, or worse be reincarnated as an evil person or someone suffering in a horrible part of the world.

I hate this idea that we are sent here to learn. I'm hoping that the afterlife is just something god or whatever built the universe created as a failsafe to preserve the souls of everyone who died and that the afterlife is where we get to live out the best versions of our lives again, with our loved ones and no memories of the previous lives.

Are there any NDEs that back this up? I hope NDEs don't say that you have to go back and be someone else again. I couldn't take that.

I'm also absolutely terrified of the Egg by Andy Weir. It is this idea that you are not only reincarnated through space, but time as well. IE I could next be reincarnated as someone dying in the trenches of World War 1, or worse be reincarnated as Hitler!

This is both terrifying and depressing me. I hope that maybe some stories of NDEs and afterlife studies here can perhaps ease my worry. Is reincarnation mentioned in NDE experiences. I hope not. I really hope not.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:43 PM
Master

So you dislike the idea of having to reincarnate because you are afraid of what you might suffer. It sounds like you are already in a state of suffering, and the cause of all your suffering is the ideas in your head.

You hate the idea that we are sent here to learn. I love the idea that we are sent here to learn. It means that life is not just random chance - there is meaning and purpose to our lives.

Why would you be reincarnated as an evil person unless there is some part of you that is attracted to evil? And if reincarnation is a fact then no doubt we have all been all types of people, and we have probably all done terrible things. And perhaps we have learned from the past and we have no desire to repeat these actions.

Instead of living in fear and resistance to what might be, use this life to cultivate a peaceful mind and a loving heart. Be present with what is, rather than worrying about all the things which might be. Embrace a spiritual path which resonates with you.

The cause of all your suffering lies within you, and the cure for all your suffering also lies within. Are you willing to make the effort to find peace?

Peace
Old 09-05-2021, 08:36 PM
Administrator
I Would have to agree with that

Namaste
Old 09-05-2021, 09:58 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hi..
I've listened to many NDE accounts. Most don't deal with the topic of reincarnation. It's all about the ''life review'', meeting others and being in another place. Few talk about past lives and I haven't found any account that mentions experiencing a new incarnation.

FWIW (a lot?), I have no past lives myself and don't believe in the whole thing.

Thank you. That's what I wanted to hear. The only NDE I heard that mentioned reincarnation was Eben Alexander. However he was exposed as a charlatan and a liar. I'll take your word for it.

The life review sounds nice.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So you dislike the idea of having to reincarnate because you are afraid of what you might suffer. It sounds like you are already in a state of suffering, and the cause of all your suffering is the ideas in your head.

You hate the idea that we are sent here to learn.
I don't get why people are so attracted to this idea? It's horrifying that we choose to suffer. I'd never choose to be depressed like this, never mind be crippled or be tortured.

Sorry but that post isn't a comfort to me. I hate the idea of reincarnating at all. I have my own idea of the afterlife which you can maybe find in my history. I so hope that is true.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadguy347
Thank you. That's what I wanted to hear. The only NDE I heard that mentioned reincarnation was Eben Alexander. However he was exposed as a charlatan and a liar. I'll take your word for it.

So Eben Alexander was exposed as a charlatan and a liar. This is news to me. Please provide more information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadguy347
The life review sounds nice.
The life review is a common theme in the NDE. We see our entire lives in detail, the things we said and did, and also how other people were affected by our words and actions. And apparently it is the small acts of kindness which count for far more than whatever we might have achieved in worldly terms.

Another aspect of the life review is that we finally understand why things happened as they did, why we had to experience certain things. So if we had a difficult childhood then we might see that everything happened exactly as it was meant to. It was all part of our learning.

I imagine that for many people the life review could be quite uncomfortable, as we see all the stupid things we did and the consequences of our choices in life. We may well cringe at some of the things we have done, but supposedly there is no judgement apart from the judgement we pass on ourselves. So it helps to cultivate acceptance and compassion for ourselves - we are just doing the best we can at any particular time.

Peace
Old 11-05-2021, 01:53 PM
hazada guess

Just thought that I'd let you all know,I'm half way through watching a video with Eban Alexander and I can assure you all he's NOT A liar.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:41 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I believe in reincarnation but have a problem with it. Too much suffering, too much pain for too many people. One may say, "Well, they chose that life before being reincarnated." Maybe so, but I don't see why one has to suffer in order to learn, grow, and self-actualize.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1
I believe in reincarnation but have a problem with it. Too much suffering, too much pain for too many people. One may say, "Well, they chose that life before being reincarnated." Maybe so, but I don't see why one has to suffer in order to learn, grow, and self-actualize.

There are many possible responses to this. A simple response is that suffering provides the motivation to seek an end to suffering, the best known illustration of this being the life of the Buddha.

And what is suffering? Suffering is continually having to deal with the limitations of form, the realisation that all form is temporary and nothing in form can ever provide permanent fulfilment. Which motivates us to seek that which is not temporary, to investigate that which lies beyond form.

There is also the suffering inflicted by humans on each other. This suffering is unnecessary but it reflects humanity's current level of development and ignorance. As humanity develops, this unnecessary suffering should cease, but that may be a long time in the future.

From an esoteric perspective, the Earth is considered as a planet of suffering. The benefit of this is that it provides a very intense learning experience, which is why consciousness chooses the Earth experience. But such learning cannot be achieved in one short lifetime, hence the need for reincarnation.

Of course, we could still learn and grow without all this suffering, but it would take much longer.

Peace
Old 12-05-2021, 04:36 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
There are many possible responses to this. A simple response is that suffering provides the motivation to seek an end to suffering, the best known illustration of this being the life of the Buddha.
Instead of focusing on what we have in common, it seems today we focus on what makes us different thereby creating "tribes" that insulate us. If you are not a member of a certain "tribe" you are viewed with scorn, especially if you don't adhere to the "tribes" narrative. We have made tremendous strides technologically, but emotionally we seem to be as immature as we were 1000's of years ago. It's a bit disheartening to see vituperations heaped on others just because they have a different world view. Fundamentally, we are alike a lot more than we are different, and I wish we would realize that and come together.