Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK39
The Chinese are very sensitive about messing with somebodies rice bowl (living). Which is why Chairman Mao had to go in and completely shake up tradition. Also a part of what Tao was saying was the two much Government was not a good thing. Minimal government is best.

And also there was quite a battle back in the day :) between Tao and Confucius. They were contemporaries and Confucius was considered by most to be the more practical philosopher.

love,

Ck

Thanks, I appreciate the information.
Old 29-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
One sees what one is filled with.....

We always reflect out own inner state......

A Divine Child says "Love One Another"

One perceives a threat and attacks,

the other sees only Love.

What do you See??

If you like seeing what you see, then let it be.

If you don't like what you see.......change your thoughts by seeing THROUGH the screen which flashes inside"

Thanks but I'm a realist.
Old 31-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Racer X

So am I.......

So what?
Old 31-12-2010, 05:18 PM
shepherd

Quote:
One sees what one is filled with.....

We always reflect out own inner state......

A Divine Child says "Love One Another"

One perceives a threat and attacks,

the other sees only Love.

What do you See??

If you like seeing what you see, then let it be.

If you don't like what you see.......change your thoughts by seeing THROUGH the screen which flashes inside"

Hmm, this is partly right but if you did this as a whole it would be like sticking your head in the sand by ignoring what you dont want to see.
If famine upsets you then dont watch anything about it etc as this is a reflection of you......(well not really but this is what is sort of being promoted)

People often use spirituality to justify what wrongs are happening in the world from their comfy armchairs.

Wonderful ain't it?
Old 31-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Master
Changing your thoughts doesn't mean ignoring the wrongs... but taking a different view of them and therefore creating a different emotional response, a different experience.

The change may be letting go of believing in oneself as a victim who can never recover from their wounds, or seeing the learning and healing potential in every wrong there is, or developing compassion for others' pain and lack of love and even one's own, or.......

Xan

Old 01-01-2011, 05:19 AM
blackfellawhitefella

or ... simply being grateful even.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Master
In ref to original question, I had a desire to be bright, not so much right ... these days I accept what is lol
Old 01-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Racer X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sR0c...1&feature=fvwp

Thank-you Xan for showing me this link.

Reflect on this video clip and the Science in it....

How do you Conquer one photon without even touching it?

If you are the other Photon, you simply change yourself and the other is changed too, without any other action on your part, simply by Choice.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:16 PM
ShamanWoman

Once you live in the Tao you have progressed beyond the need for societal law. I live according to my own laws because I have been around the block enough times to grow beyond my own selfishness and understand that we are all connected as a whole, so I don't need laws to tell me that stealing is wrong. Laws are for souls who have not had enough lives to understand this. Living in the Tao is not sticking your head in the sand, but energetically creating your life in such a way that you are not affected by the lower energies that so consume the rest of the world. As the Law of Attraction states, you get what you give your attention to. By creating your own heaven on earth you balance out all of the hell that some others are creating. It's all about balance, my friends. Personal balance and global balance.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:33 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
The more arts and skills there are,
The more change obsoletes people;

Seriously Racer X, is that really from the Tao Te Ching? Remind me not to read that....lol
Am I just misunderstanding what it means?

I don't know what translation Racer X used, but here's the same stanza from the James Legge 1891 version, which is less poetic and more literal. I bolded the same phrase.

In the kingdom the multiplication of prohibitive enactments increases the poverty of the people;
the more implements to add to their profit that the people have,
the greater disorder is there in the state and clan;
the more acts of crafty dexterity that men possess,
the more do strange contrivances appear
;
the more display there is of legislation,
the more thieves and robbers there are.

Slightly different meaning, no?

CS