Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 18-07-2014, 11:12 PM
n2mec

Lucy

I'll have to see this move after seeing some of the trailers. I feel there's some spiritual ingredients too it all, other than a mind in overdrive.
Old 18-07-2014, 11:35 PM
yumi14

This looks like a fantastic movie to see!
Old 28-07-2014, 01:22 AM
n2mec

Lucy (Movie)

Found the whole movie very interesting. The concept of using 100% brain power and what it can achieve. However, are we ready to use intelligence wisely...
Old 26-11-2014, 05:05 AM
brett

Definitely not ready for that yet in my opinion!
Old 13-12-2014, 01:11 AM
Master
I thought the movie was a complete and utter waste of a concept, also i think the major problem with society is not that we don't use enough of our brains! it's are perceptions and conditionings. Our perception's are so small, due to the constant systematic conditioning that happens to us in schools through media and general society. Places like this website, and then specific area's of pioneering science are widening our perceptions. But like everything in life, doing is believing!

I saw this movie awhile back, and i just thought it was really bad and the acting by Scarlett Johansson was poor. That is probably not her fault as she was just following the script etc. Morgan Freeman can't really do much wrong, so i won't really give him any criticism.

I just thought the film was really morbid and tacky.

Also are we ready for that type of intelligence..?

Scarlett Johansson seemed to become more morbid, and less emotionally intelligent as the film progressed. I think the world need's more emotional intelligence, because that's is what will make us progress! not the latest car or plane! or computer etc!
Old 19-12-2014, 09:51 PM
PurpleButterfly360

I just heard about this movie.
Could someone please lead me to it. I was told it's not of the USA.
Thanks.
Old 19-01-2015, 04:37 AM
yumi14

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly360
I just heard about this movie.
Could someone please lead me to it. I was told it's not of the USA.
Thanks.

You can find it on YouTube.

I just finished watching it. Holy WOW! It was quite good 😤

I have no idea what to believe, but a YouTube person who goes by nicholson1968 has done videos describing what this black programmable matter is. Its hard to believe tho, but who knows.
Old 19-01-2015, 07:10 AM
Master
the movie was "okay", but i wouldn't recommend it for most viewers.
its amazing how many stories involve exacting revenge rather than something productive.
the notion of humans only using 10% of their brains has always seemed ludicrous to me. what metric is that based on?
i'm fairly certain that every living brain cell "fires" at some point... there aren't any unused lobes that i'm aware of.
if every cell were to "fire" simultaneously, wouldn't that be called a seizure?
Old 19-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Suspended

This film is just promoting science through drug-use, in order to attain Enlightenment. l doubt drugs will ever enlighten us to the degree suggested in this film - this is the materialists idea of what God is (things like Ayahuasca and DMT do not lead to enlightenment or God-Realization IMO). As if the number of brain cells could turn us into gods - perhaps super-intelligent, but hardly godlike. These ppl are still caught up in the myth that the brain creates consciousness, instead of the other ŵay round.
There are enlightened ppl who have achieved the same state as 'Lucy', but they didn't do it through drugs. ln reality it's our 'consciousness' that needs to expand, not our brains. Most of us are probably only using about 1% of our True Consciousness - it's all about Spiritual evolution, not darwinism..or dawkinism..
Old 26-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Master
Lucy

Quote from the movie Lucy :

Lucy: Every cell knows and talks to every other cell. They exchange a thousand bits of information between themselves per second. Cells join together forming a joint web of communication, which in turn forms matter. Cells get together, take on one form, deform, reform — makes no difference, they’re all the same. Humans consider themselves unique, so they’ve rooted their whole theory of existence on their uniqueness. “One” is their unit of “measure” — but its not. All social systems we’ve put into place are a mere sketch: “one plus one equals two”, that’s all we’ve learned, but one plus one has never equaled two — there are in fact no numbers and no letters, we’ve codified our existence to bring it down to human size, to make it comprehensible, we’ve created a scale so we can forget its unfathomable scale.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness