Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-08-2020, 11:09 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

How do you navigate the path that leads to liberation?

Loosening mind-body identification
Recognizing that our attention is held in packets of time
Silence and stillness our orientation
Unhurriedly shifting fulcrum nearer to conscience chime

What happens in meditation is this: we exit hypnotic trance
Tumbler within falls noiselessly; revealing self-luminescence

Great stuff in this post.....I didn't understand this one line though.
Maybe like moving our point of perception back into ourselves.

This is wonderful way to put it to me "What happens in meditation is this: we exit hypnotic trance" So true. The delusional state that is normal life.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Great stuff in this post.....I didn't understand this one line though.
Maybe like moving our point of perception back into ourselves.

This is wonderful way to put it to me "What happens in meditation is this: we exit hypnotic trance" So true. The delusional state that is normal life.

Conscience. Simply stated, it is the heart, throbbing with love. The voice of conscience is aligned with Universal consciousness, or we may say, God consciousness. It does not recognise narrow agenda of ego or mind-body.

Happy you straight away recognised that we are all in a hypnotic trance. Waking up from the dream is the goal.

Old 06-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:

Conscience. Simply stated, it is the heart, throbbing with love. The voice of conscience is aligned with Universal consciousness, or we may say, God consciousness. It does not recognise narrow agenda of ego or mind-body.

Happy you straight away recognised that we are all in a hypnotic trance. Waking up from the dream is the goal.

I am definitely not in a Hypnotic Trance

' Hypnotic trance - a trance induced by the use of hypnosis; the person accepts the suggestions of the hypnotist. trance - a state of mind in which consciousness is fragile and voluntary action is poor or missing; a state resembling deep sleep.'

The Free Dictionary.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I am definitely not in a Hypnotic Trance

' Hypnotic trance - a trance induced by the use of hypnosis; the person accepts the suggestions of the hypnotist. trance - a state of mind in which consciousness is fragile and voluntary action is poor or missing; a state resembling deep sleep.'

The Free Dictionary.

Let us rest literal meaning and consider the actuality of what is sought to be stated

Our attention in any activity or thought train is held in packets or quanta of time. Each packet is a hypnotic trance, self induced, by identification with mind-body and looking outwards.

During meditation, disassociation from the mind-body construct, allows us to approach an unfettered state, as narrowness recedes. That is where inner reality dawns. Then, upon exiting our meditation, we reenter the trance state.

The aim of the game then, is to make the meditational orientation our default state of being. As we become contemplative and internalise our attention, the impact of delusion begins to wear off slowly.

Our lower mind will of course never acknowledge that it is not awake.

Old 06-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:

Let us rest literal meaning and consider the actuality of what is sought to be stated

Our attention in any activity or thought train is held in packets or quanta of time. Each packet is a hypnotic trance, self induced, by identification with mind-body and looking outwards.

During meditation, disassociation from the mind-body construct, allows us to approach an unfettered state, as narrowness recedes. That is where inner reality dawns. Then, upon exiting our meditation, we reenter the trance state.

The aim of the game then, is to make the meditational orientation our default state of being. As we become contemplative and internalise our attention, the impact of delusion begins to wear off slowly.

Our lower mind will of course never acknowledge that it is not awake.

'During meditation, disassociation from the mind-body construct, '

It depends on what Meditation you practice. Mindfulness Meditation is definitely not about disassociation...
Old 06-08-2020, 03:30 PM
Master

@ sky123 ... Sure ... whatever you say. I have no understanding about variants of meditation.

Old 06-08-2020, 03:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
My way is to accept that ups and downs are an inevitable on the life path. When things are great I know it won't last. When things are rough I know it'll pass.

To know what is true is key to my navigation, and I'm not saying I'm good at it, but knowing how I am without the nagging need to be better lets me keep the peace. This is a more powerful driver of positive change than any will I might have to improve myself. It is inevitable that I'll change, and self-awareness is key to positive transformation. It's nature's way to be sentient-aware, which is the truthful path - as opposed to the path which follows delusion.

When I wander off track in emotion and distraction, it never leads me anywhere good, so each time I notice I've gone awry, I return to where I am, where awareness exists with the actuality of lived experience.
Gem,

Very nice cogent description.

What you are describing, in devotional paths would be summed up as surrender.

This is when the ego content of the seeking takes a back seat, and what happens is that the TRUTH Itself begins to take up the process, because the seeker is becoming more conversant with it...which means more listening and less asserting, i.e. surrender. This is why meditation is indispensable; it is literally a training in listening to what is, and sitting is an extended listening, also surrender.

Truth leads to Itself.

Its the other stuff that like you say, 'gets in the way'. In the beginning of sadhana (practice) this is virtually inevitable,
but gets sorted out over time, by direct experience and continued dedicated practice, as these oscillations (hopefully) get narrower and narrower.

Great post!

~ J
Old 06-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:

@ sky123 ... Sure ... whatever you say. I have no understanding about variants of meditation.

Here in the UK mindfulness is used by the Medical Association to help cure People who dissociate.. Amazing that something the Buddha taught is now being used and recognized as a Treatment in Hospitals...
Old 06-08-2020, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Here in the UK mindfulness is used by the Medical Association to help cure People who dissociate.. Amazing that something the Buddha taught is now being used and recognized as a Treatment in Hospitals...

Hahaha ... let’s not get so touchy! It’s just that you know what you know and I what I know. No point to prove.

If we are awake, why meditate for a deeper insight? What actually happens when we meditate? Questions. We each must look for the answer.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:35 PM
Master

Quote:

Hahaha ... let’s not get so touchy! It’s just that you know what you know and I what I know. No point to prove.

If we are awake, why meditate for a deeper insight? What actually happens when we meditate? Questions. We each must look for the answer.

why does the answer even matter? Would you really not meditate if you weren't seeking? If not then why are you meditating to begin with?

(sorry I have a chip on my shoulder today )