Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-08-2020, 12:17 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Exactly that frustrates me as well. He was obviously quite happy NOT to devote his time to spreading knowledge which would have averted ,for instance, the religious atrocities of the middle ages.
He lived (apparently) for 33 years. Those things for which he is known - as above - if added together in hours total about 70. As our saviour (from sin?) what did he do the rest of the time?
Anyway his endeavours to get us to be 'good' have failed miserably, had he shown an ounce of worldly knowledge (or geography or whatever) maybe we (all of us I mean) could take him/it seriously.
It has been left to quite normal, mainly secular thinking people, to offer the world succour and compassion. Our increased knowledge of the world has given us the opportunity to better the condition of the human race.

Hmmm... It seems to me that despite all the scientific knowledge we have today, there is no shortage of spiritual and religious folks who will flat out deny the lot of it, and even attack the idea of science in general. One need not look much further then the threads of these forums to see that. Many have no problem with using all of our modern technologies while simultaneously denying much of the science it is based upon.

I don't know that Jesus making claims of ice caps or new worlds would have made any difference in what people believed or how they behaved. Those who deny science also have a tendency to do so with history and any other beliefs that don't fit their truth. If they cannot find truth in the teachings of love and compassion then I doubt someone telling them that Jesus predicted the discoveries of our day will make them see it as true. The fault IMO, is probably more so with the nature of the students than the message or the messenger.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Experiencer

If he were to speak about such topics he would have to contradict the Genesis, which was supposed to be the official explanation for the Creation.

"You see, my beloved friends and disciples, Moses was wrong about how everything came into being..."

If he was wrong about that, then what god was he talking to? And what about all the prophets and patriarchs that came before Christ, were they all wrong too for following Mosaic Law?

If you search the apocrypha, then yes, he opposed them all. That's why I say there's very little consensus about Christ's original message and the amount of wisdom he imparted on his followers.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Master
Solomon, we can discern, learned about Eastern practices of astral travel. Apparently from his many wives, including from the East.
Perhaps Job also one night observed the earth as well from that perception.

Job 26:7
"He stretches the north upon empty space. He hangeth the earth upon nothing."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Experiencer

I had a dream related to what I said here yesterday, though no one cares about it I'll say it anyway.

There was this man who had a powerful demon behind him. In the dream I didn't realize it was Moses, but when I woke up I understood. I felt sorry for him, because the demon was after him, but he was either unaware of his appearance or he enjoyed it.

It was neither human nor animal, it was a strange, dark faced entity, tall and extremely powerful, wearing a robe, I was terrified of him.

Then that man saw another man with a beautiful young woman, but obeying the demon he chose an older not attractive woman. He wasn't pleased with it but he obeyed.

I started praying because I was afraid that the demon could see me seeing them. When I did I could manifest some power from my Higher Self. Still I prayed some more and the strength of that demon diminished before me, then I woke up.

That demon could not be defeated by anyone except another equally powerful divine being. I daresay the Old Testament comes from a powerful demon, yes, the one who ordered people to be stoned to death for silly reasons and opened the ground to swallow unbelievers, while the New Testament brings the new knowledge of Christ and his Divine God, but since they were too attached to the old teachings of the prophets they did not fully embrace the new teachings of Christ and a different cosmogony.

Those women, I think they represent Egypt. The kings had wealth, power and women, while Moses had to be contented with less, but he could still be important while obeying that great demon. It was like that entity was his Higher Self.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Experiencer

delete double post pls.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
delete double post pls.
I believe that that demon was "fear".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:13 PM
Experiencer

I had assumed Moses served a lesser god, perhaps a righteous one, but not anymore, and not considering the cruelty that their 'opponents' were dealt with:

Numbers 15:32-36 - While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. And the LORD said to Moses, "The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp." And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses.

People don't realize how dangerous it was for someone in those days to say or do anything against their long established traditions. The fear I felt is the fear they felt for disobeying and being judged.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that that demon was "fear".
Are these the folks and the God you want to have to deal with?
Old 05-08-2020, 08:50 PM
Master

Quote:
I had assumed Moses served a lesser god, perhaps a righteous one, but not anymore, and not considering the cruelty that their 'opponents' were dealt with:

Numbers 15:32-36 - While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. And the LORD said to Moses, "The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp." And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses.

People don't realize how dangerous it was for someone in those days to say or do anything against their long established traditions. The fear I felt is the fear they felt for disobeying and being judged.

This was not the work of the Divine, of the Father of Christ, or of Christ, this was either the work of man and man alone or the work of a lower god. This is why when I first started to read the NT ( around 16 years old ), I started with the words of Christ, I had no idea what made me to choose that point, I could start from the very beginning... when I did start from the very beginning, I noticed that God was very human-like... having human traits and emotions... but then I looked at Christ and I saw the divine, I looked at Buddha and I saw the divine, I looked at Gandhi and I saw the divine... Peace, love, forgiveness.. nonviolence, understanding.

I look at all people that promote peace, love, forgiveness, nonviolence, understanding, mercy, humbleness and I see the divine.

This is what got Christ murdered...... and all the other who questioned the religious traditions and the religious ruling power.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Are these the folks and the God you want to have to deal with?
I have no idea what you're asking I don't even believe there is a god, and what folks ...? I believe demons don't exist beyond those you create only for yourself (e.g. "fear")?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.