Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 19-07-2020, 10:41 AM
Suspended

See when something bad happens --- the karma people say it was karma! When it could have been

1. chance
2. luck
3. God
4. The devil
5. or choice
Old 20-07-2020, 03:25 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I'm not quite sure if you are serious or not.

Talking of karma and evolution seems to me to be talking about the same thing. Although the theory of evolution is paved with many hinderances it seems to me that there is no difference especially if compared to the many hinderances intrinsic in karma.

Even in evolution 'you reap what you sow'. Eat junk food and you get fat. (as an example).

I've pointed this out before: Here I am sitting here at my desk at the window, looking out towards the woods and the sunny landscape.

This is the point I have reached in my 'development' / 'life' whether it has followed the path of karma or evolution. So I can undoubtedly say that evolution has brought me to the same point that karma would have done had these forces been able to have been measured. Even in evolution my 'lot' has been determined by my DNA, by my parents dealings, by the development of my character and personality by the surrounding environment, by worldly influences - and so on.

I doubt very much if the choice of the life I intend to lead was formed (as in the teachings of karma) by watching my parents fornicating. Evolution is the only true flowing of energies which lead to a rose blossoming.

Any 'burden' (apart from mental or physical disabilities as a result of karma/evolution) you just don't have to put up with.

The slate simply needs attention when cleaning.
Oh Busby, I am serious, it was not meant as irony, cynical or anything else. I am sorry. I am not American or English and sometime I either misunderstand or I am responding in a wrong manner as I think I am answering in the right manner. Your way of expressing yourself by changing that word helped to make me look at it differently. I am sorry if you thought I offended you. I just wanted to say thank you :) it did/does help me. (I hope I did it right, this time?)
Old 20-07-2020, 03:49 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
asearcher,

if you go reread your initial postit, your husband seemed to be accumulating a lot of karma. Did you acquire karma or were you 'guided' down this path by your husband? I would say the latter.

You seem like a very nice person so from my perspective, I would say you didn't acquire much karma and when balanced out against his karma, you came out shining.

One good thing came out of all of this: you have a very good conscious.
Hi BigJohn! so sweet of you to write this, thank you ever so much :)
Old 20-07-2020, 04:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Oh Busby, I am serious, it was not meant as irony, cynical or anything else. I am sorry. I am not American or English and sometime I either misunderstand or I am responding in a wrong manner as I think I am answering in the right manner. Your way of expressing yourself by changing that word helped to make me look at it differently. I am sorry if you thought I offended you. I just wanted to say thank you :) it did/does help me. (I hope I did it right, this time?)

I certainly didn't feel offended so don't worry!
I've been playing around with these two words (karma/evolution) for some time now trying to get a response but nothing happens!!!!!

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:47 PM
Seeker
From researching reincarnation and many spiritual subjects over the past years, I no longer believe in karma. I can't see the sense in being made to suffer for a mistake or error of judgement we made in a previous life which we can't even remember.

What I think happens, is that memories of a previous life, even subconscious memories, can affect our attitudes and behaviours in this life, making us feel that we are being made to suffer the results or effects from previous lives.

Just my opinion!

Why do we reincarnate?
Just for the sake of it, nothing else.
Because we love being alive!

======================

A lot of interesting stuff to read at https://rememberinglifeanddeath.weebly.com/