Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
Well, there's the "self" an then there's the Self, that Transcendental Reality that is unconditionally loving, that can be felt and known intuitively. It is the latter that I am interested in, and where I ultimately choose to return my awareness to when it strays. The Self (AKA True Self or True Nature) that I speak of here is experienced deeply as a FELT-SENSE of well-being and oneness, to put it into words, and it so being "Self-ish" in this sense is natural, healthy and all-inclusive, because no one is left out of my heart, you see. This is the nature of compassion. It has nothing to do with any teachings, beliefs, people, things, etc., and yet it leaves nothing and no one out of its embrace. I like the Mother Teresa quote where she said, "Compassion has nothing to do with religion." Even the Pope doesn't accept this, but Mother Teresa did, because her awareness and sense of being of loving service transcended man-made belief systems.

It is good to suspect one's own beliefs systems and motives for awhile, so as to go deeper to their root cause, the core beliefs behind them. And it is quite possible for one to do this, if desired, and with self-love and grace at the same time. As long as one makes trust about "others" in any way, that person is missing the point of what trust is about. It is about self-love, period. Not even meditation is superior to self-love (but if one is truly loving and graceful in their meditation, then meditation becomes an expression of self-love).

As I mentioned in my previous message, I am not trusting people (and this includes "Simon"). People are projections of consciousness, and not where trust should be aimed at. Trust is intended for the very Source. If anything, one can simply see it as trusting in their own inner sense of well-being. It is actually so very simple, and with consistent practice it is seen to be "easy," because it really is. Being loving is our True Nature. Every person ever born has proved that the minute they exited their mother's womb. All babies are loving and without judgment. This is an obvious fact. "Be like a newborn baby," I say.

ah! i think i've had a bit of an epiphany. "self-love". "trusting in their own inner sense of well being". these concepts require context. due to my upbringing i don't have much context for feelings such as "trust", "self-love" and "well being". even when i stumble upon "the Source" i'm be so mistrustful of my perceptions of "the Source" that i don't believe in It. i consider It to be some mind trick i'm playing on myself, some imaginary thing i'm conjuring to make my selfish self feel better about myself.

gee ... what "should" be simple is a convoluted maze for me. lol
Old 28-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
ah! i think i've had a bit of an epiphany. "self-love". "trusting in their own inner sense of well being". these concepts require context. due to my upbringing i don't have much context for feelings such as "trust", "self-love" and "well being". even when i stumble upon "the Source" i'm be so mistrustful of my perceptions of "the Source" that i don't believe in It. i consider It to be some mind trick i'm playing on myself, some imaginary thing i'm conjuring to make my selfish self feel better about myself.

gee ... what "should" be simple is a convoluted maze for me. lol

We have no enemies.............. No one is trying to trick us and we are not trying to trick ourselves............
Old 29-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Simon Karlos

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
due to my upbringing i don't have much context for feelings such as "trust", "self-love" and "well being". even when i stumble upon "the Source" i'm be so mistrustful of my perceptions of "the Source" that i don't believe in It. i consider It to be some mind trick i'm playing on myself, some imaginary thing i'm conjuring to make my selfish self feel better about myself.

I hear you. A simple test is this: If it genuinely FEELS GOOD in the connection, then that is the only thing that really matters, and you can know that in that time you are in alignment with your Inner Being. Know that you have the power to choose clarity and well-being over confusion, in any moment that you remember this, and know that self-love/self-appreciation cannot be touched by the ego/intellect and its self-doubts. Loving oneself is an act of faith that transcends fear and doubt.

Your upbringing is past tense, and doesn't matter at all when it comes to how you choose to feel now. You know your thoughts very well, and you can FEELINGLY tell the difference between a belief that denies your well-being and one that positively affirms it, and go from there.
Old 30-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Master
I think it is plain tgo see that a person's past and upbringing actually does greatly influence the way the feel about things. I think it is so often that the proposed ideal ignores the very simplest of observations.
Old 30-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
We have no enemies.............. No one is trying to trick us and we are not trying to trick ourselves............

Again, people are out there manipulating and lying and trying to trick others with cons, emotional games etc, and people do fool themselves with elaborate stories of justification, so although the above quoted is such a wonderful ideal, it ignores the events that actually transpire.
Old 30-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Master
well, since i have little frame of reference when it comes to feeling "trust", especially in myself, i suppose i need to take note of simple ways in which i do trust myself ... like ... hmm ... trusting myself to ... drive my car. i'll seek to take note of what that feels like, the vibration of trusting myself and then maybe i can translate it into a deeper sense.

i do appreciate the advise and encouragement though i can't say that i relate very well emotionally to the context of the words being used. however, i do get an inkling and i am pretty good at estrapolation.
Old 30-03-2011, 04:13 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Best wishes. One can always choose to feel better in their now-moment, regardless of their past conditioning and experiences, whenever they become aware of this choice, even in the slightest.
Old 30-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
Best wishes. One can always choose to feel better in their now-moment, regardless of their past conditioning and experiences, whenever they become aware of this choice, even in the slightest.

Well that's true, no doubt there, and although the past doesn't necessarily influence our current feeling, it's quite plain to see there are instances where it does, so even though there is an ideal, it does not exactly pertain to the reality of general human experience.

In my life there are many past instances I can recall which carry with them some emotional content ranging from happiness to heartache, and current events sometimes bring those memories forth having a distinct effect the current feeling, because although such events have past the emotion attached is felt now.

I dare say all humans experience this phenomena in similar fashion, so my observatoin is life doesn't conform to idealogy.

I don't care if you agree or not, and just because I don't wholeheartedly agree with your idea, doesn't mean I'm assaulting your beliefs.
Old 30-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Again, people are out there manipulating and lying and trying to trick others with cons, emotional games etc, and people do fool themselves with elaborate stories of justification, so although the above quoted is such a wonderful ideal, it ignores the events that actually transpire.

You are not understanding the context of what I said and honestly, I can't explain it. But I'll try.......
Life is not against us, we are not trying to sabotiage our own growth and spiritual maturity. It is not good against evil. It is life and how I see it is this.........I don't see people manipulating and lying. I see the act apart from the person.
I don't expect that to make sense but it does to me........
Blessings, James
Old 30-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman

That's an excellent spiritual truth, for the belief in an "enemy" is a very primitive perception. It is caveman thinking and victim consciousness, the fight or flight paradigm. Humanity has believed in enemies and the need for defensive measures for millennia, and look how "well" that belief system has served them! It clearly hasn't at all, for people only create more confusion and paranoia through holding onto it. The more one awakens to their own inner sense of self-love and empowerment, the more he/she perceives clearly that no one is really "against" them nor anyone else, but only themselves, and that even self-attack is really impossible, for an "attack" is a call for love and understanding. Attack is not really attack (from a "Higher Self" perspective), but actually a call for love and compassion, as great teachers like Gandhi, Jesus and Dr. Martin Luther King demonstrated. Unlike most, they were willing to demonstrate the miracle-working powers of LOVE with true spiritual enthusiasm, not holding back, despite those who thought they could attack and destroy them. Nothing was destroyed. Their messages are stronger than ever, and the Spirit is eternal. Humanity is awakening from its slumber. Thanks, brother.