Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 06-02-2019, 06:19 PM
Master
Goddess Power Oracle

This deck was brought to my attention when I was asked in end last year by someone from Colette Baron-Reid's team if I wanted to do a review on it on my channel.
I'm not sure if I am indeed still going to receive it, but I had a look at it of course, as I am SO into goddesses! Once a pagan...
And I loved it! Couldn't find much of it at the time, but what I saw impressed me. What impressed me most was that Elen of the Ways is in there?!!
I cannot for the love of the Goddess find the image of it anymore. But I so LOVE LOVE LOVE Elen of the Ways!!
She's never in any deck, most haven't even heard of her. And isn't it peculiar that I was asked about this deck and found out about this, as I'd been looking for a Goddess deck like forever that I fancied AND that had Elen of the Ways in it!

In any case, I got a newsletter today from Colette -her team likely- and the oracle is now available to draw cards from online !! YAY!
I've been drawing a gazillion cards already on different subjects, lol, and I love it!
Old 06-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Haven't heard of it. Just saw the images, just wow! I'll have to play around with the page.

Thanks,
Old 06-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Master
Isn't wow! Haha. Glad you like it as well. There are a few cards that I think are Colette's photos which I don't like so much. If they do have to use photos of real people I rather not recognize them.
In any case, I am enjoying the page too, and am still keeping my fingers crossed that I will get the deck for the review!
PS I haven't come across Elen of the Ways yet, have seen a whole lot of different cards though. I LOVE the Iris card! And Skuld as well.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Guide

Wow is right! The goddesses are dazzling.

So very curious, I ventured a couple of free readings.

FairyCrystal, you are not going to believe this, but in the two readings I’ve done so far, Elen of the Ways popped up in 1st card position. Hahaha!

As she is the goddess of patterns and pathways, I’m happy to have her in my company.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Master
I had her come up the other day as well, I was SO happy!!
She is a very elusive goddess, will only reveal herself to ones who are ready. It is also your own path, your soul path.
In the Wildwood Tarot there's a reference with the Ancestor 5 card (Hierofant in default Tarot).
Elen is connected to (rein)deer. This because in the olden days in northern England the reindeer created tracks and followed these same paths for years on end. The paths led from the tundras up north to northern England, which they traveled to when the tundras were too cold, only to move back via the same tracks during summer.
Hunters also used those tracks to hunt reindeer. They needed food, hides for clothes, shoes and so on.
Elen is related to that, those paths, hence her often being depicted with antlers.
I'm never into antlered gods & goddesses -except for the Lord of the Wildwoods- so I am happy that Colette didn't depict her that way.

We have an ancient pre-Roman goddess over here, the only Dutch one we have, ifever she is truly Dutch, that is similar to Elen of the ways. This is Nehalennia.
In the old days people, especially sailors, used to offer to her amphorae and tablets with text and so on for a safe journey.
In the 70s a fisherman accidentally dragged up a number of these offerings and that's how they found out.
They built a replica of what they assume a temple would've looked like in those days next to the harbour.
It was ritually built & opened, and now people can get married there if they want. Not handfasting, proper official marriage with an official. (handfasting is not legal over here)

I sometimes go there to 'pray', and have left offerings too. Nehalennia is connected with apples, dogs as well for whatever reason, and I left fruit. I had to leave it outdoors, you could only look in through a glass door, it was locked. Colours are golden-yellow & warm orange.
But nowadays it is open, which I love! People now leave offerings, notes, incense, fruit and whatnot.
THAT's what a temple is meant for! To have this in a still quite serious Christian area is quite something and I'm happy about it :)

So in a sense Nehalennia is also a goddess of the Ways, just slightly different; mostly water ways and the oceans whereas Elen is more paths on land (as far as I know).
She is allegedly also connected to Leylines. Now how that works out? I know Leylines were created by the Atlanteans meaning Elen has to be very old. And from what I have come to understand, and can feel myself, she is.

Sorry about my ramblings, hihi.
Old 21-02-2019, 12:21 AM
Master
I'm SO hoping the deck comes in tomorrow! That'd be fast, but it's happened before. I somehow have a good feeling, meaning I will be disappointed if it doesn't arrive, hihi.
Old 21-02-2019, 05:15 AM
Seeker
I saw this deck recently and fell in love with it, too! I'm going to order it when I get paid next week, but I just drew Epona and Benzai-Ten. I love how multicultural this oracle is.
Old 21-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Master
Do shop around before you buy as on Bookdepository it's some 5-7 Euros cheaper than on Amazon... Plus free shipping.

I am beginning to appreciate multicultural too. Mostly due to other Goddess decks who have Japanese, African, Native American Indian goddesses.
Old 23-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Master
My cards clearly aren't in any hurry, they still haven't arrived!
I was so disappointed as I was certain -and hopeful- they'd get here today.
Now it's fingers crossed it will get here Monday. Usually it doesn't take that long. The goddesses are testing my patience for sure!
Old 25-02-2019, 06:21 PM
Master
I am heartbroken... My cards still haven't arrived and I decided to check if everything was okay on the invoice etc.
I saw my address wasn't complete, the house number was missing. I have no clue how this could've happened. I've ordered many times with Bookdepository and it used to always be there.
Except for this order and the one before, that oddly enough DID arrive, and on time as well.
I haven't changed it, I mean, I'm not an idiot and I know without house number deliveries become as good as impossible. I checked my Bookdep. profile, it's wrong in there. How, I don't know. Like I said, I wouldn't delete that myself, plus, I wanted to correct it, and I can't even find HOW.
So I phoned the post office, and they said it is likely they will have returned it to the UK.
Now I've mailed Bookdepository, fingers crossed they can help me out so I will get my Goddess deck after all.
I've never had anything like this before, and it's E25 up in the air for now, plus not having the deck that I've been so desperately waiting for to receive.
I'm so disappointed right now I could cry...

EDIT: Just dawned on me it's Mercury Retro... Ain't it grand