Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 10-06-2019, 06:09 PM
Pathfinder

Negative thoughts that make me feel awful...

Hello friends,

I’m not sure if this thread belongs here? Excuse me if it doesn’t.

I’m a little troubled or concerned about some events that happen to me with full intention but that I refuse to admit since I’m not truly sure about it? I’m mainly a positive person and the majority of time I see the positive in manly everything. On rare occasions I must admit that negative thoughts come to mind when someone purposely tries to hurt me. I’ll try and make this short since through my like I have witnessed negative things happen to these people when I’m in pain because of their wrong doing? This of course make me feel like a bad person and I dislike that feeling very much it makes me uneasy hating the action or wrong doing even more. I lose sleep and see events or repeating numbers right before I get the news something went wrong with them.

What I’m not sure about is if I’m having visions, the guy feelings, premonitions or the cause and effect of their actions. Or in my pain and anger my negative energy is causing this to influence what happens to them. Like I mentioned before this is a touchy feeling for me and it took a lot of guts to finally share since I’m not sure if it’s me or their karma?

Lastly I’m starting to seek forgiveness to myself and that has Helped me stay focused on the positive. I got to say that for someone to make me feel that way it does take persistence on the other end and it must be something really hurtful to take me there. I have learned to let most things go but sometimes a few have got the best of me. I’m sorry for that but not everything can be dismissed that easily that reminds me that I must work harder to just let thing go and let it pass like I usually do.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:49 PM
Master

If I understand you correctly, someone does something which hurts you, you dwell on what this person has done, something bad then happens for that person, and you wonder if you are somehow responsible.

The simple answer is I don't know. As you say, perhaps you did influence events through sending negative energy to that person. Or perhaps they were just reaping their own karma. Or perhaps you just had a premonition that they would end up suffering.

Whatever other people do and whatever happens to other people is largely out of our control. As Byron Katie would say, it is not our business. Our business only concerns ourselves and how we respond. If someone does something which causes us pain, we usually react with the thought that they should not have done that. This is the story we tell ourselves, and we believe this story. In other words, our story of how things should be contradicts the reality of how things are. So we suffer.

So a couple of suggestions.

Firstly, accept that people do what they do, and they keep on doing it until they do something different. That is out of our control. All we can do is allow them to be what they are, knowing that whatever they do cannot touch us.

Secondly, try using Ho'oponopono, or the practice of forgiveness of ourselves and others, which you say that you are now doing. The idea is that with true forgiveness then these people who cause you pain will disappear from your life.

Some might say that the above two suggestions are contradictory. The Byron Katie approach says that we have no control over what other people do, while Ho'oponopono says that we are responsible for all that manifests in our lives. I think that there is no contradiction - we do not try to change other people, we simply try to change ourselves. When we change, our life experiences change.

Peace.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Angel1

Ha, so you are another soul working towards perfection.
:)
Join the club... of us along the same Path.
Don't get so down on yourself or others...we are actors on the stage...seems you are moving
right along in the same soup...headed towards the light.
You are way ahead of many, my sister...
so next up?
You can help someone in the same pickle with encouragement and hope someday.

iamthat...we were writing at the same time....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
If I understand you correctly, someone does something which hurts you, you dwell on what this person has done, something bad then happens for that person, and you wonder if you are somehow responsible.

The simple answer is I don't know. As you say, perhaps you did influence events through sending negative energy to that person. Or perhaps they were just reaping their own karma. Or perhaps you just had a premonition that they would end up suffering.

Whatever other people do and whatever happens to other people is largely out of our control. As Byron Katie would say, it is not our business. Our business only concerns ourselves and how we respond. If someone does something which causes us pain, we usually react with the thought that they should not have done that. This is the story we tell ourselves, and we believe this story. In other words, our story of how things should be contradicts the reality of how things are. So we suffer.

So a couple of suggestions.

Firstly, accept that people do what they do, and they keep on doing it until they do something different. That is out of our control. All we can do is allow them to be what they are, knowing that whatever they do cannot touch us.

Secondly, try using Ho'oponopono, or the practice of forgiveness of ourselves and others, which you say that you are now doing. The idea is that with true forgiveness then these people who cause you pain will disappear from your life.

Some might say that the above two suggestions are contradictory. The Byron Katie approach says that we have no control over what other people do, while Ho'oponopono says that we are responsible for all that manifests in our lives. I think that there is no contradiction - we do not try to change other people, we simply try to change ourselves. When we change, our life experiences change.

Peace.

Thank you Aimthat,

I understand clearly that people do what they do and we can’t help it, and yes when I know I did no wrong it devastates me. I guess I must work hard to let go even when I clearly see their unfortunate reality come to fruition and I was their motive for what ever season they think they had? I feel bad for allowing my anger wish them a well learn lesson. I can’t help to think I cooperated and that’s what makes me fell awful. Thank you for your words they do make me feel I’m not that bad and many thanks for that.

Last edited by Energy22 : 10-06-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy22
Hello friends,

I’m a little troubled or concerned about some events that happen to me with full intention but that I refuse to admit since I’m not truly sure about it? I’m mainly a positive person and the majority of time I see the positive in manly everything. On rare occasions I must admit that negative thoughts come to mind when someone purposely tries to hurt me. I’ll try and make this short since through my like I have witnessed negative things happen to these people when I’m in pain because of their wrong doing? This of course make me feel like a bad person and I dislike that feeling very much it makes me uneasy hating the action or wrong doing even more. I lose sleep and see events or repeating numbers right before I get the news something went wrong with them.

What I’m not sure about is if I’m having visions, the guy feelings, premonitions or the cause and effect of their actions. Or in my pain and anger my negative energy is causing this to influence what happens to them. Like I mentioned before this is a touchy feeling for me and it took a lot of guts to finally share since I’m not sure if it’s me or their karma?

Lastly I’m starting to seek forgiveness to myself and that has Helped me stay focused on the positive. I got to say that for someone to make me feel that way it does take persistence on the other end and it must be something really hurtful to take me there. I have learned to let most things go but sometimes a few have got the best of me. I’m sorry for that but not everything can be dismissed that easily that reminds me that I must work harder to just let thing go and let it pass like I usually do.

Our thoughts generate thought-forms that remain attached to us until they're balanced, during our current or subsequent lives. Those thought-forms materialize into situations in our lives. They don't affect others' lives, and others' though-forms don't affect us. That is what is called karma.

So, don't worry about inducing pain onto others with your thoughts. You don't. They'll get whatever they deserve, good and bad, as result of their own thoughts.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:49 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ha, so you are another soul working towards perfection.
:)
Join the club... of us along the same Path.
Don't get so down on yourself or others...we are actors on the stage...seems you are moving
right along in the same soup...headed towards the light.
You are way ahead of many, my sister...
so next up?
You can help someone in the same pickle with encouragement and hope someday.

iamthat...we were writing at the same time....

Hello Miss Hepburn,

Thank you for your kind words, it’s been a long journey with no one around to talk about these things. Most don’t understand. In my journey of finding my inner Beaty challenging things happen that only remind me never to stop trying and mostly to understand that some may be blind. It feels good to know some may see my challenges and still say a kind words, I thank you for that that speaks highly of your own growth. Once again thank you!
Old 10-06-2019, 10:12 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Our thoughts generate thought-forms that remain attached to us until they're balanced, during our current or subsequent lives. Those thought-forms materialize into situations in our lives. They don't affect others' lives, and others' though-forms don't affect us. That is what is called karma.

So, don't worry about inducing pain onto others with your thoughts. You don't. They'll get whatever they deserve, good and bad, as result of their own thoughts.

I guess I must work hard and learn again and again that I am my own reality as well as others will be responsible for their actions. I was blinded with guilt since I could clearly see what’s coming and I have been stuck on knowing what’s coming and thinking I originally wished them to learn from their choices. I could say that’s what got me the most. Why couldn’t I just let it go and why was my feeling hurt more powerful than reason. I guess these few times have me looking for a way to work on finding a way to master my emotions and not let them get the best of me if that’s even posible to overcome? I’ll try my best. Once again thank you for your reply!
Old 19-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Seeker

hello! you are on the right track when you said that are your negative thoughts creating a holding pattern for these physical manifestations to continue happening - i.e. feeling bad about people mistreating you will continue to attract more people or the same people to mistreat you.

this will not be an easy or fast thing to fix necessarily BUT it IS fixable! work on detaching yourself from feeling bad or negative emotion when someone treats you the way you don't like. instead, make all the INNER effort to focus and meditate on moments when people DO treat you nice and are respectful. by doing this, you will change your point of attraction and begin to, over time, attract yourself into situations and relationships/friendships with people who DO see your value and appreciate you. once you take control of your inner state, you become empowered - if you don't, then you will stay in victim mentality and will continue being a victim to the world. meditation is key in transforming your outer world because through meditation, you can CHOOSE what you want to focus on rather than have your focus be random and at the will of your subconscious programming. cheers, love and light

jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy22
Hello friends,