Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 PM
mava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel
Thanks so much for this thread....I always used to struggle with sticking up for myself within friendships and, even if there was unwanted energies surrounding it I would never speak up and just go along with what everyone else wanted. It got to the point where I was running round texting people and trying to organise get togethers in order to 'not feel lonely' but, one day, I suddenly decided to stop - if people are really my friends and want to see me, they will text me. I can count on less than the fingers of one hand how many made the effort...some attempted to make me feel guilty for not being in touch when they never were in the first place.

I now speak up for myself (be honest and fear not that's what I say) and feel much more balanced, calm and peaceful....I actually have time to spend on both myself and those closest to me without wasting energies on anything unecessary in my life.

Mava the bet advice I can give is go with what feels right and trust that this is for your highest good. Your posts are obviously evident that you are not doing anything malicious and are struggling with this...try to release any guilt and, if any of your friendships are meant to continue, they will. Take it easy and keep us posted on how you get on. xxx

Thank you so much. It's so good knowing other people have dealt with this too and have felt better in the end.

"I actually have time to spend on both myself and those closest to me without wasting energies on anything unecessary in my life." This resonates with me, and I'll keep this in mind because it IS important for me to focus on my close relationships right now.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM
mava

Well, one of my friends finally got the hint that I was avoiding him. I know this sounds very immature.. but I just didn't see any other way. I've talked to them in the past about how I just felt our friendship wasn't progressing, but they didn't really do anything to change it.

So I explained to him what I'd been thinking and he basically just said "if that's what you want, you got it." I don't know...I'm kind of upset by this honestly, at how fast he'd just let me go. Just goes to show how much they care.

I still feel very strong about my decision. I'm ready for change and positivity. I can feel myself shifting like crazy, like I'm releasing blocks and expanding my awareness.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Jules

Hi Mava,
Well done you first of all for having the courage to say it to him .. so take a step back and look at his reply ... It show's your instincts were right along, and he's not the friend you once thought :)

Namaste
Jue x
Old 10-03-2011, 01:48 PM
mava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Hi Mava,
Well done you first of all for having the courage to say it to him .. so take a step back and look at his reply ... It show's your instincts were right along, and he's not the friend you once thought :)

Namaste
Jue x

Thank you so much!