Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-01-2023, 06:40 PM
Knower
Did God make Mankind Androgynous??

Gen. 1-27
God created he him; male and female created he them.

Quote:
Berei**** Rabbah 8

1) ... Said R’ Yirmiyah ben Elazar: In the hour when the Holy One created the first human,
He created him [as] an androgyne/androginos, as it is said, “male and female He created them”.

I was watching a show on the various ancient stone carvings of both male and female features
(Androgynous) which were related to Creation stories from around the world and then "male and female" of Gen. 1-27 popped in my mind.

R’ Yirmiyah ben Elazar seems to believe that Gen. 1-27 should read as Androgynous beings were Created.
HUH!!
Which does make sense since God took Eve out of Adam later in Genesis.
Old 31-01-2023, 07:35 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezi-ulgen
Gen. 1-27
God created he him; male and female created he them.

eezi,

Yes to answer your question IMO. That was the original creation. I regard thoughts that another writer gave the second creation story as silly. What is presented are 2 creation stories by the same God…..the initial spiritual mankind and the subsequent mortal man with the separate distinctions as male and female.
Old 01-02-2023, 10:21 AM
Master
Was Adam Androgynous ? I personally believe so.... His 'Female Essence' created Eve..
Old 01-02-2023, 01:47 PM
Knower
Molearner & sky
Thanks for taking the time to share.

Other sources
Quote:
To this end, a number of rabbinic passages preserve what may have been a popular interpretation of this passage, which indicates that the first human actually comprised of both genders.
Above quote taken from the below source.
https://www.thetorah.com/article/the-making-of-adam

I will just have to put this topic on the shelf of my mind for awhile, since it may just become a rabbit hole for me.
Old 01-02-2023, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:

I will just have to put this topic on the shelf of my mind for awhile, since it may just become a rabbit hole for me.

Shelves are useful but they can be dust collectors
Old 01-02-2023, 04:12 PM
Master

All life forms on earth have a shelf life, that is, they eventually die, decompose, and turn into soil. I'm not talking about the soul or consciousness, which I believe is just in a physical form here on earth that leaves when the physical form dies, but no matter what the living life form is, plant, insect, animal, it has a short living existence relative to the age of the earth.

All physical life forms have to reproduce or duplicate themselves in a way before they die or the life form would cease to exist on earth. Human's reproduce in pairs. One form of human carries eggs (Eve - Female) and one form carries they only way to fertilizes them. (Adam - Male)

According to the bible, God did not make two Adam's. One that carried both egg and fertilizer and one that did not. I would assume God did not make human kind androgynous. Singular self reproducing's human beings did not exist ever, now or then. The design of a pair of life forms, type A and B, each having one piece of the two needed to reproduce I think was already in God's mind when God created human kind.

This bible passage says God made the male and female at the same time.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make (human kind) in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 7 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

While the human life form is not androgynous in my view, the soul or consciousness and God are. So while the body is male or female, carrying eggs or the means to fertilize the eggs, the soul or consciousness within has no sex.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy

While the human life form is not androgynous in my view, the soul or consciousness and God are. So while the body is male or female, carrying eggs or the means to fertilize the eggs, the soul or consciousness within has no sex.

Genesis 1 ... Spirit.
Genesis 2 ... Human - Male/Female.
Imo only.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:48 PM
Knower
Maisy and sky

Yes, that has always been my take on the Biblical Creation stories.
I think the internet allows a person to find all sorts of perspectives which
makes me shake my head.
Which does stir up the dust sky.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Which does stir up the dust sky.

Oh dear, but I did warn you about dusty shelves . I hope you don't suffer from constant sneezing, not nice.....
Old 01-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Master

Also maybe worth mentioning is no human was present at the time life first appeared on this planet earth 3.7 billion years ago and modern human science says human beings evolved from apes. That's what all the fossils show. Humans diverged from apes (chimpanzees, specifically) 9.3 million to 6.5 million years ago. Life was here and evolving billions of years before the human creature emerged.

I believe all complex "machines," the human body included, were designed by intelligent beings or a "God." So my thought is if God designed the human, it was built into ape DNA to emerge that way when God wanted it to. I think "God" or whatever vastly intelligent and advanced beings created and designed the life and ecosystem of this planet, (since they are all dependent on each other, after all, without plants making oxygen human life would not be possible) No life is possible without the sun either! So it all had to be created and designed together.

I think God made millions of life forms so that consciousness or spirit could have vast opportunities for experience. The human life form is pretty much top dog on this planet and has pretty much dominated and took over the planet from the other life forms. We cut down and kill plants and trees whenever we want, have made millions of animals extinct, and take over all the land delegating the animals that are left to zoos.

I think a "God" would be mad one of his creations wipes out others unless this is all a test of some kind, to create a planet and life on it and set them free to do what they want. It's like a sandbox and a creator puts items or life or things in the sandbox and sets them free to create. Humans, while the most intelligent life form are also doing the most damage to each other, other life forms, and the planet.

If God exists, I wonder what God would think of his creation in it's current state.