Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 27-04-2015, 12:34 AM
Guide

Warm water with honey and lemon

I've heard that having a cup of warm water with a teaspoon of raw honey and half a lemon slice has incredible health potential.

Does anyone have experience with this?
And if yes, what are proper preparation methods?

Thanks! Paul
Old 27-04-2015, 12:57 AM
Deactivated Account

I have heard about starting the day with a cup of warm water and lemon juice being healthy, not sure exactly what it does .....

~ heat your cup of water, then add the lemon juice and honey, if you like both

It is like making hot tea with honey and lemon juice to soothe a sore throat, except without the tea

Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 27-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Experiencer

yes

Yes, together they may ease a sore throat.

Lemon is healthy as it is a citrus fruit. Honey is a better option than table sugar to eat. It also has natural healing properties so put a little on a cut or bruise. They used such things before all the antibiotics were available.
Old 27-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
It is like making hot tea with honey and lemon juice to soothe a sore throat, except without the tea

I've been hearing lots about this lately too, and I just keep wondering... is there some substantial benefit to making it without the tea? I'm a tea person and I really struggle to get through the day without the morning caffiene. does including some plain old black tea in this really make it less good for you?

would love to hear from anyone who can provide some knowledge around this.
Old 30-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Deactivated Account

It is good for the digestive system, immune system, a natural mood enhancer - calming effect and helps flush out toxins from the body naturally and gently

Lemon can have powerful effects so start off lightly - don't overdo it. It's best when you wake up on an empty stomach. Start with just one cup a day. Make sure the water isn't too warm

Honey is anti-bacterial and lemon is alkaline to the body
Old 30-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
I've been hearing lots about this lately too, and I just keep wondering... is there some substantial benefit to making it without the tea? I'm a tea person and I really struggle to get through the day without the morning caffiene. does including some plain old black tea in this really make it less good for you?

would love to hear from anyone who can provide some knowledge around this.

Rainbow sprinkles - have you ever had roasted chicory root? it can be a natural alternative to coffee without the caffeine and is good for the digestive system and liver - they sell it in most health food shops
Old 30-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaromelting
Rainbow sprinkles - have you ever had roasted chicory root? it can be a natural alternative to coffee without the caffeine and is good for the digestive system and liver - they sell it in most health food shops

I don't drink coffee, just tea.
Old 26-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Yes its very helpful in maintaining your health if taken early morning.
Old 23-06-2015, 06:38 AM
Romeo

Yup it's really good for you, local honey with fresh squeezed whole lemon or lime with warm water will boost your immune system as well.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Deactivated Account

If you wake up with the feeling of a sore throat starting, mix 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 Tablespoons of honey and a dash of cinnamon with 1 cup boiling water and drink it. I do believe it helps soothe the throat !