Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 12-08-2023, 10:23 PM
Newbie ;)

How to start with EVP sessions?

Hi everyone,

I hope that all is well. We lost my stepdad in early July quickly to a ruptured aneurysm. It has been an awful experience to simply recover from. Since then, however, we have experienced a lot of unexplained phenomena - various synchronicities that seem to result in communication from him.

The most egregious so far has been habitual moving of a "heart" object arrangement. The plastic heart (the bottom point) is pointed to an "M" on a piece of paper - the business card of the cremation place where he was cremated. At 3:00 am in the morning, assuming that he has been here, his spirit (we assume) moves it to the other point of the M. Then, at some point later in the day, it will move back. We have encountered unexplained phenomena before so we are well versed in asking ourselves the relevant questions to make sure we're not "imagining things" or otherwise thinking something is happening when it's not.

Also, keep in mind that this is a room that has absolutely zero physical disturbance. No drafts. No wind. Nothing strong enough that would move this plastic heart. And it moves intelligently.

Anyway, needless to say, we want to try and make contact with my stepdad through EVP.

Another synchronicity: my mom said she wished (whispered) upstairs while I was downstairs that she could talk to my step dad.

Almost immediately after, I had proposed us getting a sensitive microphone for this purpose (we have done this kind of stuff in the past but that was 20 years ago).

It magically popped into my head last night likely after she whispered it. I hadn't thought about this in 20 years (ever). Obviously, the technology has changed a lot from the old tape recorders from back then, requiring some research. Anyway, Mom has successfully obtained information from spirits in the past (such as a birthdate from her nana) which was always missing and we never were able to confirm it past 1898, which is when most everyone believed nana was born. It turned out that her nana was actually born in 1897, according to her spirit. It ended up coming out through the physical world eventually, but the spirit informed us of this correctly beforehand.

So I guess my question is: how do we start with EVP sessions? What are the basics nowadays?
Old 13-08-2023, 01:15 AM
Newbie ;)

I guess this one's as good as any....

Picked up a Zoom H4N Pro recorder for EVPs.

Looking forward to this.
Old 14-08-2023, 10:35 PM
Newbie ;)

I don't understand it

I don't understand it. I ordered my first Zoom H4N Pro from Amazon from (supposedly) The Zoom Store on Sunday. It arrived yesterday. But, it was clearly a used unit and full of spots. There was no plastic or sealed packing on it. And it was clearly used and had spots all over it. I did NOT spend $199 for a used unit. I expect brand new, with packing, with plastic over the unit, the whole nine yards. Instead, I got this junk.

I complained and got a brand-new one (well, it was supposed to be a brand-new one).

The "new" one that arrived today is clearly used as well, with spots on it (although it is much better than the other one). It's still dirty with spots on it. And no plastic or sealed packing.

Both of them did not come with AA batteries, despite the fact that the page says that it comes with AA batteries.

I've never had such a problem with deliveries from Amazon before.

What gives?
Old 17-08-2023, 09:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Gonna finally setup my recorder this weekend. Does anyone have any tips for EVP sessions?
Old 07-09-2023, 06:32 PM
Administrator
Hello

With EVP do not force the contacts just let things flow. Remember also that when you hear something in contact that the brain will want to fill in the blanks to what you are hearing.

As a Medium I do not need the device but I work with a lot of teams that use tech to get proof. Trust in yourself and your own power and intuition as well. We can all hear and make contacts.

Never provoke ! Never force contact ! Ground and protect. Sage is a good idea.

Lynn