Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Master
Righteousness

I know this to be true, a persons true character is evident in their actions.

I would sooner follow the path of an honorable atheist than a corrupt Christian. Because at the end of the day I don't care what building you worship in, what books you worship out of or what Religious label you associate yourself with.

What truly matters to me is the quality of your character, the virtue of your heart and the values you brings into this world exhibited through your behavior. Claiming the "title" of Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist, Sikh, Atheist,... doesn't insure your righteousness.

This is why I say time and time again, 'Showing love and respect for all God's creations is the only true way to show our love and devotion to the Lord.'

Religion should not be used as a way to reinforce ones sense of self importance. When it is used this way, the true message is lost.

And that message, I have found, in most religions, is to embrace ideals of brotherhood, equality, goodness, compassion and love.
Old 17-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents

I would sooner follow the path of an honorable atheist than a corrupt Christian. Because at the end of the day I don't care what building you worship in, what books you worship out of or what Religious label you associate yourself with.

What truly matters to me is the quality of your character, the virtue of your heart and the values you brings into this world exhibited through your behavior. Claiming the "title" of Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist, Sikh, Atheist,... doesn't insure your righteousness.

This is why I say time and time again, 'Showing love and respect for all God's creations is the only true way to show our love and devotion to the Lord.'

Religion should not be used as a way to reinforce ones sense of self importance. When it is used this way, the true message is lost.

And that message, I have found, in most religions, is to embrace ideals of brotherhood, equality, goodness, compassion and love.

Hi 2cents,
I'm trying read into what you are saying here but I get stuck on the remark that
".................doesn't ensure your righteousness".
What do you mean by that?
James
Old 17-11-2010, 05:16 PM
debbie.b

Quote:

that is what i like to read!!!!! love to you
Old 17-11-2010, 05:31 PM
happyfool

Smile

Quote:

VERY TRUE...
Old 17-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Master
Thanks for the feedback guys. Blessings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Hi 2cents,
I'm trying read into what you are saying here but I get stuck on the remark that
".................doesn't ensure your righteousness".
What do you mean by that?
James

Definition Courtesy of http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/righteousness

Quote:
Definition of RIGHTEOUS
1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin

2 a : morally right or justifiable <a righteous decision>
b : arising from an outraged sense of justice or morality <righteous indignation>

3 slang : genuine, excellent

Old 21-11-2010, 12:40 AM
sprinter

How do you define an "honorable Atheist" if you honestly don't care what building, books, or label people are practising?

And again, if as you say you really don't care what people are practising, why do you single out Christians who are practising their beliefs corruptly,, are they not Gods creations too, and worthy of love and respect?
Old 21-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Master
Hi 002 Cents, if there was such thing as a good religion, I would want to be in yours, well said.
Old 21-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Master
Quote:
I know this to be true,

That is a great example of righteousness.

Quote:

Yeah, titles are just for entitlements.

Quote:

I don't know what 'the Lord' is, but hear hear.

Quote:

It's actually the 'true message' which is righteous.

Quote:

Well said. Good post. Thanks.
Old 21-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Master
Thanks Psychoslice and Gem.

Sprinter- This was not written to Single out Christianity. It was highlighted in the introduction but went on to elaborate,

Quote:
... Claiming the "title" of Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist, Sikh, Atheist,... doesn't insure your righteousness...

You can insert any religion, political party, skin color, sexual preference or ethnicity you like there. None, will yield a population that is entirely without corruption.

Love, respect and the ability to differentiate between behaviors worth of imitation vs those that warrant criticism/intervention, are not mutually exclusive.

Were your a passenger in the car your best friend was driving, and they suddenly thought it would be fun to play chicken with the semi in the other lane, would showing your love and respect for them be by way of enabling, doing nothing or intervening?

Were your best friend to betray your trust by stealing money from you, would your love and respect for them be by way of: imitation, offering it to them next time, acting as though it didn't happen or ensuring the opportunity were never to present itself again?

Same scenario now with having bedded your mate...

Same scenario now with having harmed your child...

Last edited by 002 Cents : 21-11-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 21-11-2010, 10:22 AM
sprinter

Quote:
Thanks Psychoslice and Gem.

Sprinter- This was not written to Single out Christianity. It was highlighted in the introduction but went on to elaborate,

You can insert any religion, political party, skin color, sexual preference or ethnicity you like there. None, will yield a population that is entirely without corruption.

Love, respect and the ability to differentiate between behaviors worth of imitation vs those that warrant criticism/intervention, are not mutually exclusive.

Were your a passenger in the car your best friend was driving, and they suddenly thought it would be fun to play chicken with the semi in the other lane, would showing your love and respect for them be by way of enabling, doing nothing or intervening?

Were your best friend to betray your trust by stealing money from you, would your love and respect for them be by way of: imitation, offering it to them next time, acting as though it didn't happen or ensuring the opportunity were never to present itself again?

Same scenario now with having bedded your mate...

Same scenario now with having harmed your child...

Alright starting with your " I know this to be true, a persons true character is evident in their actions" as a guide lets look at this.

Others respond, in agreement with your views,, you respond with blessings
I enter the discussion with questions about your view
You respond by not bothering to answer my questions, just answers to statements that I haven't made and then you obsfucate stage left to some supposedly difficult ethical brain teasers. And, I might add, without so much as a blessing lol.
See the difference in actions there? Is that behavioural evidence of a little too much pride in the character maybe?