Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2021, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspark
Animist a polite way of saying pagan/wiccan?
Animism is something we don't talk about much. Of the terms we use, I would not say Animist are Atheist but are Agnostics.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-01-2021, 09:31 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
That first part sounds complicated. I don't suppose there is a manual or rule book somewhere.

It's interesting how these videos keep popping up in my recommended feed at just the right time! It's about a dozen minute watch.

48:40​ -- Tell us more about death and destruction of universe. https://youtu.be/l_vmlYMfsdQ?t=2915
Old 21-01-2021, 10:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Not exactly. Here's my understanding of the Advaita perspective.

If one is particularly virtuous however not yet Enlightened when the body dies one will potentially go to a Heaven. It's not escaping rebirth, just postponing it for uncounted millennia until that appearance too is dissolved in a kind of Great Recycling where all apparent manifestations dissolve leaving only the Unmanifest, the Absolute. The cycle then repeats as it always has because it's infinite and without beginning or end.

To be honest who knows for sure? After all It is Ineffable, but if one does subscribe to non-dualism it's One without a second and that includes Gods. That being said if the Ineffable can appear as people and planets and galaxies and universes it can surely appear as Gods in Heavens too.

gods are people too, only in the future. You may be a mortal now, but you could be a god in the future or might have been one in the past. It is only due to the limitation of the fourth dimension, time, in which we are trapped, that we see a distinction between our past, present and future self. To a god all of them are present simultaneously, due to their higher dimensional nature. It is the higher Self that strings all of these incarnations together and passes on information as needed.
Old 21-01-2021, 11:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspark
Animist a polite way of saying pagan/wiccan?

Animism is usually defined as worship of nature spirits or perhaps ancestral spirits. Most tribal people are animists.
Old 22-01-2021, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Animism is usually defined as worship of nature spirits or perhaps ancestral spirits. Most tribal people are animists.

I like saying "Spirit is in everything"........

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-01-2021, 01:40 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's interesting how these videos keep popping up in my recommended feed at just the right time! It's about a dozen minute watch.

48:40​ -- Tell us more about death and destruction of universe. https://youtu.be/l_vmlYMfsdQ?t=2915

Yes, I have found something similar to those coincidences happens to me. Perhaps it's just the algorithm of the cosmos, perhaps the algorithm of google. Perhaps it is teachers popping up since the student is ready... who knows. The death and destruction part was interesting. I have heard bits and pieces of Hindu thought on this before and was impressed how it fit in well with modern cosmological theories. Although, there is some question in my mind whether the train out the window is the one moving, or whether its the train I am on. Anyway, like he says in the next part, it doesn't really matter. We don't need to know how the engine works to use the car to get to where we are going. Of course if one is a motorhead, then they may be driven to pop the hood anyway.
Old 22-01-2021, 02:35 AM
Master
Quote:
They may indeed have some wisdom.
"Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else." Hermann Hesse - Siddhartha
And the Sufis talk about the wisdom of the idiots. Which always makes me blush a bit, whether I have the right to or not.

To be honest, looking at my track record, I am not the best at discerning between the wisdom of fools and the plain old foolishness of fools. Both have an appeal, and I seem to enjoy both. Even if it is just a crazy old ship of foolish fools, I expect the thing to do is to climb onboard for a time and try to have a foolhardy time sailing the high seas for a spell. Maybe as a pirate or a polar explorer. Just keep one eye open in case it sinks so you can abandon ship before it and you go under. Then you will just find yourself back in a lifeboat again, where you started.

Perhaps, to reach whatever destination one is seeking, it takes both time alone in a life boat, as well as time aboard a ship or two, whether they be filled with fools, pirates, polar explorers, spice traders, or the royal navy. Let Captain Ron be your skipper, why not!

I would however recommend avoiding the holiday cruise ships, they are floating death traps with overflowing toilets. Shiver me timbers, it is much better to go out by being forced to walk the plank!
hahaha, I was a fool plenty of times, probably will be many more times. But you learn from being a fool. "Hopefully" if not then your just an idiot and that's the life you choose.
This reminds me of a co worker. She works harder getting out of work, going to doctors to get on work restrictions so she doesn't have to do anything. She often cusses out management, it's a miracle she still has a job, she probably wants to get fired to collect unemployment. Then she flips out when she gets disciplined and cries about how hard they are on her. I just want to say well no kidding you moron what do you expect! But that's her life, she must enjoy being miserable. She also has issues with abusive boyfriends. Time and time again. I know it sounds mean but really, she gets something out of living that way. So is it really stupidity or intentional and people get something out of living that way?
You ever see the 90s sitcom Becker? In real life I am John Becker..... Well that kind of personality. https://youtu.be/-syY5pIMu34. Here's a clip
Old 22-01-2021, 02:49 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Yes, I have found something similar to those coincidences happens to me. Perhaps it's just the algorithm of the cosmos, perhaps the algorithm of google. Perhaps it is teachers popping up since the student is ready... who knows. The death and destruction part was interesting. I have heard bits and pieces of Hindu thought on this before and was impressed how it fit in well with modern cosmological theories. Although, there is some question in my mind whether the train out the window is the one moving, or whether its the train I am on. Anyway, like he says in the next part, it doesn't really matter. We don't need to know how the engine works to use the car to get to where we are going. Of course if one is a motorhead, then they may be driven to pop the hood anyway.

I like to compare models and look for patterns, and the models need not be of the same domain. This goes back to another discussion about looking to science for signposts that might be of some value or provide some insight for the spiritual path.

The only thing I'm absolutely certain of is what I really am, and even that is beyond abstraction. Ineffable. Think Descarte except I'd phrase it as I Am therefore I witness (experience). I don't pretend to know how it all works and don't even care because any attempt is a fool's errand. If I, an individuated being, can know the mind of God then He ain't all he's cracked up to be.

How's that for paradox? I'm Atman which is Brahman speaking as an individuated being that's realized my underlying nature yet can't fully explain it in detail. What a way to run a railroad! Next stop - Infinity. https://youtu.be/-b5aW08ivHU LOL!
Old 22-01-2021, 09:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
People use names for non-believers apparently to shore up their own weak beliefs.
If we'd be absolutely objective we'd see that religion is a story. From the story we create symbols, rituals, costumes, and build churches, statues and temples in an attempt to preserve what would otherwise be a passing thought. It is attachment to thought and when we really delve into it, and that makes it personal. 'I' think these things which makes 'me' a Christian (example).

It's not really the belief in such thoughts that make them scorn 'others', it is the identity of 'I am...', 'we are...'. As they group together under a religious identity umbrella, they are not longer just people like everyone else. The people who did not identify like that become the 'others'. People only create 'others' in order to define themselves. The others become 'not who they are'. It's only natural then to imagine 'others' as 'bad' to define themselves as good, so of course they call 'others' less than kind names (which is quite ironic).

They need the 'other' as a contrast so that they can know who they are. That's why they created 'others' to begin with. I didn't ask or give consent to be 'not what they are' and I am not 'the not' that they need me to be. They can call me things and imagine I am that, but it isn't true, so it follows that what they say they are is not true either.
Old 22-01-2021, 09:40 AM
Many posts here are off the topic, ya know?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Closed Thread