Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 20-03-2020, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ok, don't laugh - Who is Laozi?m Lao tzu?
A Satanic Bible?

"Seems like this thread is an exclusive club of esoteric readers, and the heck with anyone else.
I'm sure many have come and just left, also, learning nothing. *scratches head*"

Old 16-02-2021, 08:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
LOKOTA PRAYER
You provided the transliterated version.
The English version of what you provided is:

"My Father, Great Spirit,
Who send'est the wind and the White Snow from the north,
To make thy creation clean and pure,
Father, make me clean and pure within my heart,
That I may be accepted in thy sight and judgement."

The second part, which you did not provide is:

"Father, Great Spirit
To the east from whence cometh the rising of the sun,
and all thy living creation,
Thou hast added another day to my life,
for which I give thee Thanks with all my heart."

Not that it's within topic, but my wife once had a Native American Saint (he was not 'Christian' when he was alive, but somehow got acquainted with Christ after leaving the body) and he would dance, sing and praise God through her. My wife didn't initially know, she thought she was speaking Heavenly tongues, but was actually speaking native American. This guy was so cool, whenever demons come, he'd enter the body, speak native American, dance, pray, praise and then choke the demon!

Jesus says, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Doesn't matter where your from, if your heart is pure, you'll definitely see God.
Old 16-02-2021, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Here’s a funny thing. Laozi is all about the mother, seek the mother, flow with the mother which is the Dao, the mother of all things. Jesus is all about the Father, seek the kingdom of the Father, do the will of the Father, establish the Father’s kingdom here on earth.

The belief that the creative aspect (or even 'creator') is male (and a ''Father''), and will establish a kingdom, is problematic IMO.

Last edited by Altair : 16-02-2021 at 03:03 PM.
Old 26-02-2021, 01:42 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I hope some day we meet up.
Coffee, or whatever is on me.
I would be willing to join with you twos also! After coffee, then breakfast on me!
Old 26-02-2021, 01:50 PM
Knower

Jonesboy
From a Mystical Christianity point of view..

The Father is Emptiness the Tao.

The Father and Jesus being One is a perfect description of Non Duality, of realizing emptiness, of being a Realized Immortal.

Hinduism doesn't have the same concept of emptiness as Taoism or Buddhism or Mystical Christianity. There is Shiva and we are all within Shiva.

ScholarlyTarot
The symbolism and initiations I have encountered with the Tarot (Case, Roberts, Lotterhand, Hulse, Townsend, Wang) intend to show that rather than be in an all encompassing deity, we are that deity, just in its different aspects of being the many. I know, I know, here we go again, the One and the Many, but there really isn't any other out than seeing it as such. It is fascinating to see other systems and views and how they have been dealt with.
Old 28-09-2021, 10:55 PM
Seeker

I prefer Lao Tzu, its been a bit since I read Tao Te Ching but compared to Jesus(I'm still on the Torah) the Dao is more flexible as it is not about submitting to some strict deity but the idea that seeing the world for its flow and successive conclusions of events and then deciding based on that
(Thats what I understood from the Tao Te Ching correct me if I'm wrong) which means I have a lot of choices to interact with the flow of the world(You can see I understand Taoism more metaphorically than literally).

Jesus from what I know said a number of things common across religions like like your neighbor, forgive, give to the poor etc however I have no interest in submitting under Yahweh and his rules.
Yahweh punishes those who deny him cuddles, this is a very dangerous relationship and thus Yahweh to me is a toxic person.
Yahweh's Jesus phase wasn't much of a sacrifice if it was just him all along and could have done anything to change his own situation.
As a metaphor Daoism wins me because you can sail the world in sort of more lax realpolitik way.
(I do not seek to offend any one who worships Yahweh or similar figures please do not perceive this as an attack).