Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-12-2020, 08:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for opening new gates of thought.
I think that all of you aim to be closer to God, even the atheists (as they read stuff on this forum).

I am not sure that all of you read the book... The book says that the idea of awareness of God is much stronger than just believing in God because you KNOW he exists.

The critical points:

1. It is well known that God cannot be defined. If we humans could define God then we limit him with our definition. Even Jesus knew that, and it can also be found in the Bible (see, for instance, Book of Job).

2. Everyone that believes in God (In the Jewdeo-Christian sense) knows that God is everything, even behind this universe. The book calls this "Everything" Nature. So, even the atheists know nature exists, with NO doubt, exists only in the sense that we can measure it or think about its possibilities of existence. If I am not wrong, this is exactly what the book "The Philosophers' sea" talks about. About that, the only difference between atheists and theists is that theists believe that God has consciousness. Otherwise, it would simply be NATURE. However, in the Judeo-Christian sense, God does not have any consciousness as we, humans, know it. He is undefined in our limited minds, of course, we can say he is infinite light etc... But, this is only a specific perspective of the true nature of God, which we HUMANS will NEVER know.

I was left confused...
Old 17-12-2020, 08:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
That's just another perspective. There are zillions of perspectives. That author's perspective seems to be weaker than others' because it seems to be an intellectual exercise.

I believe that both intellectual and emotional perspectives are quite prone to error, and the only perspective available to us, to get the kind of answers that author is looking for, is intuition. Unfortunately most of us can't and don't even try using theirs.

If you're interested in those kind of questions, I suggest you try to tap into your inner source of knowledge and guidance, and consider anybody else's opinions just informative, including those disseminated by gurus and dogmas.

I agree. Especially about the last paragraph.

Each of the 8 billion points of view on this planet is valid and each has its own value. Telling people what 'the truth' is has long been doomed to failure. Groups have been formed over the centuries promoting beliefs of all kinds and these groups have been very concerned with embellishing their beliefs with 'proofs' of all kinds.
Each of us, and of everything else, is window observing the universe as it appears to each of us entities - all of these observations together 'create' the world as we know it.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 17-12-2020, 04:26 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi1
God does not have any consciousness as we, humans, know it.
Creation (God) has no consciousness, yes. That's the human perspective, human understanding, human belief.

Creation IS Consciousness. That's the eternal understanding, it resonates in the human being as soul knowledge and wisdom. It's what the soul knows as Truth.
Old 13-02-2021, 03:25 PM
Seeker
We Worship the Creator over the Creation, in all the means of understanding; The World as we know it in the means of nature was created out of a junk of molten stone; lava; earth. Nature come about through this formation and was mended of it's form; Altho nature has a voice, it has no consciousness seen it is alive but does not speak unless it is visited too. So we know that it has no consciousness but yet a voice; the scene/scenery.

Quote:
As for the intent to make understanding of G-d. He is undefineable yet definable to the human intent wherein in finate we understand the means unless consciousness is open to the means of enlightenment/awakening. This by premise is IN accordance to the measure we measure in by the vice of virtues that is an unspoken consumpt of a meaningless sound that speaks it's volume. Theirfore is it intuation and a silent voice that speaks beauty into (SCENE). G-d in all it's measure is both undefinable but definable theirfore. In all that all, you may attempt; but it requires true AWAKENING in the means of Enlightenment to Find God in it's Form. Because unless you transcend the means of the Hype of the World; alike as Nature Teaches; You will be conformed by the Worlds with it's Buzz and Glamour of Kill. Nothing is as Pure as the High Mountain alone in the Clouds. This is theirfore Enlightenment in the Means of Awakening, Which intents to keep itself Pure unless the Heart is not in it's Riddle. The Sound of the Form Whereby an Intellect Can Phantom God is When he has Reached that Silence. Othersides it is mere Pseudo Phantom and Can not be Truthful to the Consumption of the Definition's to God.
God is Pure, So is nature; That they have in common; The Creation Created by the Creator speaks of his handiwork. Silence is the Sound of the Depth; Listen to the Words. - The Akashian Record's.
Old 14-02-2021, 10:05 AM
Pathfinder

I don't know whether it bridges a gap between atheists and theists, whether that gap even needs a bridge? I always felt like reality is an illusion growing up but even then didn't question god or religion until I underwent a spontaneous spiritual awakening.

My opinion is that nature isn't undefined. Nature is beautiful, nature can be gentle and nurturing and also violent and destructive. Much like humans really, and in fact we are made of natural materials, born out of nature. Everything is connected, we are made of the same star dust, breathe the same air, made of same materials. As to whether nature is conscious, we are conscious, so why wouldn't it be? animals are also conscious and this is evident as they can feel pain, and will display they are in pain if hurt. People have had experiences talking to tree's before, shamans in the amazon do it regularly when they take ayahuasca which opens up their pineal gland/third eye. Heck, I don't usually admit it but I've done it myself just through simple pranayama breathing techniques.

There is obviously a huge difference in the level of consciousness between humans, animals, insects, and plants - my question is whether its a variation in the type of consciousness, or if the consciousness is same but awareness not at a high enough level? Or does it have more to do with spiritual advancement in terms of progression from a single cell right up to the level of godhood?
Old 14-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Master

nature as God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi1
hi,

I have a question about Chap. 13. In this chapter, the author claims that since the creator is undefined (which is established in previous chapters), the question about God's consciousness (as humans experience it) is meaningless. Now, in the book God is assumed to be everything, which we call nature. We all agree that nature exists. So, we left with a debate between atheists and non-atheists about the question of whether nature has consciousness or not. But this is a meaningless question since nature is undefined - I think this is the statement that appeared in the book.

What do you think about this perspective?
Does it open a new bridge between atheism and religions, as two parts of the same misconception about God and spiritual development?

Nature is physical manifestation of God .God may be difficult to be understand but its not impossible to understand . It's all described at length various scriptures . So question of God's consciousness is not meaningless.

Though theists and atheists may not agree in beliefs (ie God exists ) , beliefs is just part of the overall variables. So there may not be inherently opposition / enmity among them . There are more already existing bridges like state law , self discipline , love and respect for others .