Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 12:30 AM
Seeker

I'm gonna go with a kind of long winded and pseudo-scientific answer to this one.

The universe has, as a foundational law, entropy. Entropy basically states that order will eventually decay into disorder. Higher ordered structures will be reduced to lower order structures, complex materials will diffuse into homogeneous ones and, according to natural law, the universe will eventually collapse into itself and go from a highly diverse existence into a single compact structure under the weight of its own gravity no larger than a grain of sand.

Life is the only known force in the universe that works against entropy. Life takes lower order structures and turns them into higher order ones. Takes fundamental elements and transforms them into cells, protein chains, lifeforms. Humanity takes this a step further and turns sand into buildings, rocks into energy, builds cars and computers - with everything we do, reversing the process of entropy and adding order and complexity to the world and thus also the universe.

That, I believe, is the meaning of life - A force that works against entropy.

In our lifetimes, that means contributing to the global community, building an ordered and functional global society, advancing science and exploration, taking to the stars to spread life and order further across the galaxy, contributing to global awareness of key issues, preserving diverse structures and harnessing all the forces of existing to improve humanity's power, order, diversity and complexity.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:36 AM
Master

Let's start smaller ... what is the meaning of dreaming?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:10 AM
Master
From the creators point of view (creative force, the One which we are all part of) it is expansion.

Not in a physical sense, but consciousness.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:00 AM
MAYA EL

To ask that question the question itself implies that contemplation and reason must be used and there is the key to the answer to the question because contemplation and reason are a new thing that we humans do but there was a time before them and a time before that time and so on and so forth.

The real world can't be put into words likewise the beginning of the real world can't be ether so then the answer is you shouldn't ask that question you should go be it
Old 09-03-2020, 07:56 AM
hazada guess

Some good answers everybody.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Some good answers everybody.
Sorry but I just couldn't help myself any longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZLtcTZP2js

"You might as well ask what is six times seven?"
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Old 09-03-2020, 08:27 AM
hazada guess

I asked a friend that question,she turned round and said to me you're born,get married,have kids and die i knew that there was more to it than that.Lol.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:33 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Sorry but I just couldn't help myself any longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZLtcTZP2js

"You might as well ask what is six times seven?"
Zaphod Beeblebrox

A Good video Greenslade.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
A Good video Greenslade.
Thank you.

The moral of the tale there is that you have to ask the right question in the first place, because if you don't understand the question any old answer will do.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
I just thought I'd raise the Question here and study the replies.
whatever you want it to be.