Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 24-09-2011, 12:29 AM
mattie

Soooooo Many More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilucis
...The pictures are beautiful, to me the butterfly one is sort of mesmerising. ...

Many more gorgeous space pics- http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/
Old 24-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Suspended

I`m not impressed with the pictures of outer space seen by the Hubble telescope. I`m rather more impressed what we see inside the human body. Pictures taken from an electron microscope the landscape of a red blood cell, the fertilization of the ovum, a picture of a lung tissue destroyed by cancer, a picture of the brain`s neuronal network, or a photo of the retina of the eye. Why are we so engrossed in looking at the sky at night when what we all see is nothing but, " Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high. Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are."
Old 24-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Guide

Hi Rajakrsna,

There's beauty all around, for sure, you've got a great point - we've got some amazing things within our own body - and actually, in nature as well.

I've noticed how much a tree and it's roots looks like a Neuron (nerve cell) :-)

Avilucis
Old 26-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Many more gorgeous space pics- http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/

Awesome Mattie, thank you so much for the link!
Going to go and stare at it now
Old 26-09-2011, 09:37 PM
SunMist

I love the dolphin love nebula, wow! The dolphin is very clear to me. I've always been fascinated by Orion and knowing that that little smudge you can see with the naked eye is really a galaxy (M42)- this very same one!.
Old 27-09-2011, 03:44 AM
mattie

Leaping Dolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
... The dolphin is very clear to me. I've always been fascinated by Orion and knowing that that little smudge you can see with the naked eye is really a galaxy (M42)- this very same one!.

When I saw it the dophin was practically like it was leaping off the monitor!

Soooooo nice that we're finally getting a better look at the little points of light in the sky!