Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 22-06-2011, 07:50 PM
HungerForKnowledge

Smile Soul Age..

So i've been reading a lot of posts in this section and I see people saying they are old souls but don't really understand what that really means. So being hungry for knowledge as I am, lol, I went on a search to see if i could find something that would define exactly what an old soul is. What I found was a pretty good read on the progression of the soul through "soul ages". Have a read and see where you would place yourselves on the scale of soul ages. They briefly define each age but scroll down to "soul age articles" and read the more detailed descriptions of the ages.

I found myself to be a mature soul. I would say 90% of what I read would describe me and my mentality. How bout yourselves??

much love everyone!
Old 22-06-2011, 07:51 PM
HungerForKnowledge

oops.. maybe not the right section to post this in, but i often see people writing they have old souls here and what not and thought it was most appropriate
Old 22-06-2011, 07:55 PM
HungerForKnowledge

haha.. forgot to post the link..

michaelteachings .com/soul_age_index.html
Old 22-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Dawn

Correction -> http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_age_index.html

And, lol looks like I fall under the category of 'old soul'.
Old 22-06-2011, 08:53 PM
HungerForKnowledge

ya sorry about that, apparently you cant post a link until you've had 15 posts. thanks for the correction. I found the old soul description kinda funny.. kind of like they had a "f*** it" attitude lol.
Old 22-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Dawn

lol Sorta do. For me, mine's a bit more peaceful and less 'bite me. I'm old, I can do whatever I want'.

Kinda funny that, on and off over the past 5 years I've thought about a comment someone had made to me. Why don't you like travelling? Why aren't you like so-and-so? Why don't you like trying new foods?
More than once I said what I felt (thought it, not said it aloud). I've lived long enough to know what I do and don't like. I don't nee to go out experimenting, jumping off cliffs, being all super experimental. I can just look at something and 99% of the time, I can tell whether or not I'll like / enjoy it. I know myself and refuse to let myself be bullied or peer pressured into anything.
lol I already sound like an awnry ol lady... and I'm only physically 29!
Old 23-06-2011, 07:31 PM
LightFilledHeart

Generally speaking, I think souls save the hardest lessons for last, and thus a truly old soul would likely not have a light and easy life from the viewpoint of others looking in. He/she would likely be enormously sensitive, since souls seem to grow in that quality as they progress. They would also likely be extraordinarily humble and not seeking the ego gratification desired by younger souls. The folks who achieve celebrity status and positions of great power (be it entertainers, sports figures, politicos or royalty) are still workin with lessons pertaining to ego gratification, I would think.

There are, of course, some exceptions, namely Gandhi, Mother Theresa and the Dalai Lama, all of whom DID achieve fame, but not by choice, and all of whom are (or were, in the case of Gandhi and Mother Theresa) people of extraordinary humility and compassion whose lives and the examples they set are nothing short of inspiring. Never-the-less, no one could say those lives, while deeply satisfying at the spiritual level, have been "easy". Vacation lives seem to be reserved for young souls
Old 24-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Fenetre

I am a young soul!

Does that mean I have two more to go?!?!
Old 24-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Fenetre

I definitely am looking to be a change maker, or change-agent, as my old teacher would call it. I also have aspirations of being a performer and living quite comfortably. I never saw myself as a materialistic person though, just very goal-oriented. I guess I think that my goals, and reaching my goals, would manifest themselves in how much money I make, which may or may not be true. My life is not centered on what kind of cars I have or where I live, but rather I feel that those things would show how much hard work and passion I've put into things... not sure if I'm making sense! lol

Anyways, great website, thanks! Lots to learn!
Old 24-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Master
Awwww. I thought there was a quiz or test or something. or did I miss it?