Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-07-2011, 12:05 PM
UmbrellaCorp

Question about past lives.

Ever since i was a child.. as long as i can remember, ive wanted to be a police officer. I was told by a spiritual person that its because in my past lives i was a guard or a protector.. knight etc. Does anyone think its likely that in every since life ive lived ive been, or wanted to be, a protector.. to help people.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Medium_Laura

While it's likely, I'm sure you have a few issues with control in this life and maintaining control. I also wanted to be a police officer and at that time in my life I was a huge control freak. All the men/women I knew who were going through the course were as well. They couldn't wait to arrest people and punish them. It's a great profession and does help the world, but just take a look at "why" you may want to be one. I'm sure it's more than a past life.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Experiencer

Hi UmbrellaCorp,

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbrellaCorp
Ever since i was a child.. as long as i can remember, ive wanted to be a police officer. I was told by a spiritual person that its because in my past lives i was a guard or a protector.. knight etc. Does anyone think its likely that in every since life ive lived ive been, or wanted to be, a protector.. to help people.
First off, not everyone who wants to be a police officer just wants to arrest and punish people. There are those who indeed pursue law enforcement positions for noble reasons. I remember attending a security officer training course many years ago. The lawyer who taught it pointed out that rookie cops are more idealistic than the older ones. But that doesn't detract from the fact that not everyone who goes into law enforcement is simply out to "control others."

Secondly, the phrase "as long as I can remember" is a key to unlocking this puzzle. It signifies that you likely planned on becoming a police officer before you came into your current body. That it was a life goal of yours.

Third, you most likely did have one or more lifetimes as a guardian of some kind. Deep-seated interests as well as talent and genius, all stem from prior experience in the flesh and also in-between physical embodiment when we are in the Spirit.

Cheers!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:38 PM
UmbrellaCorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
While it's likely, I'm sure you have a few issues with control in this life and maintaining control. I also wanted to be a police officer and at that time in my life I was a huge control freak. All the men/women I knew who were going through the course were as well. They couldn't wait to arrest people and punish them. It's a great profession and does help the world, but just take a look at "why" you may want to be one. I'm sure it's more than a past life.

thats a very good point. I am a very caring person and like to give to people in need and help them. i do understand your point about the control issue, though i never thought of it that way. both of my parents were police officers at one point.. thats actually where they met, eventually my mother changed careers and went to work for the state. She is apparantly too nice of a person to be able to fulfil the requirements of that position. She always felt bad for people and didnt want to take them to jail etc. My father on the other hand is a total control freak, and was in law enforcement his entire life until he retired. So i think i have a little of both of them in me. I believe that i would have been a great police officer and treated people fairly. I worked at a state prison for a good while, but the stress eventually got to me and i couldnt take it anymore. Thank you for the reply.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbrellaCorp

It's certainly possible. I would say most likely your spirit chose to address that subject and perfect that quality, and that would of necessity extend to several incarnations. Some work on one issue lifetime after lifetime until they master it before going on to another... others switch back and forth from one to another. It's all individual choice, and if you've chosen to learn and embody the quality of protector and focus single-mindedly on that, then you would enter into that role over a course of many, many lifetimes.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:32 AM
CJ82Sky

you got some great advice in here - it sounds like there are a combination of things going on which is usually the case. there could be both ties to past lives as well as childhood stuff, coupled with any carry over from past lives. there certainly seems to feel like there is a lesson here and you are on your way to figuring it out.

as for your goals - figure out perhaps why you want to protect and care for others, and see if there is any reflection within yourself that carries over there. also figure out what role is ideal - without worrying first about job description. try writing down what you like to do, and all the tasks and what not that you enjoy and then see what career it matches. then think through the negatives and bring it all together. if you include some meditation time in there i feel that you will have a good change to bring to light past (life and other) issues and learn how you can best move forward on your spiritual path while also figuring out your ideal career.

best of luck to you!
Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Rivendoah

May I ask why you chose your Avatar name?
Old 05-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Coming2

From what I have read and experienced we all come into our new lives with "life themes" and certain roles we must try to adhere to. It is possible that when you were planning this incarnation you felt you were best fit in a "protector" role. Perhaps your life theme is justice. Just a thought!!