Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 11-06-2020, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator
My dog wasn't narcissistic at all, but she had a definite sense of self, personality and at times added a touch of humour to it. Then there were times of mild rebellion which must have been for a purpose.

The "night-time pee" was a routine. And an obvious necessity before 10 hours of sleep. Not only that, but she got a tasty morsel of a treat after doing said pee.
So....should have been a happy thing for any doggy to do.
But just sometimes a devilment got into her and she would pretend to pee then look at me with a look which spoke volumes (impossible to describe.)
Dry "lady bits" told a different story however and often resulted in our having to extend the quick trip to the Oak trees into a 30 minute walk in the orchard.

She definitely was aware that what she was doing was not cricket. Yet hung on to her intention as long as her bladder and sheer tiredness would allow;
I wanted to laugh, and darent, for fear of encouraging her.

I loved her display of stubborn rebelliousness, but for health and comfort's sake, had to make sure she peed. (She drank plenty of water in the evening.)

She was just saying (perhaps): "Hey, this is me, and I decide what to do and when, and I will do what I like."

(I will add here that when she did that she didn't have a physical problem and was fit and well, so this was purely ego.)

On the subject of snappy little ankle biters....I know one well; a neighbour's doggy. Smaller than the average cat, this Portuguese Podengo ....little rat.....has an ambition to kill me and eat me for dinner.

I wrote her a rap:

I know a Podengo
Her name is Vanilla
And she's got a reputation
For being a killer.

She's digging a hole to get under the fence
You all better run now if you've got any sense.

When she shows her teeth you dudes are so frightened
Well you better watch out 'cause she got her teeth whitened!
Old 11-06-2020, 02:17 AM
Master
We need to remember many pets are very close to crossing over into a 3D reality and they learn from humans what it is like to be in a 3D reality.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:47 AM
Master

Some people wonder if pets were happier in the wild, where their own kind live, and did whatever those do.

It seems that those who incarnate as pets don't have the same objectives here as those who incarnate as their wild counterparts. They're part of the inner schemes played at the subconscious level together with their human companions.

Egos have various level of development. I read somewhere an interesting comparison: ego is for its inner-self, like the bark is for the tree .
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-07-2020, 02:39 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Fortunately, both the ego and the intellect can be valuable tools if not allowed to run things

Ego is an abstract ergo Metaphsyical-1, mind/intellect/conceptual associated phenomena resultant of complex biologicals that have a nervous system.

Woman being the most complex with man a close 2nd.

As for other less complex animals, they all have a complex consciousness, that, with mammals do have some varying degrees of access to abstract Metaphyiscal-1, mind/intellect/conceputal behaviours, that, may include and ego. I dunno.

Cetacean perhaps having the most access to this abstract abilities are most likely case for access to some degree of abstract ego. I saw a program some years back, about man who was using microphones to listen to dolphins or or porposies, where he believe he heard the parent{s} using indivualistic calls for each individual offspring/progeny.

Here is what I found on quick search. LINK

And here LINK
....."Bottlenose dolphins therefore appear to be unique as nonhuman mammals to use learned signals as individually specific labels for different social companions in their own natural communication system"...

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 24-07-2020, 06:20 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Some people wonder if pets were happier in the wild, where their own kind live, and did whatever those do.

It seems that those who incarnate as pets don't have the same objectives here as those who incarnate as their wild counterparts. They're part of the inner schemes played at the subconscious level together with their human companions.

Egos have various level of development. I read somewhere an interesting comparison: ego is for its inner-self, like the bark is for the tree .

I recall seeing in one (maybe more) documentary about dogs that they are more prone to bond with humans, then they are to bond with other dogs. IDK if it is true, but they do seem to bond with us quite strongly. Which brings up the questions, after all of the selective breeding directed evolution that has taken place, are those wild relatives still their own kind. Or another question might be, what defines me and my kind. My inner model of self as represented by my ego, or is it my outer bark that looks more or less like a homosapien. Perhaps the dogs ego tells it it is a human.

One might ask if humans might be happier in the trees with troops of chimpanzees than in tall stuffy office buildings. I am not sure if I am more like a chimpanzee than a business man myself.
Old 25-12-2020, 06:42 PM

It must first be defined what we mean for EGO.
If for an EGO we define as a "mask" that we wear for dealing certain circumstance and, we pretend the others consider us as that EGO, and sometime we believe to be that EGO, so yes, animals have EGO for my point of view.
A lioness, on top of predator pyramid in certain environment, will consider all other animals like preys, so they behave in according to the EGO with other animals, but when it comes to deal with a lion, they have another EGO as they know that the boss is the lion and they cannot expect to eat before the lion.

Some dogs have huge ego and they can attack huge animals, like bulls or bear, even thought they are (partially) aware about they are weaker.
Old 28-12-2020, 10:10 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy75
It must first be defined what we mean for EGO.
If for an EGO we define as a "mask" that we wear for dealing certain circumstance and, we pretend the others consider us as that EGO, and sometime we believe to be that EGO, so yes, animals have EGO for my point of view.
A lioness, on top of predator pyramid in certain environment, will consider all other animals like preys, so they behave in according to the EGO with other animals, but when it comes to deal with a lion, they have another EGO as they know that the boss is the lion and they cannot expect to eat before the lion.

Some dogs have huge ego and they can attack huge animals, like bulls or bear, even thought they are (partially) aware about they are weaker.
Well, just keep moving while you are defining EGO, else that little dog will be gnawing the skin off your ankle.