Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 19-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Natasharabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
It's normal for so many people because they were born into a way of life that allows this mass production of animal products to happen.
School children are tought about the food chain, so they accept meat as food without question; they go on to feed their own children meat, who are then tought the same thing.

So true, my nephew who is a young teen, decided to stop eating pigs after viewing their suffering in factory farms. He loves 'hot dogs' and 'salami' though didn't know that it was from a pig. He was so conditioned to just eat it without questioning about the animal. He was surprised to find out he had been eating factory farmed pigs.
Old 19-07-2014, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator
I know. Part of the problem is the packaging and artificial flavourings in food. The way it is presented. For instance "Hot Dogs"....or "Salami"....nowhere does it say on the packaging "This is Pigs' bodies"!!
Beef....Pork....somewhere, someone changed "Cow" and "Pig" to these words. "Chicken" stays the same but we have definitely become conditioned to the word to mean "roast food" rather than "living animal with feelings and susceptibility to pain and terror".

Just before it went dark tonight I watched a wild Badger foraging for food. It didn't notice me at first. A bird was near it and it looked up, then ignored the bird. Then it spotted me, and ran away in a panic. I was a bit sad, especially since a deer had done the same thing this afternoon -it had run away when it saw me -even though I said gentle words to it....as did a feral cat, and a fox today....They are so scared of humans. Instinctively. It made me feel sad. No wild creature wants to trust a Human.
Old 19-07-2014, 02:09 AM
Experiencer

People are always disgusted with me when they find out I dont humans. Yes,it may be wrongspiritually, bu I am an animal rights activist. The things I have seen is evil, sadistic, and beyond comprehension. I have seen animals being beaten, raped, electrocted, boiled alive, skinned alived, burned alived, firecrackers taped to their mouths, I have seen it all. It is heartbreaking, but I am the voice for them because they cannot speak. A lot of people treat animals as if they are souless machines, here to serve man. They are not. They were here long before us and we treat them as if they dont feel pain, dont have emotions, feelings or personality...hell....they even burn and skin dogs and cats while still alive! They have bestiality brothels that are legal in some countries! Yet, what have these poor souls ever done to us to deserve such treatment? We all know the answer to that. It makes me sick, ashamed, and humiliated that my fellow humans do such atrocities to the other creatures on this planet. Best would be to rid humans of this earth....we dont deserve to live here.
Old 19-07-2014, 03:25 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenriggs
People are always disgusted with me when they find out I dont humans. Yes,it may be wrongspiritually, bu I am an animal rights activist. The things I have seen is evil, sadistic, and beyond comprehension. I have seen animals being beaten, raped, electrocted, boiled alive, skinned alived, burned alived, firecrackers taped to their mouths, I have seen it all. It is heartbreaking, but I am the voice for them because they cannot speak. A lot of people treat animals as if they are souless machines, here to serve man. They are not. They were here long before us and we treat them as if they dont feel pain, dont have emotions, feelings or personality...hell....they even burn and skin dogs and cats while still alive! They have bestiality brothels that are legal in some countries! Yet, what have these poor souls ever done to us to deserve such treatment? We all know the answer to that. It makes me sick, ashamed, and humiliated that my fellow humans do such atrocities to the other creatures on this planet. Best would be to rid humans of this earth....we dont deserve to live here.

Are you an animal activist? I know of Jo-anne Macarthur. I read her book. I found her to not be very polite but now that i'm vegan,i appreciate people like her far more then i did before.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 19-07-2014, 03:26 AM
Deactivated Account

I am currently reading the sexual politics of meat by carol adams. I got lucky and found a free copy online. I usually prefer hard copy books but every now and then ebook is the way to go for me.

Old 19-07-2014, 03:29 AM
Deactivated Account

The thing that bothers me,is that,i feel in time,the animal holocaust WILL end. But,by then knowing how long we let it go on..how can we not feel ashamed of ourselves? I don't want to offend people but..we have come such long ways with making the world more gay friendly,less racism,less sexism and so on...but why animals so little progress. It's like the last thing society tries to fix. Because it's not our species,it gets the last little bit of our attention and focus. When we are happy and equal because of gender,sexual preference,and race,we will then go ahead and make progress on animals. Why do animals get have to be the last thing we focus on and change as a society? Why does a human holocaust end after a few years and an animal one 50+? It makes me hate america so much.

Old 19-07-2014, 03:31 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
While I agree with you about factory farming (some of it is unimaginably horrible), we're not actually the only species that does it.

Did you know that ants round up aphids and hold them captive, to function as sugar machines? Then when the babies ants are hatching, the captive aphids are then taken, alive, into the nest, to be dinner for the young.

Nature is brutal.

I have not heard that,yet still,i think factory farming is much much worse and sadistic.

Old 19-07-2014, 03:33 AM
Deactivated Account

My best friend i showed him a video because he seen i was in tears so i emailed him to watch it later,and he did. It was a response video to russel brand on youtube. He has now decided to not eat chickens and has even told his gf he is no longer consuming chicken. It is a start so i am happy.i have faith he will eventually be vegan. he is into fitness and has been looking up vegan athletes even before that video so his interest was piqued.

Old 19-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
I have not heard that,yet still,i think factory farming is much much worse and sadistic.

Probably, but I'm not sure. If there is one thing that might make human practices more evil than those of ants, it can only be because we question what we do whereas an ant does not (probably). But our ability to question what we do has led to some amazing things. How many animal sanctuaries have been created around the world? Other species would not voluntarily just give up resources to another species. Not because they are nasty, they just wouldn't consider it. How many species of animals set laws and appoint people to enforce those laws? And laws that say we can't just, I don't know, beat an animal to death for fun or throw a bottle of bleach into a wildlife pond.

We have our faults, but here we are acknowledging and discussing those faults, and over time, as demonstrated by the fact that we no longer, for example, burn young women to death because someone saw them picking wild herbs one night, we learn and improve and become better as a species. I know, some parts of the world still do treat women horrible, some parts of the world still have very weak or non-existent animal welfare laws etc, but its a global community now, and those that have moved on put pressure on those that haven't to catch up. As far as I'm aware, other species don't do such things. I suspect the ant will keep holding aphids captive for as long as there are ants and aphids, and I suspect certain types of wasps will continue to inject their eggs in to live caterpillar hosts for as long as there wasps and caterpillars, and the fox will kill far more than it needs, as it gets excited by the frenzy of the kill, for as long as there are foxes.
Old 23-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Natasharabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasharabbit
MAKE IT POSSIBLE
I changed my diet to vegan after viewing the 'MAKE IT POSSIBLE' ad that is airing on Australian Tv. It is about factory farming. I couldn't believe Mother Pigs were so cruelly treated, they spend most of their lives in sow and gestation crates that entomb their bodies. They cannot move or even turn around! Their suffering is immense! People should research where their food is coming from. I didn't before, though I certainly do now.
Please watch this short animation film and share with people who are unaware of what is really going on behind the factory walls. Let's shine a light into the darkness and help our animal friends.
Google- Make it Possible
The campaign is run by Animals Australia
I would share the url, though this forum won't allow me to.

MAKE IT POSSIBLE
Here is the short animation film that is creating positive change in Australia. To help our animals friends caught up in inhumane factory farms please watch and share! http://www.makeitpossible.com/