Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-07-2023, 09:52 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
My son told me pretty much the same as this when he was 6 !
" It's not real mummy. None of it. It's just a dream and we only wake up when we die "...
I was speechless and asked him if was told this in school. He replied "No-one told me . I just know ".....
For some, the Veil of Forgetfulness is very thorough, and for others, much less so. Obviously, he’s one of the latter. I’m one of the former, as I describe on my new thread, “False Continuity of Awareness” in the Members’ Cafe.

I had a very different kind of unusual experiences in my early childhood, as I describe on my other new thread in the Members’ Cafe.

(I didn’t know if I should put in links to my threads in the members-only forums, so I just mentioned them here.)

JoeColo
Old 27-07-2023, 04:16 AM
Master
Death is not a thing, it is not a character which comes for us. Death is a transition which is always with us. Death is mainly about our physical human body. An all of us know about what we call the afterlife, as we all came into this world from that so-called afterlife.

Religion talks a great deal about the afterlife but very few talk about the before-life. Where were you before you were born as a human being, or do you think your existence began the day you were born as a human being? No, I am not talking about reincarnation; I am only talking about before human birth and after human death.

If you truly want to know about the other side form a relationship with your own soul, some call it the Atman, or Over-Self, Deeper-Self, Double-ganger, etc. It does not matter what you call it. It is that which inhabits the body that you call yourself. That deeper presence within you already exists in the afterlife and it knows the way back to our source.

Actually, in my opinion, we never really left our source and there is no such thing as the other side. We exist right now in the midst of infinity as there is no where infinity does not exist. If you really want to know about death feel the presence that is there when you are half asleep and half awake. That feeling which takes you into sleep, a letting go of this physical existence, is similar to the feeling which takes us at the time of physical death.

I have been with a lot of people when they took their last breath. It is really a very simple experience. We can learn a lot about how simple it is by watching a new born baby; a new arrival from the afterlife. No thoughts, no words, just impulses, urges, and feelings. I used to work with newborn babies and they taught me a lot without saying a word. Regardless of our age, we still have that innocence and unconditional love within us, untouched by this world.
Old 27-07-2023, 10:52 AM
Master

Aww lovely post Starman!
Old 27-07-2023, 08:07 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I've read through there comments and tend to agree with Bluto.
Starman,I was with my mother when she took her final breath, in fact, I was holding her hand. There was no sudden spark or mist leave her body, yet she was staring at something in the top left hand corner of the room.I am comforted in the fact that deceased loved ones had come for her.
It was difficult as she was in the final stages of dementia. Just before she passed, her eyes rolled to the back of her head.
What I did find strange was a couple of minutes after she had passed,she stuck her tongue out.Lol.The Nurse said that it was just her muscles relaxing,but I don't know.
I think she was glad to be back with her deceased loved ones as I had been telling her that her ex husband (my dad who had passed 58 years earlier) was waiting for her.

I think you are right !

I try to die.
I can see my grandma now.

Sorry for the I start. ;)
This looks narcistic

namaste
Old 28-07-2023, 04:31 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Actually, in my opinion, we never really left our source and there is no such thing as the other side. We exist right now in the midst of infinity as there is no where infinity does not exist.

Infinity is our actual body. Non-local awareness localizes itself in the form of a temporary unit of awareness. The timeless appears in time, the time it takes to bat an eyelash becomes what we designate as a life. What makes it "our" life? Identification with an individualized unit of awareness, equipped with "me & mine" apps. These apps are designed for navigational purposes in the denser dimensional realms, realms of duality such as the one we are currently touring. So far, so good. The glitch in the system comes when there is exclusive identification with the navigational apps (body-mind), to the point in which that persona construct is mistaken for our actual identity. I say glitch, but that is just another conditional interpretation for verbal purposes. Perhaps another name is curiosity, which is another name for desire, which is another name for love. Love is Spirit, and the way God plays. Yes, we are being played. Nevertheless, and regardless of our transient judgments, identities, beliefs or illusions of control, what is, simply is. Whatever we add to that is something extra.

__/\__
Old 28-07-2023, 08:33 PM
Master
Thank you Another Bob, I embrace what you have shared
as it resonates with my perception.
Old 28-07-2023, 10:26 PM
Master

AnotherBob. I love what you wrote above. That makes total sense to me.
Old 21-08-2023, 04:54 AM
Seeker

I have seen one of my relatives death in my dream and you can not believe when i wake up it has been converted to true.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:04 PM
Master
There is no such thing as “death,” there are only transitions. We are constantly going through transitions in the here and now and what we call death is nothing other then another transition. People call it death because the person no longer have use of their physical body and they no longer have the human state of being.

But what we are at our core is a non-corporal existence that is eternal. It is called by many names, i.e. the soul, the over-self, double-ganger, deeper self, innermost self, atman, etc., etc., etc. It does not matter what we call it, but it is very helpful that we experience it. All of your questions can be answered when you experience the depths of your own being.

Try to remember what it felt like when you were a newborn baby or an infant. The Christian Bible says “you must become as a child to enter the Kingdom of Heaven,” it also says that “the Kingdom of Heaven is within you.” All of us came here to Earth from the so-called afterlife, we already know, deep within us, what the afterlife is all about. Most of us, indoctrinated by this world, our particular society or culture, have become strangers to ourselves.

Touch is the primordial sense on which all other senses are based; to see light must touch the occipital part of our brain, to hear sound vibration must touch our inner ear, to smell odor must touch the olfactory nerve in our nose, to taste we must sample a substance, or have it touch, our tongue. Touch is the primary sense and the sensation of touch is to feel.

Our senses go deep within us, beyond our physical body, although the quality of our senses changes the deeper we send our attention within ourselves. We may develop extra sensory perception with all of our senses as we travel the depths of our own being. What we feel and how we feel about what we are feelings is primary. When our physical body dies we will feel things differently then when we inhabited a physical body.

We saw and felt things differently when we were an infant. Try to feel what it was like to be an infant, without words or analysis. This may give you some idea, or experience, of what the transition of human death might be like. Beliefs are one thing but experience is greater then beliefs or ideas. In Taoism it is said that “nothing in the universe is what we call it here on earth.”

There are an estimated 7,000 spoken languages in this world and some languages have no words for what things are called in other languages. We speak the language that we grow up with during our formative years. We consider that language to be our “native tongue,” and most people think in the language they first learned as a child. Even a bilingual person usually only thinks in the first language that they learned, but what language does an infant think in, or does an infant even think?

A child can show us the way back to our true nature, the child that is within us and has always been within us. To our greatest source, no matter how old our physical body, or sophisticated our mind, we are as children, in my opinion. What we call “death” is a very natural process. It is easy to die, especially if you have no fear and trust the process of a deeper life. The only issue for human beings is the time and method of our physical death, regardless, speaking only for myself, a smooth transition is most desirable.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:58 PM
Administrator
I would agree with Star man wholeheartedly.
many times when giving readings I have been asked where the spirit world is
I always say the same thing the other side of the veil.
And we don't die we carry on.

Namaste