Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Neville

I have often considered myself a little insane, but in my defence, I thought life sent most people a little cuckoo
Old 19-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Joshua Flynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentest
Is there ever any way to know if bizarre things that happen around you are valid spiritual synchronicities or if you're actually just a complete lunatic? If the only way to know is to just have faith, then that seems like a good way to accidentally become a complete lunatic. Or am I on the right track as long as I can remember my zip code?

Very, very dangerous question.

Basically, the unknown, the weird, whatever you want to call it, is like the ocean depths. The deeper down you go, the more pressure that exerts itself on you, and if you rise from the depths too quickly, you may find yourself suffering from the sudden changes/differences.

The problem is, the... unknown... cannot conform within the limits of the materialistic world. It's like trying to calculate the distance down to the precise millimetre of the universe inside your head by measuring from one end to the other.

So when you experience something weird, or abnormal, there is no way to define it within materialistic, and therefore 'normal' scopes (normal is merely a paradigm enforced by the majority - for example, Mexican in Mexico is 'normal'). You cannot conform spirituality to materialism, or materialism to spirituality - either you get the spirituality but without the hollow shell, or you get the hollow shell without the spirituality.

If you want to know, on the other hand, whether or not you are right (and not merely conformist to the system), I found in my case (might be different for you, different people have different methods) was to work logically from the ground up, starting with the most likely possibility, seeing if the theory fit the facts (your own personal experience takes precedence over other people's mere opinions), and if it didn't, eliminating it, and continuing onwards, until eventually you walk into the least likely possible scenario, the realm that people will deny simply because it's taboo. To them.

For example, if I was to see something, I might work by:

1. Verifying I actually saw it (I must give myself the benefit of the doubt on this though).

2. Try to identify what it is, what properties it has, appearance, movement, descriptor etc (this comes in handy when you need to perform an analysis).

3. Immediately begin comparing it to common skeptical views (so for example, if it's a UFO, is it a plane? No, it's angular momentum is too sharp and fast, G-force shear would likely kill occupant etc). Systematically assess any and all so-called 'normal' viewpoints.

4. Take mental note of reasons why any of the skeptical arguments don't fit (you'll need this to defend yourself when challenged).

5. Inquire with other people what they think it might be (act as if it's 'hypothetical' if they are too narrow-minded). Include points of view that disagree with your own. Chances are they will regurgitate skeptical views you've previously assessed - echo your reasons why you don't believe it to be valid. If they produce any new viewpoints, assess them.

5a. Inquire with a doctor for their medical opinion on the matter if applicable (for example, mysterious appearing scratches, etc). Describe the symptoms as appropriate (I'd personally omit anything taboo sounding). Bear in mind the doctor might take a 'take two pills and call me in the morning' approach (I.E. dismiss it), so be sure to do your own groundwork investigation.

5b. This doesn't include psychologists or psychiatrists given their assessment are based on subjective criterion (I.E. anything taboo sounding will be seen as symptomatic behaviour). Do your groundwork research on what happened first so you have at least a solid case to back yourself up with - imagine a person who could detail every argument they assessed and numerous books they read versus someone who just claims to have seen something.

6. Read up on the topic. Do other people correlate what has happened to you? Be somewhat open minded and skeptical (if that makes sense) - what they say may well be valid, but you have to treat it objectively. If multiple people correlate what you are saying (not just a few keywords but similar experiences), chances are it was real.

6a. You may optionally (although exercise appropriate judgement of character and if in doubt, leave it out) want to approach or inquire with people regarding their experiences. People can be a little defensive (given other people can be defensive). Try to respect them on it, although they may respond if you explain your experiences first.

7 (optional). Formulate a theory on how/why it happened. Treat a theory as just that, a theory (it's how you think it works). It's so you have at least some grasp of understanding of what is happening, even if it's incomplete. It prevents the events from appearing as disjointed.

These things won't mean that you won't feel a little 'out there', but being systematic in assessment, analysis, information gathering and formulating theories, means you will be able to place a much greater confidence in yourself and what happened, and even be able to sufficiently refute any challenges.
Old 19-12-2011, 12:23 AM
midnightstar

We're all a little crazy in my opinion
Old 19-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Experiencer
Harmless I say ;)

The communication was without words? It seems as if you were being guided by your intuition? Your higher self maybe? :)
We do have guides from the spiritual realm that are trying to help us along our journey. I've also questioned my sanity because I didn't believe in anything spiritual until a couple of years ago. The way I see it is that as long as this communication is helping me then I'm ok. :) And from the sounds of it , it was indeed a positive experience. My suggestion is that you simply trust and don't question it. ;) The more you question it the more you might move away from being open to this helpful communication. :)
Good luck on your journey!!

Love and light,
Kiki04

Quote:
I think someone else talked to me inside my mind, or actually through things in my environment, but like someone else's consciousness was guiding mine into finding signs of communication in random things. It lasted for a while and then went away. The (potential) communication was without words, but still quite clear.

Apart from making me question my mental health, this was a positive experience. What was it? How can I know I'm not simply nuts?
Old 19-12-2011, 04:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Excellent question. If your looking at the spiritual realms or doing meditation or just experiencing things out of the blue as sometimes happens with people,
the best mode for long term success is to take note of the experience and
not to worry about it as long as there isn't any danger or harm in what is happening. A lot of people experience things and you hear them searching around for an explanation as to what the experience is all about. That is probably the most common theme on these forums. It is like watching one of those dating shows where people get together on camera to go on a date
and someone has to chose a winner from a select group of people. You don't see two people having any kind of an experience together, just a lot of interrogation. the spiritual side of a person requires openness to function properly and relies on the physical part of the person to protect it.
Imagine if you had a real profound or interesting experience and you never
understand at the physical level what the experience is about. Maybe your
spiritual side is taking notes and you just are not that aware or your understanding isn't up there yet to keep track of what is going on.
You live what you see and you see what you understand.
Always give yourself room to maneuver. It is possible to experience things
you don't understand. Many people will tell you that. As for wondering if your crazy, that should be the least of your concerns. The big jumps in understanding are very scary. Use that as a guideline.

Last edited by skyblue : 19-12-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 19-12-2011, 07:20 AM
feralfae

Quote:
Is there ever any way to know if bizarre things that happen around you are valid spiritual synchronicities or if you're actually just a complete lunatic? If the only way to know is to just have faith, then that seems like a good way to accidentally become a complete lunatic. Or am I on the right track as long as I can remember my zip code?

Well, I have had valid spiritual synchronicities... I'm also a complete lunatic. Sometimes there is a fine line between enlightenment and insanity. But if it's a good experience, or comes from a good place... it's generally spiritual. That being said, sometimes "insanity" is spiritual in and of itself. In their times, how many people must have thought those like Buddha and Jesus were insane?
Old 19-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by feralfae
Well, I have had valid spiritual synchronicities... I'm also a complete lunatic. Sometimes there is a fine line between enlightenment and insanity. But if it's a good experience, or comes from a good place... it's generally spiritual. That being said, sometimes "insanity" is spiritual in and of itself. In their times, how many people must have thought those like Buddha and Jesus were insane?

well, if you're going to perform miracles then reality has to be malleable.
Old 21-12-2011, 07:00 PM
feralfae

Lol, Internal... truer words were never spoken.
Old 25-12-2011, 02:25 AM
philodope

contentest, Im interested in what it was that you expierenced, where they in any way visual phenomena or just kinda empthic or auditory in nature?

Sometimes i love visiting the forum for its extremely beneficial postive outlooks, although some responces I find to be rather nebulous and thought provoking. I hate the fact that people can jugde something as beautifully complex as being an individual with the power that we have in this realm of existence, being that we are alive, are intelligent, and have the freedom to choose. That being said we choose to put energy into that which will make us happiest, comfortable, stable, take you pick or add your own beacuse it doesnt matter. What one percieves as truly happy and/or etc etc could be either very similar in one way and very differtent in another. I find some of the happiest moments of my life are when I have truly connected with someone on an emotional and intellectual level. That being said i endevour to find ways to communicate with anyone I come across. And thats not to say that I am not jaded and absolutly livid that I didnt come out of the chute compleatly aware of the power of my own mind, the fact that time isnt linear, and psi abilities where for crackpots and crazy folk. My parents told me once that if my life where a canvas that all they could supply where tools to cope with (or paint) my own life, whether or not they knew much more than what they shared with me, on the whole I dont think, that after emerging from a drug and hormonal stupor and hearing a rather loud crack, I turned out too bad. However when I simply let my memories guide me through some of my guilt and my delusions, it became increasingly obvious that my perceptions of things as hard to grapple with as time and how it works, the power of energy both internal and external, and the power of overwhelming fear that your public enemy number one (which is very dramtic seeing as Im in the comfort of my own room and that I have had no one go out of their way to make me believe that fact it is something I choose to believe :) And what I have found is that despite my own feelings, perceptions, values and beliefs that there is someting to be learned, or at least be reminded of, from just about any one you meet. I have had some trouble peeling away the layers of my mental illness and the reconstruction of "reality" and all the while trying to have a little more fun before I kick the bucket. I searched the forum for any thing concerning sucide, and in the last month alone there are dozens of threads and more to the point the ones in the past few days have really caught my attention. This isnt some sob story, on the whole its fairly vague, nebulous, and lacks detail. I found it extremly hard to concentrate when I first found the forum, and my paranoia and fear held the better parts of my reasoning through most of what what I think Im expierencing to this day. For now I will try to mind my own bussiness, be safe and cooperative and just ignore the things I dont have control over. I would be fairly interested to get other peoples opinion and thoughts.

P.S. In my honest opinion Bob/ username TzuLi (I know I butchered that) is a total bada** . I think the way he chooses words to describe his thoughts and opinions really brings together existence in our human form, as he most eloquently put in a post once, as a whole. Excellent communicater and a wounderful teacher. I am sorry to put him on the spot like this especially since everyone here has so very much to offer.
Old 25-12-2011, 05:38 AM
philodope

new thread general beliefs