Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-08-2020, 06:01 PM
Master
Crystals cut into shapes

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on gems that have been shaped, like hearts, circles, any unnatural shape, what are your opinions? I always felt it best to leave things in their natural form and not manipulate them too much.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 15-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Knower
I wonder about that too.

Most of my points are raw but I have some polished quartz points. But basically these pieces retained their original form and the direction of the energy flow is still directed to the point (in most cases).

I also have some obsidians and rose quartz carved into ‘dow points’. They are beautiful to look at, I love them, great energy and vibes, but I don’t think their energy is now suddenly directed to that carved point. But I could be mistaken of course.

I hope someone with more experience on this subject will chime in.
Old 15-08-2020, 11:42 PM
Deactivated Account

I like them in all shapes. My favorite are the rough half points. They are half rough, and half polished at the points.Perhaps, as a collector, I am just caught in the allure and beauty of them if they are polished and in shape form. I feel beautiful energy from them, especially if they are bigger.

Crystals as a big part of our global economy. Look into the crystal world of enthusiasts, its an insanely huge business. Not to mention how popular Himalayan lamps alone have become in our every day stores. The crystal business employs thousands and thousands of people. From mining the crystals out of caves to factories where they are cutting them up. Crystal carvings also help local communities and economies in countries like Peru.

I was also watching a documentary on green energy-technology, where some companies mix clear quartz ( I want to say they mix it with coal?) To produce a type of energy.

In short, I just see the cut of the stone part of every day business. The energy of a cut stone doesn't effect me personally. Rough stones are a little dusty tho :3
Old 16-08-2020, 03:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on gems that have been shaped, like hearts, circles, any unnatural shape, what are your opinions? I always felt it best to leave things in their natural form and not manipulate them too much.

I go out and find crystals, rocks, etc.

If you saw of these items in their natural shape, form, etc., you probably will not want them.

I have a lot of Hematite that has been cleaned up a 'little bit' by me. When I get around to it, I will 'finish' them over a period of time. By then, they will be saleable.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I go out and find crystals, rocks, etc.

If you saw of these items in their natural shape, form, etc., you probably will not want them.

I have a lot of Hematite that has been cleaned up a 'little bit' by me. When I get around to it, I will 'finish' them over a period of time. By then, they will be saleable.

That sounds like so much fun. Here in South Florida, there isn't much to find. I guess. I could be wrong.. Lots of shells though. Fossils, too.
Old 16-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary
That sounds like so much fun. Here in South Florida, there isn't much to find. I guess. I could be wrong.. Lots of shells though. Fossils, too.

It is hard to find 'stuff' virtually any place.

I just keep trying.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-08-2020, 07:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
It is hard to find 'stuff' virtually any place.

I just keep trying.

When I was a kid, about 10 or 11, I used to go around the neighborhood, collecting rocks, and then hammering them open to see what was inside.

One time I did this, I found a beautiful red geode. Too bad I lost it.
Old 16-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary
When I was a kid, about 10 or 11, I used to go around the neighborhood, collecting rocks, and then hammering them open to see what was inside.

One time I did this, I found a beautiful red geode. Too bad I lost it.
Red geode,

do you think it was natural hematite?

Old 16-08-2020, 08:50 PM
Master
I don't know if you still want your OP answered but alas....

Generally I prefer polished versions of a crystal, but sometimes it has to be rough. Like when I wanted -more like 'fell in love with'- hemimorphite. That was a larger rough chunk and I held it before sleep every evening for maybe 2 years.
To date I have not seen a polished one as beautiful and intense blue as mine.

I often prefer polished as then you can see layers and/or colours better.

Sometimes I buy because of the shape. Like a picasso dolphin. I would not have bought that had it been another shape. It was the dolphin that attracted me. Dolphins have a specific energy which I felt matched with or enhanced the crystal.

I have a few clear crystal angels. You can't have angels without carving. Same with skulls :)
But I also have rough crystals. Depends on what I need.
Old 16-08-2020, 09:31 PM
Knower
Quote:
Red geode,

do you think it was natural hematite?

Very possible, it sure looked like the pictures I googled. I will never know.. unless the darned thing turns up?