Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-12-2022, 05:50 PM
Master
The Power of Prayer

I love this interview - it's about the power of prayer. Hope it serves someone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze0PNPuBQCo

From @selfloveselfcaresystem
Old 02-01-2023, 06:08 AM
Dude111

I really believe in that also!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2023, 10:48 AM
Master

The power of PRAYER should never ever be underestimated .
I have had decades of proof beyond doubt that it is heard and acted upon.
I realise and understand that some people do not believe , and therefore cannot pray themselves . And that's ok . That's where we come in , the ones that can offer up prayer ( with results) on behalf of others with their permission.
Where I struggle is People that SAY they believe and that they pray , and yet they never offer up prayer for either themselves or others !!!! This bothers me and I've worked with several like this .
Old 02-01-2023, 11:00 AM
Master

It’s been SCIENTIFICALLY PROVED that prayer does work.

Check out one of the back copies of the magazine called The New Scientist.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
It’s been SCIENTIFICALLY PROVED that prayer does work.
Check out one of the back copies of the magazine called The New Scientist.
Absolutely .....
It really does....
Oh now you evoking memory from newsagents and I used to stock New Scientist !!!
Was brilliant, got free reads with all the mags before needing to send back.
Nexus was another ..

Old 02-01-2023, 03:46 PM
2006, one article in The New Scientist
https://www.newscientist.com/letter/...ies-of-prayer/
According to the experimental protocol
described, the control group of coronary bypass patients “did not receive any prayers”.

Gregg Braden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ0v_8ktyvU

Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer: The Hidden Power of Beauty, Blessing, Wisdom, and Hurt,
a book by him

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-01-2023, 04:44 PM
Master

I just read your attachment and totally confused by their comments.

The second paragraph states that “obviously all three experimental groups must have received the same amount of prayer…………and these are precisely the people whose prayers are most likely to be considered by a benevolent God”.

They mustnt of read the the article/experiment thoroughly because in the experiment the people who would be praying for the patients where split into three groups and only one of the groups prayed for certain patients and those where the ones that recovered better wether other family/friends prayed or not. So don’t know where they got the “same amount of prayer” from. That just DIDNT happen.

And secondly they state “these are the people whose prayers are most likely to be considered by a benevolent god. I gotta laugh at this one because they are obviously stating that a god will pick and choose whose gonna benefit. Totally ignorant statement IMO

As for the last paragraph IE “praying for people you don’t know or care about is unlikely to yield dividends” well funny enough the praying DID yield results. So once again I wonder if they really did read the article. It makes ya wonder!

Where did you find this Miss H.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Where did you find this Miss H.
I googled:Power of prayer The New Scientist articles
Btw, I didn't have time to read the article or click on other links.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2023, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
The power of PRAYER should never ever be underestimated .

Where I struggle is People that SAY they believe and that they pray , and yet they never offer up prayer for either themselves or others !!!! This bothers me and I've worked with several like this .

It's an interesting one isn't it. I don't get it either.
I guess it's the world we live in the trials we face and the attitudes that we carry. There are still so many people that do not want to help others.
The world can be slightly self serving!! Maybe I am being nice, maybe it is self serving.

Could it be that?