Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-01-2023, 07:42 PM
Knower

It's my understanding that the soul/consciousness/spirit/etc is a field inside which our physical bodies sit. Think of mobile phone signals being everywhere at once, and the phone sits inside that field.

I understand our brains to comprise of biological architecture/circuitry which acts as a filter to the consciousness field. Some brains filter in more (which is why I think we have extremely talented/intelligent/comedic/etc people), some filter less consciousness, which is why we're not all geniuses. A comparison can be made with the latest iphone, and the oldest Nokia. Both are receiving the same signals, but one phone has the inner architecture to receive it in a different way, and do more things. The other, very basic. Either phone could develop a problem in which a small piece of the circuitry/architecture stops working correctly, but the rest of the phone continues to function normally.

I understand that mental illness is perhaps a brain architecture/circuitry feature, and that any particular brain like this receives and interacts with consciousness in a way which causes the person in question to be distressed.

I believe that once the body (and of course the brain) dies, that person's consciousness is released from the constraints of their brain, and, if the person chooses, immediately goes through some sort of healing or purification process, (like the way our bodies do when we injure ourselves) and retains any lessons learned through their particular incarnation.
Old 28-01-2023, 10:36 PM
Master
Everyone dies because their physical body shuts down and they can no longer inhabit that body. It is important to note that physical illness can cause mental and emotional illness, but I do not embrace a person carrying mental illness into the afterlife. On this subject speculation and extrapolation abound.

Mental illness can cause physical illness, e.g. psychosomatic. Psychosomatic illness is just as real as any other type of illness or damage. Physical disease (pathophysiology) and mental disease (psychopathology) do change locations between mental, emotional, and physical, and yes, they do condition us, but the conditioning is not the disease. Conditioning may effect the flow of energy but conditioning is in this realm of duality.

As everything is spirit, spirit or soul is beyond imperfections or distortions. Although spirit in form is impure, transitory, and subject to all sorts of dis-ease and damage. But it is only the form, be it thought forms or physical forms, it is not in its natural state no more then we are as human beings. When we go into the greater realms of the afterlife we revert back closer to our natural state.

Depending upon the level, or realm, that a consciousness dwells in after physical death, they may be in a realm where there is no emotional or mental capacity. In some realms of the afterlife there is no capacity to be objective, you can not think or emote. There existence may be as energy, light, or formless without a body. There is no thinking and there are no emotions in such realms.

I look at people with autism, schizophrenia, or some kind of social deviation, and some of them act so innocent and child-like. A lot of them do radiate love and light. Mental illness can be from structural damage or chemical imbalance, but most mental illness comes from the person’s culture or society in which they live. Leaving a society and going to another one like say, the afterlife, does influence a person’s being.

There is acute mental illness, episodic mental illness, and chronic mental illness. Me having worked in the healthcare field for 42-yers, in my experience, most of the people in this world suffer from some type of mental illness or emotional instability. Depression is the most widespread mental illness in this world. There are also people born with mental and emotional issues. Down’s syndrome, etc., and lots of elderly people die with dementia or Alzheimer’s. Their mental issues just happened months before they died. There are so many facets to this subject. The majority of mental health problems are relationship issues; be it how we relate to ourselves, others, our world, etc.
Old 28-01-2023, 10:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijhumal
If some one has gone into mentally distorted realm.There his time is difficult to pass.If He dies what will be his circumstances .Will his time be difficult to run even after death or will he be free from mental conflicts

I have schizophrenia and I hear voices. Imo when I pass that would be the end of me, rip.

utopiandreamchild
Old 28-01-2023, 10:39 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I have schizophrenia and I hear voices. Imo when I pass that would be the end of me, rip.

utopiandreamchild

Are the voices content to lose all their work with you when you die?
Old 28-01-2023, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mora321
Are the voices content to lose all their work with you when you die?

I don't listen to the voices because they're negative but if I did pass I think that day would be a joyous day for them.

utopiandreamchild
Old 17-08-2023, 04:55 AM
Seeker

guys At this time, most mental illnesses cannot be cured, yup.. no one who dies through mental illness or anything else.
that stays behind, your soul is free so it carries nothing like illness or mental health.
Old 17-08-2023, 05:08 AM
Glenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijhumal
Will he carry life's memories or will they be vanished soon after death.what is concept of time after death

They will soon vanished but still if memories are vanished. Angles will punish or reward us and will tell us you did these mess or good deeds. We will be happy or in sorrow because there would be no way to deny.