Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-03-2024, 10:58 AM
Newbie ;)

The meaning of life

Since I was a kid, I always believed that there is more to life than just work, eat,sleep and repeat. Some people believe that but a part of me can't accept that this all there is to life. I have always been curious and amazed by how the universe works but I don't think I have found my purpose or meaning of being here on this earth. Sometimes I wake up and this is hard getting out of the bed and sometimes I am grateful to be alive.

I am aware that many people ask this question and it's difficult to find an answer. It could be also that my ego is seeking for something more rather than accepting where I am and everything as it is.
But I wonder though, how do you create meaning in your own life? or how did you find your purpose?

There are many ideas that I have about this, but I don't really resonate with anything. But maybe it's not really that complicated and it's just to be alive and present at this moment.
Old 11-03-2024, 11:32 AM
Master

Thats an important step. I am happy for you you are taking that next step.

To me purpose can at times be fluid like water, and other times strong like iron.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 11-03-2024, 03:01 PM
Master
Feel your emotions as you write or think. But with writing there is more focus and thus more attraction power and thus more emotional guidance.

So lets say you write a list, with the intention of finding a true desire. One that feels emotionally good or exciting.

This is not about truth or possibility. Throw every rules or limitations in the trashcan. No truth no limitation.

Just your focus to expand upon what is wanted.

So in this list you write what you don't want on the left side and what you do want on the right side.

Life helps you know what you don't want and thus also know more clearly what you do want.

So write down what you want, as it is already real.

For example.

What I don't want:
I hate boredom.

What I do want:
I am having fun.

And then simply delete what you dont want. And keep what you do want.

You can even be more general. Focus on fun. What is enjoyable to do? Make a list of things you can do and feel which one feels most exciting or like the most fun in doing it. And also consider in what way you would most enjoy to do it.

But if you come across allot of unwanted stuff. Then simply as generally as possible. Note how they feel. And focus on the opposite.

For example unwanted:
I feel heavy and tired.

Wanted is the opposite.

What I want is:
Feel light and energised.

The point is to focus your attention and awareness upon those things you want.

So if you make lists of what you want. Focus on those desires. And it will become more. It will expand.

But if you cannot find any desire. Then at least write about how you feel, maybe there are unwanted things in your life. Learn to focus on their opposites. You don't need to change anything or take any action. Just giving your awareness to what you do want. Consistently enough that they become more and you feel emotionally better.

In no time, you'll have so many fun ideas, you'll write:

Unwanted:
lack of time

Wanted: way more free time. A lot of free time to enjoy doing all of these things!

focus upon that and enjoy it and the more consistently you focus on this wanted thing, the more it will become more and more and more. Untill you have all the time in the world.

Without needing to change anything. It is all about focusing on wanted or opposite of unwanted, as long and consistently as possible, so that the thoughts become more and it will be experienced and realised more.

That simple for me.

I have a lot of free time. I have allot of free time. Focus on those words. Give that thought your attention and awareness. And it will become more in your experience.

Whatever YOU want. No one else can do this for you.

But make sure you know the difference between what you dont want and what you do want.
To make sure, you have to understand, in the universe the word "no" does not exist.

So if you write

Unwanted
I dont have money.

Wanted: I don't want to be poor.
Wanted: I want my poverty to end.

That is not wanted. That is unwanted.
Im talking about positive desires.
Not "I don't want this." That is unwanted..
"I WANT THIS. I DO WANT THIS."
i wanna be rich have allot of money and freedom and comfort.

Etc etc etc.

Whatever you want, focus on it and life will continue to become more enjoyable.

And if you ever come across something unwanted, well, a good time to write the wanted end of the stick! So your list of things you want keeps growing.
And the more you give them your attention and awareness, the better you feel.
But if you feel bad, then you are focused on what you don't want.
So listen to your heart, or rather, feel your emotional guidance. It knows all. Because it the indicator of the relativity between you and all that you truely are.

So for example, if you feel bad.

Unwanted: This person is being mean.
wanted: I want this person to die.

Focusing on that is not a true desire. it feels bad.
True desire would be more like this.

Unwanted: This person is mean
Wanted: I want this person to be kind.

Focus on that. That is wanted.
This person is kind. This person is kind. Imagine it. Try feel what it would be like.
You can even generalise for more focusing leverage.
"Everyone is always being kind to me."

Focus on that, and it will become more.

The sky's the limit, so enjoy.
Whatever you focus upon will become more.
Whatever you give your attention to, will become more.

Can't get easier than that. And it will definitely become more and more enjoyable. And easier. Over time. And more fun.

If ever you feel bad, as you try to enjoy giving your attention to what you do want, and become bombarded with unwanted experiences.
. Simply write the unwanted experiences down.
And write their opposites, what is wanted. And then enjoy giving your awareness to those.
Again, being general can help aswell.

Dont have to write a whole book. Just in general I dont like this, so I do like that. And so I enjoy giving my attention to that and it becomes more. Wonderful easy life.
There is no end to how many desires you can enjoy.
Old 12-03-2024, 02:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Nightingale
But maybe it's not really that complicated and it's just to be alive and present at this moment.
some of us think that is the point, to be awake, aware, here, now rather than lost in those pesky thoughts about past or future.
Old 12-03-2024, 03:00 PM
Master

purpose of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Nightingale
how do you create meaning in your own life? or how did you find your purpose?
Purpose of life has to be like pole star which can guide/motivate/inspire you though out the life and which one feels is good even for dying .

As normal materialistic goals of life (like money , name,fame, riches,affluence , knowledge, power etc ) are fleeting ,changing and temporary , it still can energize some people for some time in some situations . But it can not remain the same and can not provide the same zeal and zest in life all the time . So while one can have material goals in life, one must understand the caveats it comes with .
Old 12-03-2024, 03:06 PM
Molearner

As a cautionary note there is a strong school of thought that the pursuit of happiness is counterproductive…….studies demonstrate that the more one values happiness the less happy they will tend to be…..keeping up with the Jones’s does not work….this applies to the spiritual just as it does to the material life IMO……
Old 12-03-2024, 03:51 PM
Interesting. With a topic title about the meaning of life on a Spiritual Forum...and
not one mention of a Creator, God, Superior Being or Spirit...by any name...unless I missed it.
My life is full of meaning - but after acknowledging my Father, God, Creator...no religion involved, btw.
That's just me.

(Can an atheist find meaning? Of course. Tho, you'd have to ask them...probably by loving
people and being kind, being of service to others...I have heard my ex say.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-03-2024, 06:42 PM
Master

Such a good point Miss H. I mean has spirit ever communicated purpose, spiritually already answered it. Creator knows but we don't have to listen. Spirit does not work that way. We are talking spiritually.

What if Creator already has said, already communicated it. For instance Creator told us that purpose would we do it? It isn't done now.

For instance if source talked about love as some suggest would that be considered a purpose. I say that it is. I'm not very good at it. A fact that has already been communicated is that a purpose spiritually and physically. The fact I do not or wish to do is meaningless. That which I do may not be purpose. We have been told what to do. What we find is source doesn't demand purpose be followed however we are given guidance. There is no demand by it. We are allowed to create our own reality but source isn't silent, I think all can agree on that. We're here to learn and purpose is in there. It's been written down. Every system talks of purpose and there are many.
Old 22-03-2024, 04:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for sharing your wisdom :)
Old 22-03-2024, 05:26 PM
Master

Perhaps the meaning of life is to “experience” and to grow and evolve.

Everything we do/think/speak is just an experience for the soul. Who knows lol