Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-04-2022, 11:57 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You can compare (not) remembering your past lives with (not) remembering your dreams.
Yes, exactly!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-04-2022, 08:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You can compare (not) remembering your past lives with (not) remembering your dreams.
This is a very good analogy. For whatever reasons some individuals have some recall of some previous incarnations in a similar way to how some individuals recall vividly some of their dreams.

As inavalan points out, whatever we recall and/or how accurately, the true benefit of previous incarnations is what the experiences brought to our souls; how our spiritual progress was enhanced by previous incarnations. If any other benefit accrues it's a happy bonus.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 16-04-2022 at 01:35 PM. Reason: 3 sentences tops when quoting.
Old 17-04-2022, 05:42 AM
Ascender

I've had a couple past life recalls. I was just an ordinary person in both. Different centuries but ordinary.
Old 13-05-2022, 09:52 AM
Knower
"Why doesn't anyone remember being an insignificant past life?"

Almost all the past lives I remember, I could easily be considered insignificant. I wasn't anyone history would remember except for one life in China, but even that was relatively insignificant. For the rest, I was just a soldier among other soldiers. I was at historically significant battles but so were thousands of others. No one wrote about me (except for one life in China); no one remembers me but I was there. I knew kings and princes, I was among their kind, on a first-name basis, but I was not important enough to be remembered. I was just one more cog in the machine of war in the right place, or wrong place, depending on how you look at it.

PastPilot
Old 13-05-2022, 02:37 PM
Administrator
You are not alone in feeling that way many others do to im sure.
but who says you were insignificant ? no one is insignificent you played a crucial rule.
always remember that.

Namaste
Old 13-05-2022, 11:06 PM
Master
I believe we have one life and one life only, I don't believe in reincarnation or past lives.

I believe what physicality tells us, that being when the physical body dies its the end of our journey.

Arohanui utopia
Old 16-05-2022, 09:48 AM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
seems like everyone only remembers the desirable past lives.
I think those might be the stories you hear but there are also others, but maybe because the media is the way it is, society praises on variuos superficial status such as fame, could be why you hear those cases the most. It is maybe easier to find evidence in one way, but in another who to prove you got the memory first and the proof later?

As for me - I realize I could have been experiences snippets of other people's past lives for one purpose only to then later revealed to me. BUT I have had no future-visions like that. I get much longer visions of the past. The future? perhaps a second or two. Can have more of a feelng.

I never wanted someone to tell me of my future, and do not want to experience that myself. I have thought for instance will my marriage be successful now or will we fail, but I don't want what anyone sees in my future to influence me. If I fail, or if I make it, I want it apart from any influences. I have thought maybe that is why I don't have them? But who knows.

When I came into this life my most recent that was not finished, mentally. Had to get help to put my past life self to final rest.
The ego is also very strong. It was very difficult for me to take in that I had been someone else before me. I was saying no, there has to be another explanation for this. One time in my teenage year I exclaimed out to the nothingness (being in my own room) "Will you leave me alone?!" as if it was a ghost who was hauting me with my own memories, hi hi. I was not curious. I wanted it over and out. If I was to pick a past life it would not have been that one, but I am not sure which one it would then have been instead, hi hi. They can be very dull for someone else, but very personal, interesting to me, but perhaps because I know others will find it dull I won't say anything. I think they be more like "...And?".

You could also confuse fragments of it to be imagination, in dreams and stuff, the very feelings.
Old 18-05-2022, 03:07 AM
Master
You need only remember the part's you have love for, the rest is unnecessary. I s'pose that's why they only remember the juicy parts.

Love utopia