Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 13-07-2020, 09:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim here
Of course there are no "typical", since representation of gods depends of the sculptor's/orderer's vision.

What do you mean ?
When it comes to Maitreya, there are certain things that stand out so a person knows it is Maitreya. The same holds true for the other Buddhas.

Some people look at a Buddha statue and think it is only the current Buddha but it might be one of the other Buddhas.

Maitreya is currently ruling in Tusita Heaven.

It is claimed a monk visited Maitreya and received the Tantra teachings we have today. If a person goes into a deep enough state, they can visit Maitreya and receive some of his teachings.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-07-2020, 09:52 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
When it comes to Maitreya, there are certain things that stand out so a person knows it is Maitreya. The same holds true for the other Buddhas.

Some people look at a Buddha statue and think it is only the current Buddha but it might be one of the other Buddhas.

Maitreya is currently ruling in Tusita Heaven.

It is claimed a monk visited Maitreya and received the Tantra teachings we have today. If a person goes into a deep enough state, they can visit Maitreya and receive some of his teachings.

Thank you for lending me some of your knowledge of Maitreya.
Old 14-07-2020, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for lending me some of your knowledge of Maitreya.

You are very much welcomed.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-07-2020, 06:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Of course there are no "typical", since representation of gods depends of the sculptor's/orderer's vision.

What do you mean ?

I wrote Sculptors/Artists not orderer's Tim
I love the big fat and laughing jolly depiction, it's joyful.
Old 14-07-2020, 06:45 AM
Master
Maitreya Statue's.

Maiteya Statue's/Paintings use different hand gestures (Buddhist mudras). which are very important because they reveal the Statue/Paintings meaning and tell a story about the inspirational virtue of the depicted Buddha...
Old 14-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Asala is also known as Dharma day is celebrated on the full moon which will occur for most people on Sunday July 5th.

Will you be celebrating that day?
In the East, this day is very important day but in the West, it hardly is even mentioned.

I take this......... as just being just another difference between Eastern Buddhism (where Buddhism began) and Western Buddhism.

Old 15-07-2020, 08:11 AM
Just Tim

Quote:
In the East, this day is very important day but in the West, it hardly is even mentioned.

I take this......... as just being just another difference between Eastern Buddhism (where Buddhism began) and Western Buddhism.

I don't understand why people just want to point out the differences as right or wrong, while they should be celebrated. (I'm not telling you are doing that)

Differences make us change.

Differences make us grow.

Difference is the bridge from opposition to unity.
Old 15-07-2020, 08:39 AM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I wrote Sculptors/Artists not orderer's Tim
I love the big fat and laughing jolly depiction, it's joyful.

I know, but it works too lol

Do you have a link to a picture of the statue you mentionned ? I'm curious about it.

Sorry for the late reply !
Old 15-07-2020, 09:07 AM
Master
Quote:
I know, but it works too lol

Do you have a link to a picture of the statue you mentionned ? I'm curious about it.

Sorry for the late reply !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maitreya-La.../dp/B07WK39TZ7

But as I said previously there are no typical one's so you will find many variations. I enjoy this one that reminds me of Children jumping all over their Dad when he's been away from home and returned

https://images.app.goo.gl/KURmcuccmMo5Q8k47

This one is joyful
Old 15-07-2020, 09:11 AM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maitreya-La.../dp/B07WK39TZ7

But as I said previously there are no typical one's so you will find many variations. I enjoy this one that reminds me of Children jumping all over their Dad when he's been away from home and returned

It's awesome ! Thank you for sharing

Yes it does look like children with their finally returned dad hahah