Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-01-2021, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Catholic faith does have a way of justifying their beliefs. If you should ever read the Catholic Encyclopedia, it does give 'logic' for their various beliefs.

As for me, I get along with the Protestants and Catholics. The Catholics I do have an affinity for. For years, one Catholic Monastery would send me literature as if I was one of their 'higher ups'.
They justify their beliefs through ' Blind Faith '
Old 24-01-2021, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

............ and that is true of all the other religions.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-01-2021, 10:37 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't know all Religions to comment, the only thing I do know is that unless you personally haven't experienced the fruits of the Teachings they are just written words.... the rest is ' Blind Faith '...
Old 24-01-2021, 10:54 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't know all Religions to comment, the only thing I do know is that unless you personally haven't experienced the fruits of the Teachings they are just written words.... the rest is ' Blind Faith '...
Are you referring to the Fruits of the Spirit?

Even if one has "experienced the fruits of the Teachings", there is a lot that one can never experience such as Heaven(s) and the Resurrection. That is where ' Blind Faith ' comes in.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-01-2021, 11:45 AM
Master
[quote=BigJohn]

Even if one has "experienced the fruits of the Teachings", there is a lot that one can never experience such as Heaven(s) and the Resurrection. That is where ' Blind Faith ' comes in.

Quote:
NO....
Old 24-01-2021, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Actually, BJ is correct - they use logic for many things. I'm an ex-they, confirmed by Bishop Fulton J. Sheen himself.
Only Catholics can appreciate that.
Hands like a baby's bottom.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-01-2021, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
how do you get through the gate?

1. what is the "gate?"
2. what is the "you?"

it could have been an honest question asked about a locked gate on the property. maybe behind the locked gate was the little building where the head teacher would live or maybe food was stored there or building materials. unfortunately for the guy who asked the question, he got loopy answers from guys trying to sound spiritual.
Me? I'm not Buddhist.
I might have said there is no gate.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-01-2021, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholarly Tarot
You know for a small fee, say $456,456 I will forgive you of all your sins up to today, and then give you a $100 discount for every sin confessed to me (with payment of course) everyday thereafter. You'll be spotless...
Ah, but can you promise me a certain place in Heaven is/was the thing!?
And BJ is right - it waned after M. Luther. He really exposed this trickery.
I saw the movie!!!

Old 24-01-2021, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Gosh, I don't care for blind faith. ( btw, Blind Faith was the band.)
It stops the search for a direct answer or exp.

Old 24-01-2021, 01:58 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Gosh, I don't care for blind faith. ( btw, Blind Faith was the band.)
It stops the search for a direct answer or exp.

Miss Hepburn,

Theoretically there is a problem with deriding blind faith.....especially if we view the nature of God as being both immanent and transcendent. If God is unknowable at some level in his fullness then it seems to me that we are all at different levels of blind faith. As soon as our pride and egos convince us that we know God our search is in danger of stopping. At this stage perhaps our humility disappears and our ‘search’ from this point will be fruitless.

We have endless threads such as: “Does God exist ?” or “Is reincarnation real ?” There is a large amount of blind faith at play in both instances to answer in the affirmative or negative.

I have some shame from the past in judging those with ‘blind faith’.....little old ladies in the church who were as loving as could be and totally at peace with themselves and the world. It is possible that some as those have found “the peace that passes all understanding”. In retrospect they have given me much.....I have to ask myself.
.....”What have I given others with all my knowledge ?”