Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 21-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Master
That sounds magical, just like the place I grew up in. You are so lucky.

I remember this one time, my b/f was carrying me across a puddle that had a board across it (he almost tripped and fell) through a field at night and all you could see were the lightning bugs just all over the place.

Old 21-03-2011, 04:22 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
Ever seen "Grave of the Fireflies"?

Never seen that movie, I have never even heard of it before. Is it a childrens film, doc,or ?????
Old 21-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Master
I googled it, it was being talkd about on a forum and everyone said it was saddest movie ever about some war, etc.

Old 21-03-2011, 04:38 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I googled it, it was being talkd about on a forum and everyone said it was saddest movie ever about some war, etc.

ooo...huh not what I was expecting...thanks silvergirl

The movie I always think of is A Bugs Life...there was a scene in there where this lady bug was telling this firefly/lightning bug to "hey you, turn your butt off" it was sooo funny I think they were trying to sneak up on something or someone...
Old 21-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Master
That was one of THE best animated bug films that came out about that time, THE best. Wasn't it that one where the one bug flies towards the zapper and his friend says no, don't and he says but it's sooo beautiful and then zap! That was too funny. All of it!

Old 21-03-2011, 04:50 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
That was one of THE best animated bug films that came out about that time, THE best. Wasn't it that one where the one bug flies towards the zapper and his friend says no, don't and he says but it's sooo beautiful and then zap! That was too funny. All of it!

heheeheee lol...its soo beautiful! YES! one of the best at the time
Old 21-03-2011, 05:49 AM
tragblack

Though Grave of the Fireflies is sad, it is an excellent movie.
Old 21-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Uhmar

Quote:
Did you know lightning bugs each have 1 perfect mate? Their flashing lights are to attract there one and only mate. Talk about twin flames! There light are as unique as finger prints.

That is one of the coolest things I have read in some time.

When I was a kid and I did it for my kids ... my mother saved each of us five kids a jar. She put our name on it.
She punched holes in the lid so air could get in, but critters couldnt get out
We used them to cath praying mantis , crickets,minnows, lightening bugs etc.
We would have contest to see who could catch the most in their jars.
Then when we came in for bedtime we released our price catch. Till the next warm night of fun contest.
We had to save our jars to use all summer.
Ever tried to tie a string onto the leg of a June Bug?
Old 21-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Master
My two halfbrothers and I had jars too, of course all the neighbors did too. But the boys would catch their glowing 'prey' and release them ~ in the house! That was fun although my parents were a little iffy about it, but it was all in fun~*~*~*

Old 21-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Master
I love lightning bugs. I am not too freaked out by many bugs unless it's something like a spider on me, I might do a freaky jig. I don't like to kill anything, but I will a mosquito, a flea, a tick, a fly.

I live out in the country and I love just watching them, laying out there on a warm night.

My daughter and I love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4 Fireflies - Owl City