Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
That is awful mac. Was this a recent thing? I've always been afraid of bees, my fear has gotten less as I get older, but to think we've got killer bees nearby isn't very comforting. I'm not sure of the real story behind how they came to uh be?

p.s. norseman, those pictures were fantastic.

It happened near Silver City, NM, early August 2010

This winter a Canadian friend turned up bringing us a leaflet which, I think, she'd picked up in the Tonto National Forest area warning about these 'Africanized' bees in AZ (where we were in winter)

The bees that attacked us were very small but incredibly aggressive. I rang the local forest ranger station to warn them about the high risk of attack but they weren't interested - wouldn't put up a warning notice. All there would be for other hikers was a note at the trailhead that I left on a tree warning about the bees.

Their aggression was totally unexpected and it's very scary how they'll attack without provocation. Prior to that we worked on the basis that if you don't provoke 'em you'll be fine. Not so. And you can wander into their territory without knowing and risk being attacked.

If you have any concerns any time, give bee swarms the widest berth possible I'd suggest.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Jules

I'm petrified of the blinding things! Although I will say they are incredibly beautiful!

Mac that's awful, you both must have been terrified. Personally if it happened to me it wouldn't have been anaphalaxis that killed me .. it would have been sheer fright!

*shivers* urghh!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
If you have any concerns any time, give bee swarms the widest berth possible I'd suggest.

Heck, I give ONE bee a wide berth. You should see how fast I roll up my van window when I see one fly nearby.

Idk if it's universal, but if a person discovers a bee is already inside their vehicle, WoW! Now that's something to freak a person out!