Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2021, 10:58 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Thanks for the replies. Many good things to think about. What I tend to be thinking about lately is just how important all this thinking, meditating, practicing, etc...is. How much time does it take away from just being? Or then again is it all just another part of just being?......alive? Part of that pathless path that only the fool does not try to follow. Maybe the path is only in our minds, yet it is good to try follow it nonetheless..? Certainly it leads somewhere, but then so does walking about aimlessly. Maybe they lead to the same place anyway. IDK, maybe I should think about it a bit more... or maybe not?

"What I have learned up to this day with the shramanas, this, o Govinda, I could have learned more quickly and more simply: In any tavern in a brothel district, my friend, among men who haul freight and play at dice I could have learned it."
Siddhartha - Hermann Hesse

I suppose what it ultimately comes down to is something deep inside. A burning passion that might initially seem beyond reason and benefit though it can't be ignored or put aside. I went through most of life without it and then was consumed with understanding consciousness. I wasn't sure where it would ultimately lead, however I couldn't leave it be, at least not for long.

Perhaps some time away from active pursuit might help sort it out? Sometimes distance brings clarity to value or lack thereof. If you let it go for a time will it pull you back or let you be? That's probably as good a test as any.