Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 05-05-2011, 11:49 PM
jjj

What is hypnotherapy

Hypnosis is a difficult 'thing' to put a definition to and we really don't all agree on exactly what it is. :) This is a paper I wrote as an undergrad. I had to beg my teacher to let me write about this topic. It is long but you could always skim through the parts that don't interest you much. The original document is too long to attach but I published it on-line a while back just for the heck of it so I can post an URL. I wrote this shortly before my certification in hypnotherapy but after I had done a bunch of my own work (through hypnotherapy). There are many different models, techniques, applications, etc. Anyway, here 'tis: http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...py.html?cat=68
Old 07-05-2011, 01:16 PM
jjj

Just an exert that I really like :

It is argued that the practice has been ignored due to irrational prejudice. Dr. William S. Kroger states, "This is not surprising, since prejudice is ignorance educated, and it is difficult for any individual, in any given era, to see through the "smoke screen" of his own culture." (Kroger, 1977)
Old 20-07-2011, 11:11 PM
AnuChandra

I'm a regression therapist and do hypnosis almost everyday.
Its nothing magical although results definitely can be and often are!

Hypnosis is actually simply a heightened state of awareness =)

Anu Shi Asta
Old 22-07-2011, 10:44 AM
jjj

Hi Anu. I use regression a lot as well and totally agree. :)
Old 27-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Brian

Hi JJJ,

I practice hypnosis actually and it really is an awesome thing. Actually, you might even experience states of mind sort of like hypnosis throughout your day without even realizing it. For instance, getting so absorbed in a task that you lost your sense of time....Like driving a car, or watching a movie. Hypnosis can be characterized by a heightened sense of awareness and increased suggestibility.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 AM
jjj

Yep :) Glad to meet you. I've always been completely fascinated with consciousness.
Old 18-03-2012, 12:54 AM
BwellBTR

Hypnosis is a system of suggestions, presented with the express purpose of speaking directly to the nonjudgemental aspect of the brain and offer suggestion to counterbalance existing patterns of behavioral understandings or inplant the suggestion for new ones. Therapy is practice actions designed to modify or restore "normal" functions and or practices... Hypnotherapy would be change or restoration of practices through the use of reasonably and believeible Hypnotic suggestion .
Old 21-03-2012, 04:27 PM
MorningMist

I love hypnosis!

A friend of mine is convinced that its the "missing key to unlocking longevity in the human race, returning them to lifespans of centuries - not decades - once again".

Considering the almost 'supernatural' way in which the subconscious mind can be directed in making physical changes and bring about healing to the body, I find myself inclined to agree with him.

Who really knows how far hypnosis could push the envelope, notwithstanding certain scientific and medical communities desperate to decry it for bunk (vested interests in maintaining mass ignorance, etc).

We've barely dipped our toes in these deep, deep waters - and there's so many liberating adventures yet to be taken...

MorningMist
Old 24-03-2012, 02:13 PM
BwellBTR

Hypnosis is..

Hypnosis is much more then a stag act when used for the benefit of more then the controlling interest. Like with anything in nature, it is a balanced practice. But as with all things it can be misused, or the answer to a prayer...