Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-12-2020, 10:41 PM
Master

As my mother used to say: "I'm too old to change".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-12-2020, 10:43 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I didn't notice who you were talking to -I start at the bottom often and go up is why- -didn't matter.
It's just the nature of a public forum that
people can respond to whatever posts they would like to.
Oh well.

Sure, it's polite to say ..."Mind if I interject here?"
But, old time forum users are used to being able to respond to any posts.
(You can always ignore their input.)

Yup, staying on topic is encouraged.
You're fine bobjob.

I've been using the web since the 90's so I'm not sure what an "old-time forum user" is supposed to be if I'm not one?

Over the decades I've changed how I interacted with people. I've taught myself to think of the person on the other side of the computer screen not just see them as an anonymous poster. I believe thinking of the other poster as a person helps influence how you might interact with them.

Expressing how I felt about BJ's response isn't dictating what he can or can't do.

Last edited by soulforce : 30-12-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 30-12-2020, 11:49 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Bobjob has been around sites for a long while and is answering posts as he has always done.
but i answer them in the same way. this is a Discussion forum and Everyone has an input.
just keep on topic and polite

Namaste

Everyone has a different idea of what is on-topic and polite. I felt he wasn't doing that at the time I read his comments.
Old 30-12-2020, 12:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I've been using the web since the 90's so I'm not sure what an "old-time forum user" is supposed to be if I'm not one?
I've also been working on websites since the late 90's and what intrigues me is why anyone used to websites should become exercised when a different individual responds to a posting.
Quote:
Over the decades I've changed how I interacted with people. I've taught myself to think of the person on the other side of the computer screen not just see them as an anonymous poster. I believe thinking of the other poster as a person helps influence how you might interact with them.
By contrast, because of my own experience interacting with individuals in such a way, I've since come to approach postings very differently. Rather than considering the individual I consider the points they're making. No matter how one might become involved with others online - and I say this from experience - it's not an ideal way to interact with them. We should each decide what's right for us individually - there is no single way that is either right or wrong.
Quote:
Expressing how I felt about BJ's response isn't dictating what he can or can't do.
The following comments don't dictate but do appear to try to influence.(quote): "Then you to the opportunity to "educate me" on how I should express myself which is irrelevant to my point. If you feel so entitled to act inconsiderately to others then I'm asking you to ignore my posts."
Yanks might say "Right back atcha." Such seemingly innocent words might be intended to stifle a response. As for ignoring, anyone can choose to ignore another's postings.
Old 30-12-2020, 03:34 PM
soulforce- You're ok, too. All good.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-12-2020, 06:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
soulforce- You're ok, too. All good.

Good to know.
Old 21-04-2021, 08:55 PM
Seeker

Not all are frauds. Some are true and know what they qre doing. The frauds just take advantage of the week by those desperately seeking guidance. My experience the true ones keep a low profile and don't advertise by neon signs on the corner somewhere.
Old 22-04-2021, 02:50 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily
Not all are frauds. Some are true and know what they qre doing. The frauds just take advantage of the week by those desperately seeking guidance. My experience the true ones keep a low profile and don't advertise by neon signs on the corner somewhere.

thats so true
Old 01-05-2021, 09:08 PM
Master
Tigerlily 'nailed it' as far as I am concerned.

Some of the Psychics and Mediums who do their work for 'big' money, seem to have a tendency to 'lose' their 'gifts' as they hunger for more wealth.

There are some out there that are really good. And some of them can be found on Spiritual Forums!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 02-05-2021, 06:13 AM
Deactivated Account
It should be remembered that mediums don't initiate communication with our friends unseen - it's the other way round.

No medium can guarantee he or she will get anyone coming through for their client/sitter. The discarnate communicator is the one who comes to make contact, the medium aiding that as much as possible by making herself/himself as 'open' and receptive as possible to whomever tries to come through.

In doing the above they are often said to be aided by a 'gatekeeper' during communications so maybe it's their gatekeeper who eventually takes umbrage over the size of the charge clients face?

It should also be remembered that the discarnates we hear from, and who mediums work with in the case of gatekeepers, are not saints. They are real people who may disapprove of the privileged lifestyles enjoyed by mediums who charge big bucks for their service.

If they do disapprove then we have to consider the possibility a gatekeeper might not want to continue co-operating with their medium. Perhaps that's why some high-profile mediums sometimes appear to have lost their gift?