Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Seeker

How do you understand Universal Oneness, Oneness with Source?

I am curious as to how others understand/conceptualize the idea of universal oneness, ultimate oneness with source, etc.

Disclaimer: I AM in human form as I think and write about this, & I do understand that this could be severely limiting my ability to "get it" fully!

So, that said, do you conceptualize the ultimate oneness toward which we (as parts of Source Energy, God, whatever you call it) are striving more like:

a) a uniform puree, a smoothie if you will? Or

b) a stew where there are still discernible "parts" but they all understand what they are collectively, and for this reason the carrots would just never dream of trying to kill the potatoes, and all the components would get the importance of taking care of the vessel in which they exist?

I guess I am trying to understand the extent to which we will retain or lose our souls' individuality when the ultimate universal goal is finally attained. Obviously none of us can know for certain, but I'm curious as to how others look at this.

And in addition, I'm obviously hungry :)

Can't wait to read bunches of replies!
Old 08-07-2016, 01:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Well, I view/understand it as a direct, experiential state of awareness that only comes about from going through the internal process of elevating/expanding your state of awareness beyond the confines of the physical body, the physical mind, and the limited egoic identity (all of which contributed to the former sense/perception of 'separateness'). From this perspective, the awareness & experience of 'oneness' cannot be brought about through attempts to understand this principle/concept with the intellectual mind. Also, initially identifying with this principle/concept on the level of a belief will not yield the same effect/results as when it is sensed/perceived/experienced on the level of awareness.

In a paradoxical way, you are still experiencing your individuated Consciousness yet you remain intimately & directly aware that there is nothing which can truly separate you from everyone and everything else (all that is), because it's all made up of the same energy. So it's almost like you are experiencing two aspects of your existence simultaneously - both as a pinpoint of Conscious Energy and simultaneously as an integral aspect of the WHOLE and from which you cannot be separated from because you contain/possess all of the properties of that whole...
Old 08-07-2016, 02:31 AM
Ascender

I am in a transition phase from human to galactic consciousness-- In really simple terms there is increasingly less difference between inside and outside or internal/external-- As my thoughts merge with the physical reality they are placed upon (and though it would be complicated to express are already one in the same), my thoughts become increasing aligned in such a way where the true nature shines through and thought becomes direct in meaning--

As this occurs, the intellectual mind is transfigured into something beyond; thought the intellectual mind still exists and can be used in complete harmony (after all it is part of the one), it becomes more of an expressive state than a philosophical state-- That is, I no longer talk about the nature of existence in terms of philosophical prose, but really an expression of myself--

I do not see me separate from anything and am increasingly understanding the relationships of my own individuality within unity-- So in this sense, to be awake is to understand the governing laws of creation (which in this sense is really the interaction of your experience and all other experiences within it)-- These laws are transient as well, and only due to the limitations of peoples ability to interact with the self in a higher quality existence; however, this does not necessarily mean that everyone needs to become enlightened to change the governing laws which are as transient as anything else--

-----------

What I should say, is that when one reaches the greater unity, they can indeed maintain individuality (as this is not truly separation, or else unity wouldn't be something inherent to now)-- The issue is that you reach a greater being that is still inherently limited by the laws of current conditions, which is a mythology based on cause and effect, without truly understanding the cause)-- And because my greater being is limited as a whole, so to am I as my individual soul experience--

---------

The important part to note really is that; unity is true now, it is a matter of recognizing it; sometimes it helps to experience states where this is well pronounced to the degree that you might think of yourself as an illusion, but these are simply perspectives on the same thing that already exists now.. but can only be realized in such a state that it appears that unity is not now but some other place or state of being (***mate)-- So, individuality is a part of oneness-- duality is oneness, oneness is duality--

Everything is in your view, every realm of existence is in your perspective at every moment; what causes you to experience it as an individual perspective is part of coming to understand your own existence--
Old 08-07-2016, 04:31 AM
Master
When I attain oneness I will understand it. From what's been taught to me I will then say - everything is me in a form. So here I am now speaking to myself. And I will be in bliss.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:18 AM
Master

My experience of oneness is like a blending; it begins with an expansion of awareness where you become one with everything and nothing is objective, there is no this or that because you are this and that. What you are right now; that part of you which is looking through the eyes of your physical body remains, without a brain or body, thoughts or an internal dialogue. You feel very light, airy, and extremely wide awake and open. You find your physical body is inside of you as your consciousness expands beyond your physical body and encapsulates it, and nothing is outside of you. What I am talking about here is often called “cosmic consciousness.”

Of course there are other, more simple, levels of oneness. Feeling connected to another person, group, or geographical area. Feeling a oneness in your family or with liked minded people, etc. Relationships are the most important thing on this planet and all of us are inextricably in touch with each other. In a world of more than six billion people, everything we do and think affects the people in our lives, and their reaction in turn affects others; the effect of a seemingly innocent word can pass along an attitude or feeling far beyond what we can imagine. We have no idea how many people we have touched or in what way we have touched them, especially with the internet, online forums, like this one, etc.

Like a stone thrown into a pond we send out ripples to humanity, and like ripples they start out small and then become larger and larger concentric circles moving outward. In this way we are also one. Everything is already connected, everything is already one, and just because we see our selves as individual beings does not negate the unbreakable oneness which we are. We become aware in our spiritual journey of what is, was, and always shall be; we do not discover anything new or form a new connection, it is only new to the human mind, in the process we become aware of and acknowledge our essence, an essence and a connection which already existed even while we were unconscious of it.

We eventually grow into more of what we already are beyond words, thoughts, and labels. What a few people do on this Earth, like the attacks on 9/11, can have far reaching effects and change the way which we see ourselves; for better or worst we effect each other; this is part of our oneness as well. We are one with our source right now, this very moment, and forever; as our source is infinite and there are no gaps in infinity. Oneness is called by many names and some of the synonyms for oneness are:

Connective-ness
Union
Harmony
Unification
Atonement
Wholeness
Love
Cooperation
Holiness
Agreement
Concordance
Symmetry
Combination
Singleness
Accord
Radius of a circle
Continuity
Balance
Consistency
Totality
Solidarity
Oneness

Last edited by Starman : 08-07-2016 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Seeker
I do not believe that there is any sort of Oneness. Duality is inherent to existence, and anywhere we look we see multiplicity rather than unity. This is what gives rise to all spirituality and magic, the separation of the Self from the external world.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:19 AM
Master
To put it in simple terms, as humans we have human consciousness which is like a prison. It is necessary for us to be able to function as humans

In simple terms, it is all a big game. The carrots would go to war with the potatoes. Every game has a set of rules and the carrots must act like carrots and the potatoes must act like potatoes and for some reason one of the carrots offended a potato and war broke out. Even though they are part of the same game, manufactured by 'The Famous Game Company' they still have to play by the rules.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Master
Excuse me but this to me is about, possibly, how we might hold as more important where we might be going when how we are where we are could be worth more focus.

It's like that idea where 5 blind people use their senses to describe what an Elephant is because each of them reviews a different part whereas the person with sight is able to see the whole thing but if each blind person where given enough time they could actually go over every part of the Elephant and within their spatial awareness be able to view what the Elephant actually is.

What this says to me is that within limited perceptions we kind need to give ourselves time and space to acknowledge multiple viewpoints and within that let other less exercised connections between viewpoints be allowed to inform our perceptions.

It's like how can oneness conform to the perception we have which somehow resists oneness which means, basically, our perceptions must change.

So in that regard how do I understand oneness? Well, I don't, I can't but also a quiet wider sense of not so much me, and possibly more other, seems to be informing somehow about connections within and through separation is somehow lessening separation.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Angel1

My gosh, do I ever love some of these posts!
I have nothing to add!
It certainly is a direct experience..to me it is sheer Grace that
expands the awareness to such a transforming and altered,
transcendent state of Cosmic Consciousness...whether for a moment or hours....once or recurring times....
Ah, Grace.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
To put it in simple terms, as humans we have human consciousness which is like a prison. It is necessary for us to be able to function as humans

In simple terms, it is all a big game. The carrots would go to war with the potatoes. Every game has a set of rules and the carrots must act like carrots and the potatoes must act like potatoes and for some reason one of the carrots offended a potato and war broke out. Even though they are part of the same game, manufactured by 'The Famous Game Company' they still have to play by the rules.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahaha.........agreed!!!

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke