Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 19-03-2024, 09:21 PM
Administrator
Have any of you got to do the job you set out to do

As the title says have any of you got to do the job you set out to do?

I have in one way and not in the other,

When I was nearly 17 I was Set on joining the RAF at the time it was on a points system I failed by one point,
I was going to go back and do it again.

But I started work looking after people in their own homes I also worked in care homes. so I didn't go back.

I was happy doing what I was doing, but I often wander what if I had gone back where would I be now.

what about you?

Namaste
Old 19-03-2024, 09:42 PM
Master
I did not end up in the profession I dreamed of or trained to do.

But, on the way I learned all of the skills I needed to be a mother and work around the life of a child with disabilities. As it worked out, I learned I can do just about anything if I put my mind to it.

Each different endeavor had some magical moments and each place I worked allowed me to be with my child when there was great need.

Every job helped me become a better person and mother.
Old 21-03-2024, 02:14 AM
Master
I love this thread. I failed at everything I set out to do be that professional or personal, but I think I'll be more successful from now on.
Old 21-03-2024, 09:56 PM
Master
I never knew what I wanted to do when that time to make it happen came to be. I think the school system shunted me because I was predominately an intuitive, sensitive, visual learner, so learning styles back in the day, didn’t care too much about differences. At 17 I thought I would try out at business studies, where I did law, economics, accounting and all those things, but after a few years decided I wasn’t cut out for sitting behind a desk all day and my brain hurt too much with this field lol.

I ended up in child care, so I trained in early childhood development. I did that for ten years before having my own child. Looking back, I was a natural at this and something I recall when very young, caring for children.

I spent most of my time, from age 26 till now focused more on my spiritual journey so I pretty much dedicated myself to that in every way I could. That became my priority in life, to heal myself.

I’ve done numerous other jobs along the way and in some way they’ve suited me where I resided in myself healing and growing as a person.

Like Gem, I see myself now more able to do anything i feel connected to do and be and I know I most likely would be more successful at those things than any other time in my life.
Old 21-03-2024, 10:33 PM
I haven't answered cuz - I didn't set out to do anything.
I had ideas of being a Music teacher..but I let that go.
I did do what I liked for decades, tho. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2024, 05:33 AM
Master

Yep I did everything I set out to do.
Old 27-03-2024, 03:39 AM
Master
Have any of you got to do the job you set out to do?

In my last year of high school, there were two 'things' I was undecided as to what I wanted to do. One was computers and the other was mining.

At that time, there were really no schools for computers. There was one Computer Institute that was the premiere school in the nation, but it was only available to the employees of the computer company that owned the Institute.

As for mining, I was interested in a mining school in New Mexico which for me, was a long way from home (about 2000 miles).

As graduation was approaching, it didn't look like I would be continuing school but then, 'in the last hour', the Institute opened up to the general public. I was one of their first 'outsider' students and was the first to graduate in each of their programs.

I ended up as a programmer, firmware 'designer' and engineer on micro, mini and mainframe computers. I even designed the firmware so radar could be used as a 'microscope' which was used to test fighter planes and bombers which had been modified so as to see how closer the changes had made the planes look invisible to radar.

But like all things..... that came to an end.

One of the things I later did was ..... some mining.

Small World.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-03-2024, 03:51 AM
Knower

Yes. I'm doing the job I dreamed about for my whole childhood.

I'm 45 now, and very depressed, as it's a terrible job, and more of a nightmare than a dream. Every day feels like not only groundhog day, but a pointless endurance test too.

Despite retraining at least once in other careers, I've somehow stayed in this one. However, my ultimate dream now is to retire from work altogether - at at least work no more than the hours I need to live simply.
Old 27-03-2024, 02:55 PM
Master

Great question.....
But for me NO, because I never had ambitions job wise . I never had the calling to go down any particular avenue career wise.

The ONLY ambition I had in life growing up was to get married and have 3 children.
I achieved that, so a good result.

Workwise, I stumbled into retail , both shop and catering retail and I did this all of my working life .
Old 27-03-2024, 05:45 PM
Master
One 'job' I did that I never dreamed of doing was a newspaper. It was 2 section with each section being 24 pages totaling 48 pages in all. The paper was tabloid size. The paper was created and stored in 2 files. One for each section.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.