Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 23-08-2019, 03:04 AM
Deactivated Account

Yale Scientist abanding Darwin's Evolution

Looks like some modern scientists may support intelligent design, not Darwin's evolution.

Quote:
Gelernter argues that intelligent design, the notion that life on earth was designed by a higher power, is an “absolutely serious argument.” Gelernter cautions his peers in academia against using anti-religious bigotry to justify their dismissals of the theory of intelligent design.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...ons-darwinism/

I'm no scientist, but I think basically too many missing links exist to justify evolution. New versions of species just appear a lot, and don't evolve from something else. Sudden major changes in species appear which seems to point to an "intelligent inventor(s)" creating.
Old 23-08-2019, 04:08 AM
Master

Quote:
intelligent design = the theory that life, or the universe, cannot have arisen by chance and was designed and created by some intelligent entity.
"proponents of intelligent design say that theories other than evolution must be considered"
Intelligent design doesn't imply a God in the theological sense. It just says that humans aren't a result of natural evolution from ape, but an intelligent intervention happened somewhere along the way.

It isn't about a "higher power", but about entities that are intelligent enough to be able to intentionally make such an intervention.

For example: genetically modified ape embryos.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-08-2019, 04:11 AM
Master
Gelernter does not have the background to make such a statement. He claims his Jewish background has no influence on his opinion.
Stephen Meyer’s book "Darwin’s Doubt" seems to be his most important factor in rejecting evolution.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 23-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Master

Does it really matter what scientists think? Why do we look to them as some kind of authority?

At the end of the day they are just people with lots of opinions but no real understanding of the deeper questions of life and death and what it means to be a human being.

Peace.
Old 24-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Does it really matter what scientists think? Why do we look to them as some kind of authority?

At the end of the day they are just people with lots of opinions but no real understanding of the deeper questions of life and death and what it means to be a human being.

Peace.
Seriously?

It's because of scientists that you're able to read this post, it's because of a Scottish engineer that you can keep dry in the rain, you have pneumatic tyres for your car and nice tarmac roads to drive it on, all of it invented by Scottish scientists. Need I say more? And when you're under anaesthetic, say thank you to the guys from Edinburgh University.

And if they are "just people" then........ Then the deeper questions you would be pondering is how to scratch an existence from the wilderness around you and today's Spirituality would still be at the level of hunter-gatherers.

"What I see in you is mine, what you see in me is yours." I guess "deeper" is also relative to one's own agenda.
Old 24-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Master
I understand natural selection and it explains a lot, whereas 'God did it' dunt spaln nuthen
Old 24-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Seriously?

It's because of scientists that you're able to read this post, it's because of a Scottish engineer that you can keep dry in the rain, you have pneumatic tyres for your car and nice tarmac roads to drive it on, all of it invented by Scottish scientists. Need I say more? And when you're under anaesthetic, say thank you to the guys from Edinburgh University.

And if they are "just people" then........ Then the deeper questions you would be pondering is how to scratch an existence from the wilderness around you and today's Spirituality would still be at the level of hunter-gatherers.

"What I see in you is mine, what you see in me is yours." I guess "deeper" is also relative to one's own agenda.

I agree that science has provided many material benefits, but in terms of the bigger questions of life and death then I would not look to a scientist for his or her opinion.

Peace
Old 25-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I agree that science has provided many material benefits, but in terms of the bigger questions of life and death then I would not look to a scientist for his or her opinion.

Peace
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Einstein

Einstein had an IQ of 160 and many of the great scientists were religious/Spiritual, as many are today, and I can't help but wonder how many Spiritual people embrace science. For all you know there may be a raft of scientific people who are more Spiritual than you are. Carl Jung, the psychologist, had studied Eastern religions and sometimes mentioned them in his works. His model of the self, the ego and the contents of the ego is a translation of Sanskrit Ankhara. Talking of which.... A scientist called Nassim Harramein has come up with a scientific theory that explains the relationship with God, and it makes far more sense than anything I've seen on these boards. There are a few on these boards, I've noticed. Dismissiveness doesn't make wisdom, it only makes more ignorance.

I wouldn't ask a Spiritual person because they have a propensity for providing opinions as contradictory Universal Truths without having first formulated a question that genuinely seeks wisdom. Like the so-called "bigger questions". I'd go to Douglas Adams and the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy. You should read it because it explains all about the answer to Life, the Universe, Everything. You see, for some matter is emergent of consciousness while those that think consciousness is emergent of matter - those that read books and pack their noggins with knowledge - have it backwards. Tolle also agrees, he calls it "object consciousness." "Bigger" is relative to one's own egoic agenda.
Old 25-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Einstein

Einstein had an IQ of 160 and many of the great scientists were religious/Spiritual, as many are today, and I can't help but wonder how many Spiritual people embrace science. For all you know there may be a raft of scientific people who are more Spiritual than you are. Carl Jung, the psychologist, had studied Eastern religions and sometimes mentioned them in his works. His model of the self, the ego and the contents of the ego is a translation of Sanskrit Ankhara. Talking of which.... A scientist called Nassim Harramein has come up with a scientific theory that explains the relationship with God, and it makes far more sense than anything I've seen on these boards. There are a few on these boards, I've noticed.

I try...I really do try my friend...but nobody WANTS to know! They believe that if they close their eyes, it will all just go away...but oh wait...maybe it DOES.

Nassim Haramein is brilliant by the way.
Old 25-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
I wouldn't ask a Spiritual person because they have a propensity for providing opinions as contradictory Universal Truths without having first formulated a question that genuinely seeks wisdom.
Talk about a propensity to negatively stereotype 'Spiritual' folks (that is, whoever he decides to hang that label on)! It strikes me that's a button he never gets tired of pushing (for some 'reason' which presently escapes me, undoubtedly!).

Last edited by davidsun : 25-08-2019 at 11:42 PM.
Closed Thread