Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-06-2013, 10:12 PM
violetlines

How do people "Predict" the future?

How do people that claim to see the future know it? How is it possible. Because it hasn't happened yet, so literally anything could happen. "Psychics" like Sylvia Browne that make specific details about the future, how can they see it? How can they know? Because even spirit guides (if they even exist) can't even tell you the future. I was once on a "psychics" webpage and she claimed that she could tell you when you will meet your soul mate and what they will look like. I don't know how thats possible but if someone can tell me that it is then I'm signing up for that haha.

I also have an oraqle book and some of the questions are like "will i lead an adventure filled life", "what will my husband look like", "will i have kids" and I'm like how can a bloody book know all that? Things that are completely subject to change. I once went to a tarot reader and she said I will hve children and I'm like how? She obviously only said that to make me feel better though. I just can't understand how psychics, tarot readers etc can predict things that haven't happened yet. Someone please fill me in because I've got no idea. And can a psychic really predict who your soul mate is or when you'll find them? Because that would be really helpful.

Thanks for reading :)
Old 12-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Knower

Hmm...I have had readings from psychics and tarot readers in the past. Most of them though, it's hit and miss simply because the future is CONSTANTLY changing, it's not set in stone. Also knowing the future changes the future. I think psychics, tarot and etc. show possibilities of what might happen in the future because the future is filled with possibilities but ultimately in the end it's up to you & your decisions that will create the future. As to how they know, I honestly don't know, I'm learning just like you.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Free_Spirit1983

I'm still exploring this theory but here's my take on psychic abilities,

Time isn't linear. For the majority of people who are stuck with the theory that time is linear they see things as past, present, future - one straight line..

Imagine that line is a piece of string layed out in a straight line,

Others understand that time isn't linear, that it works in cycles, it bends and folds.. Some of these people (psychics) understand that they can take this straight piece of string and bend it, tie it in a knot, overlap it..

The "linear" person to get from start to finish would follow this string all the way from start to finish, however the psychic can intecept the string at any point they wish, or multiple points at once!

I also think it's a dimensional thing, if you can view this third dimension from a dimension above, again you can intercept time at any point you like! Let me give an example by working on a dimension below;

Take a 2d maze in a puzzle book, as a 3rd dimensional being you can take your pen and just draw an x in the middle without having to work anything out, effortless.. A 2d being would have to find their way around the maze to get to the centre, it's bound by the walls and corridors on that 2 dimensional maze..

Now imagine how easy it would be to access different points in the 3rd dimension from a 4th dimensional perspective, again effortless!

I believe this has a lot to do with how psychic abilities work, as well as mind control on an etheral level..
Old 12-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Free_Spirit1983

I also think we were all created as psychics,

There's so much evidence that in ancient times we used psychic abilities as the "norm"

Over time we've been manipulated and controlled so much so that we've lost who we once were as a race.. I

do believe these abilities will come back and people will begin to awaken to their natural states and get back what we once lost!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Free_Spirit1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvee
Hmm...I have had readings from psychics and tarot readers in the past. Most of them though, it's hit and miss simply because the future is CONSTANTLY changing, it's not set in stone. Also knowing the future changes the future. I think psychics, tarot and etc. show possibilities of what might happen in the future because the future is filled with possibilities but ultimately in the end it's up to you & your decisions that will create the future. As to how they know, I honestly don't know, I'm learning just like you.

Good point.. I think a responsible psychic/tarot reader/anyone into divination should present the readings as one possibility and make it clear that if this isn't what the client wants in their life then they have the power to change it..

My issue with most of the practitioners is that they present a reading as the only possible future, set in stone, this can then imprint on the client and they can play out this self fulfilling prophecy.. In a way it binds them becuase they have given their power to the reading without considering the limitless possibilities the universe has for us
Old 12-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetlines
How do people that claim to see the future know it? How is it possible. Because it hasn't happened yet, so literally anything could happen. "Psychics" like Sylvia Browne that make specific details about the future, how can they see it? How can they know? Because even spirit guides (if they even exist) can't even tell you the future. I was once on a "psychics" webpage and she claimed that she could tell you when you will meet your soul mate and what they will look like. I don't know how thats possible but if someone can tell me that it is then I'm signing up for that haha.

I also have an oraqle book and some of the questions are like "will i lead an adventure filled life", "what will my husband look like", "will i have kids" and I'm like how can a bloody book know all that? Things that are completely subject to change. I once went to a tarot reader and she said I will hve children and I'm like how? She obviously only said that to make me feel better though. I just can't understand how psychics, tarot readers etc can predict things that haven't happened yet. Someone please fill me in because I've got no idea. And can a psychic really predict who your soul mate is or when you'll find them? Because that would be really helpful.

Thanks for reading :)

violetlines - I agree with Free_Spirt1983 that there is ability to tap into information that exists outside of our every day conscious awareness. Some people hone in on this information and try to perfect their predictable abilities, such as psychics, but the future is ever changing and I’m just not knowledgeable enough about how accurate one can be. For example, my spouse wanted to put up his basketball rim before the asphalt people came. I said to him that he should wait until after they come because when they are churning up dirt, a rock might get thrown up and break his glass backboard. He didn’t pay me any attention. But less than 9 hours later I was driving home from the grocery store and got a rock thrown at my car windshield and it put a hole in it! Did I predict the future, but with the details a bit wrong or did I in some way cause the event with subconscious intention? Or was it shear coincidence? I don’t know. I had precognitive dreams where I dreamt about Princess Diana’s death and the Kansas City Bombing the day before they happened. It’s a mystery how and when information arrives, but the level of trusting intuition either warrants belief or disbelief in such things.

As for popular psychics, I’m not sure how accurate they are or can be 100% of the time. I think their reputation to predict and money is a motivating factor. Again, that’s not to disclaim that some people are more receptive to information that comes from sources that can’t be explained, but some get caught up in sensationalizing. I feel it’s important to trust oneself more than what others say especially concerning self. I don't think I answered your question on "how" people can see the future, but this is just my take on the topic.

Blackraven
Old 12-06-2013, 02:16 PM
RightAndWrong

When I was younger I was able to do this slightly. I'd just get images in my head or that come to me in dreams and they'd become reality. Usually nothing important, though.

The biggest one was seeing one of my cats after I had woke up one morning. It was 'standing' in the air in front of me, motionless. I had screamed. A few months later, that cat passed away.

Not long ago, I had another feeling that one of my cats' would pass away.

I'm a little uneasy about it and don't know if I should take these thoughts as truth, but I thought I'd share.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Master

I am always a little mindful that any reading or any prediction given is very much "in the moment". Free will kicks in at every junction along the way which can change the outcome. And it is not just your freewill, other people have free will which can impact you one way or another.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:36 PM
violetlines

Thanks for all your answers :) I'm still confused how they gain insight into the future. Do they ask their guides/divine or what?
Old 13-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Master

Yes, some ask their guides, some just 'see' and some use the Tarot cards as a sort of springboard to intuition. More than once I have had dreams predicting a future incident right down to the detail of where people are standing and what they're saying.

Jenny Crow