Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 13-01-2019, 07:23 PM
Knower
Everything is perfect ??

I see a lot of merit in seeing things as perfect to help yourslef and am planing to go that route now - but while reading about this type of way of acting i ran into people saying that everything is perfect in an actual sense

and the claim against that which always rises from people but never gets answered is : how are wars and diseases and all the suffering thats happening perfect ?

also if everything is perfect why do good deeds ?
Old 19-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Yin and Yang. Nature is perfect, but you can't have love without hate. Good without evil. Etc. Understanding that both opposites are one will help in understanding this.

What good deeds? Remember doing so is self-serving. Just be your true self in spreading kindness and compassion.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Seeker

Maybe if we decided to paint a picture of a man and a woman living life and had billions of years to create the perfect picture we might come to the conclusion that in order to see some positives as beautiful as they are we would have to paint some negatives. Man and Woman would be such opposites. Yin and Yang.

We as humans have a soul which is from the essence of the universe and travels through the middle of Yin and Yang.

The earth goes through a cycle of spring summer autumn and winter. Within that cycle is birth and death. All the good that can ever be and all the bad.

We are given free will to travel through these changes in what ever direction we
want. We can be the nicest person or the nastiest person its up to us but with each act we choose we open a door which takes us up a level or down a level and each extra level is filled with more of what we have created.

The universe is that very perfect painting made from billions of years. Its considered every brush stroke, every detail, every angle. Its a perfectly balanced way of every life that has ever existed to join in the game. The picture
is so big to cater for every action or reality to take place that sometimes the bad parts like war etc look unbalanced. Positive gives us happiness. Negative gives us wisdom.
We cannot be happy with out knowing sad.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:42 PM
Master

As we tread the spiritual path we see both the absolute and the relative.

In the absolute, everything is perfect. If the cause is perfect then the effects are perfect. Perfection cannot give rise to imperfection.

In the relative, we see the imperfections such as war and disease, giving rise to unnecessary suffering. We compare how things are to an idea of how things could be. We do good deeds to try to improve our world.

We live as both an absolute existence and a relative experience. The aim is to experience the relative while resting in the absolute. Thus we see perfection in the imperfection.

This includes letting go of any idea of having an aim. Any aim is an idea of future becoming. When we let go of future becoming then we rest in present Being.

Peace
Old 13-03-2020, 07:21 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
I see a lot of merit in seeing things as perfect to help yourslef and am planing to go that route now - but while reading about this type of way of acting i ran into people saying that everything is perfect in an actual sense

and the claim against that which always rises from people but never gets answered is : how are wars and diseases and all the suffering thats happening perfect ?

also if everything is perfect why do good deeds ?

It’s a bit of a brain twister alright, but I would tend to agree with those who say the world is perfect in an actual sense. Although I detest the wars, disease, and suffering as much as anyone else, I can not say that I know that they are “unnecessary”. Life gives us the experiences that we need, not necessarily the ones we want. Or to look at it from another perspective, the only way we can get from life what the soul wants, is to undergo the experiences it has to offer. The world...life, is perfectly designed to provide the experiences that we need to learn and grow, but wisdom does not always come cheap.
When a child is born, we may say that the baby is “perfect”. And in the sense that there is nothing wrong with it, this is true. Yet the child will still change and grow. In time it may lose an arm, eye, or leg, or it may turn out to be autistic. And yet, if someone said the child is imperfect, we might object. In the larger sense there is still nothing “wrong” with the child, it is still “perfect”. During each life experience you may suffer greatly, be treated unjustly, become old, angry, and bitter, yet all of this is experience, all of it can expand your understanding and grow your soul. Both the world and you are perfect. Tomorrow both you and the world will have changed. Tomorrow both you and the world will still be perfect, you can never be anything less.

BTW: You say you now plan on going the route of seeing things as perfect. It is a difficult route to follow, and I have found I have great difficulty not getting lost along the way. In fact I can never be quite sure I am on the rout, particularly when anger, greed, envy and other such things cloud my vision. Which I suspect is a good thing, in fact, I suspect it is perfect.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:38 AM
Knower
Whoever introduced the concept of perfection did so because they were insecure and forgot their nature.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:59 AM
Experiencer

People say everything is perfect?

I would say everything has a crack in it.

But we're here and it doesn't do us any good to wallow in despair.

Do the good that you can and try and have some fun while you're at it.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:58 PM
ketzer

“The world, my friend Govinda, is not imperfect, or on a slow path towards perfection: no, it is perfect in every moment, all sin already carries the divine forgiveness in itself, all small children already have the old person in themselves, all infants already have death, all dying people the eternal life. It is not possible for any person to see how far another one has already progressed on his path; in the robber and dice-gambler, the Buddha is waiting; in the Brahman, the robber is waiting. In deep meditation, there is the possibility to put time out of existence, to see all life which was, is, and will be as if it was simultaneous, and there everything is good, everything is perfect, everything is Brahman. Therefore, I see whatever exists as good, death is to me like life, sin like holiness, wisdom like foolishness, everything has to be as it is, everything only requires my consent, only my willingness, my loving agreement, to be good for me, to do nothing but work for my benefit, to be unable to ever harm me. I have experienced on my body and on my soul that I needed sin very much, I needed lust, the desire for possessions, vanity, and needed the most shameful despair, in order to learn how to give up all resistance, in order to learn how to love the world, in order to stop comparing it to some world I wished, I imagined, some kind of perfection I had made up, but to leave it as it is and to love it and to enjoy being a part of it.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
Old 29-11-2020, 05:12 AM
Master
Everything is perfect, regardless of war and disease.
War and disease are irrelevant and cannot block the current of Dao.
And when you live in harmony with Dao, you joyfully live life in unconditionaly joy, regardless of any and all conditions, under any and all conditions, unconditionally, energy motionally, emotionally, you ALLOW your evermore natural and effortless greater allowed realisation of any and all things you may want to be do or have evermore naturally and effortlessly and freely here and now, when and where all that exists is being and becoming evermore naturally and effortlessly here and now.

You flow with the natural path of least resistance = the path of lesser resistance. IS the path of zero insistence. And full allowance. To allow the natural well-being of all that exists as it is being and becoming evermore naturally and effortlessly, freely and joyfully through you, here and now, for you, as you, with you, by you, through you. As all is one and one is all.

Namaste.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:57 PM
AbodhiSky

it's perfect in the sense i change what i can and don't change what i can't