Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 06-01-2021, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
sentient

Nice share of some of your history.
I use to carry my resentment luggage everywhere
I went because I thought I was justified or right to
keep it.
Luckily those on the Redroad said if wanted to walk their
way i needed to learn to get rid of my rightness to follow the Chanunpa Wakan.
Also to learn how to trust and Love. these are big lessons to learn.

^
^
^
^
One blood/ Redroad language video

Lakota wisdom keepers. 6:21 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU4p_StNFpc
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Wallace Black Elk/ Earth Person
1.42 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZM6MfyZf0o
^^^^
&
^^^^^^^

Gosh.... He's handsome, those cheek bones
Old 06-01-2021, 10:01 PM
ImthatIm

It is a representation of The White Buffalo Calf Maiden.
Like Christianity follows a male Jesus Christ, in our Way of Life
we follow the teachings brought by a Woman that teaches us The Way
to The Father Wakan Tanka the Great Mystery Spirit or Great Spirit.
She brought the Chanunpa Wakan or Sacred Pipe and gave rites and instructions
to the people. The Chanunpa Wakan or White Buffalo Calf Pipe is still in the possession
of our Pope like leader. Arvoll Looking Horse
Those that follow the Chanunpa Wakan Way,(Sacred Pipe Way) say it is not a religion but a Way of Life.
The Chanunpa Way has a Church, we call it Nature or our Mother, that gives and sustains
our Life in the in-between Sky and Earth.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
sentient

Nice share of some of your history.
I use to carry my resentment luggage everywhere
I went because I thought I was justified or right to
keep it.
Luckily those on the Redroad said if wanted to walk their
way i needed to learn to get rid of my rightness to follow the Chanunpa Wakan.
Also to learn how to trust and Love. these are big lessons to learn.

I don’t consciously/intentionally carry my resentment luggage in daily life, but when racism rears its ugly head – of course it is the old wound opening up again and this (as a child; - subconscious) need to protect gran, now meaning whoever is in the receiving end of racism.

I do not take ‘sides’ – but have a guess what side racist situations themselves generally put me in.

In this case I would ‘side with’ the white male:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58NFBsEsVqQ
… like these dudes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrAOWURvU98
But had she (in the video) been ‘native’ or ‘indigenous’ instead of African/American - my bias would show in my comment to her:
“Why is cultural appropriation activism turning you ‘white’ - girl? Have you no understanding of indigenous spirituality left in you?”

Quote:
One blood/ Redroad language video
Lakota wisdom keepers. 6:21 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU4p_StNFpc
That was good – and sounded proper-right.

My Western, ‘white’ Social Justice Warrior grandfather hated the Church (well, actually, he hated those Lutheran ‘moral authority’ clergymen who had sexually abused their young female servants. (My great-great grandfather’s untold story and the Fennoman propaganda).
So, he also allegedly hated the Church oppression of the ‘Natives’.
Besides, he thought all that ‘spirituality stuff’ was just plain nonsense. “Religion is the opium of the people” was his motto, so spirituality too was just for the uneducated feeble mind fruit loops - he thought.

In his superiority, (like any proper-right white man understands himself to be) – he saw it his mission to educate the dumb blacks (gran) or the natives and teach them the Western thought. And his superiority and his SJW-rightness saw no limits as to how many tickets he could pin on himself (i.e. this to sell/have tickets on yourself ... thing) – and what’s more – generally people believed him, were blinded by his conceptual *rap (as everybody saw how good looking, handsome he was aaaand how good a provider for his family ... which he was).

But all the nonsense talk about spirits, animal spirit helpers, omens, premonitions, other dimensions, trances etc. was supposed to be out – yet my grandfather became a constant unwilling witness to them due to all that being my auntie’s and uncle’s reality (and mine too – I should add).

Gran was non-dual, so all this talk about Mitákuye Oyás'iŋ (All Are Related) was given reality, not any conceptual native belief.
But my grandfather, due to his superiority (as I saw it as a child) he could not “shift” into this non-dual mode or perspective.
Gran saw this ‘superiority’ as a live-comedy-act and just laughed and laughed and laughed, whereas I just got angrier and angrier and angrier and, in the end, hated my contradictory hypocrite grandfather like a plague and wowed never-ever! - marry a white-man like gran had done.
And of course I didn’t, but ‘married into a black tribe’ instead ….
How could one ever trust a man (or anyone) who cannot shift into nonduality nor even see you – nor acknowledge (your) spirit!

Gran had known better though. I think she had foreseen him come good in the end, which he did in the last years of his life when the tickets started falling off him and the penny dropped when he himself started having other-dimensional-spiritual visions.
Maybe in his past life, he had been one of those moral authority clergymen who had abused their power sexually and who had also committed crimes against the indigenous – but had repented and had now been born into a circumstance which enabled him to learn from that ‘other side’.

Everyone needs healing – the former oppressors and the oppressed alike.
And we all knew how healing gran’s presence was – even he was fully accepted into ‘non-dual oneness’ he himself couldn’t see but.

In principle I do this too, but the realty of this blindness - instead of making me laugh - ****es me off.
But what ****es me off the most is, when the ‘cultural appropriation nazis’ became so “white” in their campaign strategy tactics and approach to supposedly “protect native spirituality” (and do not even themselves realize/see they are doing this, nor would they see spirit even if it sat on their face ....). And I see this as actually destroying the spirituality they are pretending to "save".

And idiot ‘whites’ (from a wealthy middle class) believe in their conceptual ** and thus they can be milked for funds etc.
You too can become a defender of native spirituality, by supporting/validating/donating to my SJW image/propaganda cause”.
“You too can become connected to the indigenous through your service to our brand of SJWhood work”.

Very wary of SJWs I am … black, indigenous or white.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:06 PM
ImthatIm

sentient
Quote:
I don’t consciously/intentionally carry my resentment luggage in daily life, but when racism rears its ugly head – of course it is the old wound opening up again and this (as a child; - subconscious) need to protect gran, now meaning whoever is in the receiving end of racism.

Yup. I too carry early learned traits and coping mechanisms in my wagon that now carries
my luggage of old defective characteristics that I don't find beneficial in daily life.
It is much lighter to pull them in my wagon rather than carry them on my back.
Trust plays a big part in my decision making.
I use defective traits less and less and I'm finding it much easier to reject the use of them.
I feel so much peace these days that when that stuff does come up
I can feel it effecting me like standing to close to the fire.
It feels very uncomfortable.

Quote:
I do not take ‘sides’ – but have a guess what side racist situations themselves generally put me in.

The underdog side?

In reference to the white guy with dreads: I would classify that vid. as ridiculousness.
First the girl was just spreading her animosity and found a target. Then the guy seemed to have a prepared 'Egyptian' response that seemed
like his justification. So he seemed not really secure in his own identity wearing the dreads.
I did not know there was even such a thing as the hair police. LOL

Cultural appropriations is a hard subject to analyze.
I usually place them in 2 categories. #1 Ridiculousness #2 Theft.
Cultures have been traded and borrowed and incorporated for eons.
I am not saying that some cultural things should not be protected.

It seems to be the resentment and anger and disrespect that gets this type of SJW practice to go sideways.
I have seen Spiritual leaders use respectful, humble strait talk to people, many times in the form of a question
or maybe a story. I have seen a whole lot of ridiculousness around Native ceremonies where the public is invited though.
It seems like we are living in the age of political correctness and shaming.
An old religious practice, I think it's called "being preached to" and inquisition. LOL
The biggest appropriator is museums and anthropologists and collectors. IMO.

I'll end here and continue later.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:38 PM
Master
Quote:
to the people. The Chanunpa Wakan or White Buffalo Calf Pipe is still in the possession
Those that follow the Chanunpa Wakan Way,(Sacred Pipe Way) say it is not a religion but a Way of Life.
The Chanunpa Way has a Church, we call it Nature or our Mother, that gives and sustains

Thank you for sharing these powerful images.

The last time I was on the reservation, to see a class graduate from high school, three amazing things happened.

I took photos of a student who was a friend. She was in a rug dress woven with sacred symbols. (The photos, when developed, were blank) power of symbols.

My you son, age 3 at the time, awoke from a nap and told us all he had seen Thunder man. (A spirit had followed her husband home from a ceremony)

Lastly, my friends sister in law sat with us and told me of protections...and prophecy stories. One of which was the white buffalo. They also shared with me the need to prepare for the future.

These picture remind me of that time. I see it all clear as the moment occurred.

Again, thank you ImthatIm!
Old 11-01-2021, 10:44 AM
Administrator
I would agree with ImthatIm that is what i have always believed also.
Beautiful images,

Namaste
Old 11-01-2021, 12:16 PM
Newbie ;)

I don't know but I always appreciate the history, religion, and cultures of other races. At some point, I thought, we are indeed diverse but all the lines go back into one lineage. Btw, love the images and the meaning behind them.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:40 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala

The last time I was on the reservation, to see a class graduate from high school, three amazing things happened.

I took photos of a student who was a friend. She was in a rug dress woven with sacred symbols. (The photos, when developed, were blank) power of symbols.

My you son, age 3 at the time, awoke from a nap and told us all he had seen Thunder man. (A spirit had followed her husband home from a ceremony)

Lastly, my friends sister in law sat with us and told me of protections...and prophecy stories. One of which was the white buffalo. They also shared with me the need to prepare for the future.

These picture remind me of that time. I see it all clear as the moment occurred.

Thanks for sharing part of your life.
It is wonderful to have these powerful moments in time come back into our lives.
I have been recently learning greatly from past ceremony and occurrences.
It amazes me how they can still teach.
Your son sounds like a Thunder dreamer.
Here are a few articles from the Nativetimes.
The author talks of Thunder dreamers in the Lakota way.
The Thunder dreamer may also be called a Sacred Clown or Heyoka.
These articles may interest you.

https://www.nativetimes.com/6203-hey...aturals-among-

https://www.nativetimes.com/index.ph...han-his-shadow
Old 11-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Master
Quote:

Interesting story Alana, thanks for joining in.

From the other thread:
Quote:
Ah, I think I saw Jacob Holdt at a lecture at University long ago when he was much younger. I remember his pictures, stark reality. Important to remember.

http://www.american-pictures.com/gallery/

In general:
Certainly an eye opener. Jacob used to tell his American stories with pictures at his home in central Copenhagen & I was very glad for having been shown this other side of reality.

More or less just around the corner where Jacob lived, Innuits used to gather, so the pain of his own street where Innuits were quite literally dying at his feet remained … unseen, unacknowledged.
Because it must be the other countries’ colonialism and colonial racist attitudes that cause suffering … innit?

Even the white – skeletons with scabs, heroin addicts - had better, more hopeful lives/futures with the many programs to help them.

Quote:
https://www.vestfilm.dk/inukwoman/afilm.html
In downtown Copenhagen in the Vesterbro district many women who have arrived from Greenland end up in a miserable situation, homeless and drinking heavily. Many only survive for a few years. And almost no one ever returns to Greenland.

https://arcticgenderequality.network...man-city-blues
I suppose the situation in Canada is similar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfugACqFP58

Aaaand never mind America – what about the ‘pictures’ of Africans, African Americans, the Caribbeans who came to live in Copenhagen. If the story there wasn’t as shocking in parts as in America – I don’t know what 'shocking' is ... for I was shocked ...

Still I’m angry/sad - maybe mostly at myself, because I was no better - did nothing but was fast becoming a useless alcoholic myself trying to drown the painful reality I felt trapped in.

So you are not the only one ImthatIm, but perhaps the reasons for our drinking were different.

Old 11-01-2021, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:

It is just that with all these beautiful images and concepts - one has to acknowledge the potentiality of fake pipe carriers ........
besides; - Does Looking Back Woman Have ‘The’ Sacred Pipe?:
http://www.awarenessmag.com/julaug06...oking_back.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCJKtQGtnvo

This is not a matter for an outsider to get involved in, but to be aware of.