Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 19-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The gym I go to: virtually everybody is laid back and many of us are 'friends'.
People don't change their clothes but work out in their street clothes. Because of this, there are no lockers or showers.

I didn't mean to cause any problems. I hope this helps you understand where I was coming from.

Sounds good, John.

Of course, no problems lol. Just curious what you meant!

Last edited by Altair : 19-12-2023 at 08:29 PM.
Old 19-12-2023, 07:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
But I would do it anywhere except the gym. This to me would be like trying to meditate in the middle of a supermarket.

Maybe it is possible but if even some of the most dedicated meditation enthusiasts feel the need to go to a monastery then I wonder if it's possible to really ''stay connected'' in a busy place full of distraction, noise, 'wrong' music.

Last edited by Altair : 19-12-2023 at 08:30 PM.
Old 20-12-2023, 06:12 AM
Master

Falling leaves post #20.
Hi again. Please believe me when I say I DO know and understand. And these are not just shallow words , I honestly know.
I spent a lifetime being bullied in one form or another , being an introvert and for the most part afraid to speak . Why? Because I was "different" and soon became like a black sheep.
I am a highly sensitive/ empath. And that is the reason I reacted to the the comment because I instantly knew and felt how the comment would appear to Altair.
I have known him for several years and I know full well he did not mean anything negative in his post. You will notice that he apologised for any misunderstanding with his post.
I know people might think I'm harsh but I can promise I'm not. In real life I could not be more caring. But it's quite simple really, in order to avoid attack , don't start a war !
( That comment was NOT aimed at anyone on this thread and especially not the author. I was meaning anyone in general )
Old 20-12-2023, 06:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Maybe it is possible but if even some of the most dedicated meditation enthusiasts feel the need to go to a monastery then I wonder if it's possible to really ''stay connected'' in a busy place full of distraction, noise, 'wrong' music.
And as I said , each of us are very different and what works for one won't work for another.
Personally I find it very difficult to meditate , so for me it has to be somewhere very quiet and peaceful.
Usually I would go to the beach and sit on a large rock ( although I realise not everyone is lucky enough to have the beach on their doorstep)..
Or I would lay in bed before sleep with a guided meditation .
We also should note that because I'm an Empath , busy noisy places are not places I need to be . I avoid them in general just to get through the day ( at least now that I'm housebound it helps lol...)
Old 20-12-2023, 02:30 PM
Master

hi angel blue

I realy wasn't meanning to seem critical, I do understand you are an empath and understand to some level! That much is obvious from the original post, and from many other posts you have made.

I also understand, that your life right now is well kinda not 'ideal' to put it mildly lol!

just in the post I answered, you specifically said something that seemed to indicate you didn't know one aspect of it, and so I was answering to that. I am sorry I was wrong in my estimation!
Old 21-12-2023, 07:23 AM
Master

Hi FallingLeaves.
We gotta stop meeting like this... People will talk !!!!!
Firstly, you have got nothing to apologise for ( where have I heard that before!!....) .
Never once, at any time, did I think anyone was being critical towards me. Put it this way, if I thought that you'd have known about it. I'm a lion, I roar LOL....
And secondly, I can't stop laughing. You know my life right now is not kinda "ideal"...
I howled with laughter and I know this will make me chuckle all day. It really tickled my funny bone . And this is what I need because about the only thing I've got left of the "old me" is my sense of humour, and to be able to laugh is such a tonic.
And I never want people to shy away from my illness. I've publicised it so that people might even want to ask questions about it if they are going through the same or know someone that is.

But anyway, to keep on topic , the irony is that I can no longer excercise anyway now. The only part of me that gets any excercise is my brain and the index finger on my right hand typing out all these messages LOL...
Old 22-12-2023, 02:44 AM
Master

Ab (blushes)
Old 22-12-2023, 06:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Ab (blushes)
Haha...and here's bossy for you..
Your metal/ spiritual / excercise for 2024 is to have more confidence and belief in yourself.
And YES , that IS an order !!!
Now go forth and be bold !!!
Old 22-12-2023, 02:57 PM
Master

hahaha well maybe I could work at it a little bit. lol.

I just wanna be careful though, I know exactly what I thought about this awful life I was given and I feel like a lot of the stuff I went through is not so uncommon to go through, at least subconsciously.... and people deserve better than that if you ask me.... I really don't wish to cause more problems just in an effort to make myself feel better...

besides it isn't like anything I say is actually important. We would all do much better for ourselves than that just by doing the one thing the israelites always refused to do: actually listen to their god.
Old 22-12-2023, 03:06 PM
Master

Oh my GOD .
And this is why I can't die now.
Good grief there is much work to do.
Dear me , where do I start ???
Behave child and get a grip on reality .
You are one in 8th millionth important in this world...
Make it count.
And if I hear "excuses" you get detention ...you hear ???