Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Master
25. Time is proof of God. To avoid infinite regression, some power had to begin human time, because we certainly didnot begin it ourselves.
Old 13-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Master
26. Reason is proof of God. I have trouble thinking that human ability to reason just crawled out of some water in the form of an ameba, eventually turned itself into an ape and then evolved into a reasoning human being. Because its unreasonable. Whats reasonable is that human reason came from a reasonant creator.
Old 13-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
25. Time is proof of God. To avoid infinite regression, some power had to begin human time, because we certainly didnot begin it ourselves.

Ever heard of space-time fabric?

Is it required that we be here to observe time?
Old 14-12-2011, 12:09 AM
sprinter

Hi Mickiel, great thread keep em coming.
If your detractors were so sure of themselves I doubt they would even bother to address your claims, but the hurried urgency of their resistance speaks of a frightened, lingering doubt/fear that you could, very possibly, be right.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter
If your detractors were so sure of themselves I doubt they would even bother to address your claims,
It's because i am sure of myself, in that i do not need a god to feel secure, that I am able to express my views.
Whether god exists or not, as i am not convinced either way, is of no concern to me.
And i joyfully don't know if my interpretation of reality is true or not,
unlike Mickiel who perhaps has some attachment issues regarding proofs.
Quote:
but the hurried urgency of their resistance speaks of a frightened, lingering doubt/fear that you could, very possibly, be right.
So, if I reject another's claims, I am doing so from fear and doubt?

And your comparitive based conclusion I am hurrying to respond is again, speculation.
A person responds when they respond, it has nothing to do with your judgement if it's quick or not.

And yes, by all means mickiel..keep 'em coming. Express yourself as freely and equally as everyone else here.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Guide
Quote:
If your detractors were so sure of themselves I doubt they would even bother to address your claims, but the hurried urgency of their resistance speaks of a frightened, lingering doubt/fear that you could, very possibly, be right.

Not at all, my friend. Just good ol' conversation and disagreement. You say it like we're some sort of organized team

If mickiel is right, it seems very unlikely to me. And I am quite entitled to my opinion as is anyone else, right?
Old 14-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
Ever heard of space-time fabric?

Is it required that we be here to observe time?

No, I never have heard of such a thing. But I do believe God created time soley for humans; and that only for a period of time will last, then time will be no more. Which kind of scares me. Eternity is a bit frigthening to my mind. And that Mystery, 27. is proof of God to me. Mystery is a proof of God; the unknown, which is one reason why God hides himself, to add to that Mystery.

The Mystery of where God comes from, his age; if he has an age. The mystery of how he can have no beginning. The mystery of why he let human history play out the way it has. The mystery of why he allowed religion to literally ruin his reputation.
Old 14-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Guide
The space-time fabric is the heart of relativity theory. It denotes that space and time are interwoven and cannot be separated.

Thus why if you send an astronaut out into space near the speed of light, time is literally going to slow down for them. It's been proven in other ways, such as when two planes carrying atomic clocks traveled around the earth, synchronized with a clock on land. The clocks were off by millionths of a second when the planes returned the data. At near the speed of light, this difference increases until it becomes noticeable.

If God were to create time, wouldn't it be universal? And not varying depending on velocity?
Old 14-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:

Are you saying sprinter that no one else's opinions count?....and why put someone down by calling them 'detractors'...hurried urgency?...what does that mean?....what if Mickiel is right? what if he's not?.....what's your issue with anyone stating their minds? or are you afraid that they may be right and it would upset your rigid thinking?......hmmm.....just a thought......an open mind is a wonderful thing... try it sometime......it opens up a world of possibilities.....Peace xxx
Old 14-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Gracey

Appreciate this thread Mickiel.