Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-09-2021, 07:59 PM
Knower
A brief spiritual moment

I would like to share a certain experience with others before i forget about it. One morning, when i woke up, i did not remember anything for a brief moment. In this brief moment, i was awake, but only aware of my existence. I did not remember anything, like who am i, where am i, what am i doing here, etc. It was like my memory had not caught up to my consciousness yet.
In this moment, i felt very lighthearted, nice, calm and peaceful.

However, this moment only lasted for a few seconds, because i started looking at the room and tried to remember things. Then suddenly, my memory caught up to me and i remembered everything, which is 23 years of my life.
When there was no memory, i felt light, but when my memory came back, i felt heavy.
It was like a burden had been stacked on my shoulders like the schoolbag which i carried back in school.

This incident cleared a misconception that i had about my self. i thought if i removed my memory, including my past, my desires, my ideals, then there would be nothing left of me, or whatever would be left, will not be me. Now, i realize that memory does not create me at all. Its just a useful tool i have with me all the time.
I can exist perfectly alright without it as well.
Though i came across this state of peace and forgetfulness, i have no idea how to access it. If you know something, do share.
Old 25-09-2021, 10:12 PM
Master

yeah i like that. When it started happening I thought it was cool.

I *think* it has something to do with vibrations in the temples, because when I still that part of my body I can sort of forget. So you might want to try to quit thinking thoughts, which is difficult because the stream of thoughts is tied into breathing and you'd need to feel free enough to let your breathing be modified... (in particular I notice that stilling that part of my body takes me part way down the 'holding your breath' road). cold water on the head may also help here... it may help you 'see' the difference between your current state and the state you seek.
Old 26-09-2021, 08:43 AM
hazada guess

the spiritual1, yeah that's happened to me as well a couple of times, the trouble is, I started panicking.
Old 26-09-2021, 10:06 AM
Guide
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiritual1
I would like to share a certain experience with others before i forget about it. One morning, when i woke up, i did not remember anything for a brief moment. In this brief moment, i was awake, but only aware of my existence. I did not remember anything, like who am i, where am i, what am i doing here, etc. It was like my memory had not caught up to my consciousness yet.
It sounds like you experienced your soul/spirit i.e. away from ego. Have you done any meditation? It provides this same experience.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-09-2021 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 26-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Lorelyen

Is there such a thing as a spiritual moment?
Old 26-09-2021, 11:45 AM
Legrand

Quote:
One morning, when i woke up, i did not remember anything for a brief moment. In this brief moment, i was awake, but only aware of my existence. I did not remember anything, like who am i, where am i, what am i doing here, etc. It was like my memory had not caught up to my consciousness yet.
Hello The Spiritual,

It is a very nice experience you are describing here.

Hope it will come to append every morning when you wake up. Everything is new then, like for a baby being born in this world.

At least it is how I experience it every morning.

Antoine
Old 26-09-2021, 12:26 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
This incident cleared a misconception that i had about my self that i thought if i removed my memory,
including my past, my desires, my ideals, then there would be nothing left of me, or whatever would be left, will not be me.
Now, i realize that memory does not create me at all; its just a useful tool ...
I have no idea how to access it, if you know something, do share.
This darn 3 sentence request!
This was an amazing original post!
A must read for everyone, imo.
.... my memory had not caught up to my consciousness yet.

I tended to think I was the accumulation of memories once, also.
I've even heard it said!

The only thing I could contribute to accessing this space is in long meditation. (I mean you forget you are in a body sitting there! Ha!
Let alone the past!)
Now, you may have to sit for 3 hours before you get to that place, granted...
depends on your experience practicing being in stillness and silence, comfortably, peacefully not moving at all -
It's a wonderful thing.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-09-2021, 12:41 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Now, you may have to sit for 3 hours before you get to that place, granted...
In the beginning yes it may take up to three hours, granted.
But comes a time that just a single breath, not even, is enough to get to that place.
IMHO
Old 26-09-2021, 01:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
In the beginning yes it may take up to three hours, granted.
But comes a time that just a single breath, not even, is enough to get to that place.
IMHO
Agreed and shared.
It's experiencing the present moment, and only the present moment outside meditation.

Before meditating, it's odd to actually not have that memory or those projections into the future.
And after 100s or 1000s of hours of meditation, it becomes odd to leave the present moment and go wandering in memories and projections.
Old 26-09-2021, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
And after 100s or 1000s of hours of meditation, it becomes odd to leave the
present moment and go wandering in memories and projections.
OMG, Are you ever correct!

I have heard talk about us having 10s of thousands of thoughts in an hour or something...and I always go, "Huh?"
But, people actually do! They tell me...and esp when they can't sleep.
(But, not after decades of sitting for 3-6 hrs in silence, often.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru